Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 17:04   #6616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
This is at Bagmane , CVR.
What were you doing parking your car in the visitors parking? Late to office?
Old 29th August 2014, 11:51   #6617
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
But it looks like there are space markings for cars to be parked there? The car appears to be parked within the markers as well.
Sir, I hope you are showing concerns only for first & third cars.
No, Not exactly sir. I agree on the point of early arrivals. But that is not a car park ever since the use of building started. I can understand the confusion that might arise due to first row being a car park. But listening to the guard in-stead of arguing with him would have saved the embarrassment. I was witness of that too. My car was parked in first row.

The visible markers may be designated for cars in initial plan, but was never used as one. Trust me he is not a new comer. I know at least one of them. For early arrivers there is a separate car park, in the next row. please refer to extreme right of the pics.
PS:- appreciate the parallel parking skills of both cars.

--NOM-- I requested. no sympathies of any kind to be shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Why do we drive the slowest on the right lane?
Sir, ever thought of moving ahead of them & driving even slower.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 29th August 2014 at 12:18.
Old 29th August 2014, 13:19   #6618
BHPian

Yesterday I was travelling from chennai to coimbatore and near ulundurpet an I 10 with tn02 registration and driver on the wheel and passenger in back seat decided to grab my attention.

For no apparent reason he just wanted to tailgate me whether I was at 80,100,120 or more.

At these speeds andy two toddlers travelling with me he was tailgating so close that his number plate was not visible in my irvm.

Such morons i hope they dare do with a truck or bus in front and it happens to brake suddenly.

Only then will they understand the consequences of tail gating and rear ending.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 13:43   #6619
BHPian

Few I can add, if not covered already...

1) Bikers on mobile phone with head tilted on one side, so mobile doesn't fall. Ofcourse they are not wearing helmet.

2) Any vehicles driver on mobile phone, since concentration is divided, they can suddenly stop, brake or change lane... I see lot of them. Don't know which call is so important then their own life. Why can't they find a safe spot and then talk if call is so important.

3) Another kind I have seen, they are texting while driving...deadly combination... I am really amazed at their multitasking skills......

4) If you stop on red light, people behind you honk & honk & honk and abuse as you have stopped and following traffic rules but they do not have patience for a minute to two.

5) Drivers who suddenly come out of a blind turn on main road in full flow without minding who is coming from main road.. if you are not cautious before every turn, god bless you.

6) Parking woes, adequately covered in previous pots on this thread....

List is endless and I wonder how do these drivers get the license at all or we all have lost patience.... its matter of minute or 2 and care for others on the road.
Old 29th August 2014, 13:45   #6620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Yesterday I was travelling from chennai to coimbatore and near ulundurpet an I 10 with tn02 registration and driver on the wheel and passenger in back seat decided to grab my attention.

For no apparent reason he just wanted to tailgate me whether I was at 80,100,120 or more.

At these speeds andy two toddlers travelling with me he was tailgating so close that his number plate was not visible in my irvm.

Such morons i hope they dare do with a truck or bus in front and it happens to brake suddenly.

Only then will they understand the consequences of tail gating and rear ending.
Lightly feather the brakes to scare the hell out of such morons!
man_of_steel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 14:20   #6621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Lightly feather the brakes to scare the hell out of such morons!
I do something even more simple. I just switch on the right turn indicator, and they automatically slow down and back off. Works every single time.
Raghav_K is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 15:54   #6622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
I do something even more simple. I just switch on the right turn indicator, and they automatically slow down and back off. Works every single time.
The place where I come from, there are no regards for the indicator. If you put the indicator for switching lane, the vehicle directly behind you or in the next lane will start honking and accelerate forward to get before me. Believe me or not, this happens EVERY TIME/ EVERY DAY in Bangalore.
Old 29th August 2014, 19:04   #6623
Team-BHP Support

Nice music to boot as well. Maybe she being a learner was being taught, not to do many maneuvers, maybe someone else will teach her right, someday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
with a young lady taking driving lessons from a young man who was more interested in her than her driving.
Did we miss something which wasn't visible in the video?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 20:21   #6624
Team-BHP Support

That's a BHP'ian I spotted today, with a kid putting half his body out of the rear window!

Black Swift, on Old Madras Road, Bangalore. LTD at the rear. Can see a tinge of yellow through the gap between the mirror of the car behind.

See the gap between those two wheelers and the cars? Bikers would have zoomed into that space, had it not been blocked by my car! And they would not be expecting a kid to keep popping half his body out of the window! Food for thought- incase you are reading.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1409323804.857513.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 21:18   #6625
BHPian

One of my fears -- a sleepy driver behind the wheel (photo taken from IRVM). This chap had been closely tailgating me for a while. It was after two signals that I realised how sleepy he was. Fortunately just after this he switched to the left lane.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc00392.jpg

A few days back I posted an image of a taxi that got stuck when attempting to take a shortcut U-turn across a muddy divider. Today at a traffic bottleneck I see a repeat -- except this time it's an ambulance that had tried the same (at the same location) with worse results. The front has gone into the mud.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc00394.jpg

Last edited by Kumar R : 29th August 2014 at 21:20.
Old 29th August 2014, 22:38   #6626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... ... For no apparent reason he just wanted to tailgate me whether I was at 80,100,120 or more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
One of my fears -- a sleepy driver behind the wheel (photo taken from IRVM). This chap had been closely tailgating me for a while.
It is just not safe to allow this, and the situation has to be resolved. Getting these people to drop back and stay back is not often possible, so the only answer is to get them past, where they can no longer run into us.

It is irksome, it is a nuisance, in some circumstances it can even hurt the pride and principles (I hate letting people past just because they want to go faster than, not me, but all the traffic) but it is the safe option and an end to the worry. Until the next guy comes up the backside.
Old 29th August 2014, 23:32   #6627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is just not safe to allow this, and the situation has to be resolved. Getting these people to drop back and stay back is not often possible, so the only answer is to get them past, where they can no longer run into us.

It is irksome, it is a nuisance, in some circumstances it can even hurt the pride and principles (I hate letting people past just because they want to go faster than, not me, but all the traffic) but it is the safe option and an end to the worry. Until the next guy comes up the backside.

Yes right. I did allow him past me quite a few times.

The best I could do was stopped for a break. Downed a cup of coffee when I really did not need one. But the good was , this guy was long gone not to be seen again.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 23:54   #6628
BHPian

Two- or three- or four-wheelers driving slowly in the Right-lane anywhere, not letting idiot-maniacs like me pass them.

Diesel three-wheelers who can never cross 40 kph in eleventeen lifetimes trying to squeeze past me at traffic lights as though they can speed away from me. The only thing they achieve is to hold me up and getting me mad, trying to pass them while they hog the Right lane.

Piddly bloody 100- to 350 cc two-wheelers who think they are Rossi, trying to "overtake" someone on a four-laner, thus preventing me from passing them. Unless you have something that's a minimum of 600 cc or 750 cc, stay off highways or expressways. Stick to back-roads!

And two-wheelers, unless you are doing speeds of at least 80-100 kliks, stay off the frigging Right lane!!!!!!!!

Two-wheelers on the ORR in the extreme Right lane. You have no frigging business even being on that road, let alone being in the frigging Right lane. Let maniacs like me drive in peace and get out of the frigging way. Drive on the back-roads where you belong.

If I overtake you any time, do not try to get in front of me at the traffic light. I just have to waste my time trying to overtake you again while you won't give me any frigging room while you know all too well that you are just being an *very bad word*.

If you are riding something on two or three or four or more wheels, keep your *bad word* mirrors in a position where you can actually see what's going on around and behind you, and look at the damned thing every 5 seconds. Yes every 5 seconds at the very minimum. Did anyone actually teach you how to drive? Do you even know how to walk in a safe manner?

Last edited by tilt : 29th August 2014 at 23:58.
tilt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 11:20   #6629
BHPian

Quote:
whether I was at 80,100,120 or more.
Why didnt you try a 20 or 30, it always works
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 11:43   #6630
Distinguished - BHPian

Witnessed an incident where I could have been the victim today morning. When I look back at it, it looks funny though, but could have been disastrous.

While coming to office, I saw a diesel auto driver starting the engine with the rope technique while parked on the left side of his lane. If you are not familiar with this technique then it is like one ties rope around the starter motor pulley (just like a kid ties rope around the gaming spinning tops aka lattu) and pulls it away to start the engine; while standing at the rear where the pulley is. Probably used in absence of a battery or in a case of a bad starter motor.

I was approaching the scene from the opposite side hence could witness all the drama easily. The guy pulls the rope briskly and little did he realize that the rickshaw was in gear! The rickshaw started with the driver standing on the road and started to roll down the road and the poor chap was trying to overcome the diesel torque by trying to stop the rickshaw by pulling it with all the might he could.

Thankfully, there was a speed breaker hence I had already slowed down, else I might have come across the trajectory of the unmanned rickshaw and got hit severely. The rickshaw continued its journey of a second or two and finally crashed into the drain along side the road; damaging its front fiber bumpers in the act. It looked kind of funny when it happened but could have resulted in an accident had anyone been near it.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by saket77 : 30th August 2014 at 11:45.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks