Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 18:04   #9406
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

This Xylo missed me by a whisker while whizzing past me (I was in my bike), in the 200 ft road from Pallavaram towards Thoraipakkam, after Vels University signal. Luckily, I noticed him in the RVM and moved even more left while already riding in the left lane.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-xylo_rash_driving.jpg

He was overtaking a Tempo Traveller from the left side and it seems both were racing against each other. And he continued his merry run cutting across lanes in front of 2 wheelers and other cars and TT chasing him away to glory.

All this to get stuck in the next traffic signal in Eechankadu, where I was able to get past both of them riding in normal speeds. When will people learn to respect other vehicles in the road and drive sanely. And what is the use of IRVM in his car when all he can see is Dora.
jpcoolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 19:33   #9407
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Today I had slowed down to crawl as I was going over a hump, when this joker with a cervical collar comes from ahead, he has phone in one hand and he is trying to dial a number, with one hand on the steering wheel. I swung away by instinct, but that Charlie did not even notice how close he had come for a fender bender. These chaps with phone in their hands are dime a dozen, I see chaps making calls from all sort of vehicles, including cycles. There is no point in telling anything as I think unless they are involved in an accident the point will not be driven across. Yesterday I saw school bus driver with a phone in his hand driving through a very busy road, I wanted to inform the school, but as I got otherwise engaged, I could not do it. Will definitely inform tomorrow.
Old 26th July 2017, 07:46   #9408
Distinguished - BHPian

Everything in under 15 seconds:

Bad Driver(s) and an equally bad pedestrian and when each one of these think that the road is a playground.

How casually the BMTC Bus stops right there to pick a parcel from one of the driver's colleagues who walks up to the Bus even more casually.

And then, the fella on the i10 missed this pedestrian by a whisker at good passing speed!

paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 20:14   #9409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post

And what is the use of IRVM in his car when all he can see is Dora.
Looks like a rental car from CarzOnRent from the sticker at the back?

Is CarzOnRent renting cars with those Dora sunshades covering up the car? Preposterous.
Old 28th July 2017, 09:32   #9410
BHPian

Parked like an ass. Takes up two slots all for himself! And this is not his first time either. Happened many times before.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-capture.jpg

Uneducated people are bad drivers? This guy is an employee of an IT MNC!
Old 28th July 2017, 10:11   #9411
Senior - BHPian

Over educated perhaps? :P

Get the management to repaint the lane markers and perhaps he may park better. Otherwise he will simply use that as an excuse.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 10:18   #9412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Parked like an ass. Takes up two slots all for himself! And this is not his first time either. Happened many times before.

Attachment 1661659

Uneducated people are bad drivers? This guy is an employee of an IT MNC!
The car on right side is also wrong. He has parked exactly on the yellow line.
Old 28th July 2017, 11:34   #9413
BHPian

Yesterday night when getting back from town, I had a swift behind me who had a searchlight fitted on his right side RVM, which had bright LED’s, and they were blinding. What I can’t understand is the reason for this light, as the only purpose seems to be to blind opposing traffic. Being a Swift I don’t presume he goes off roading, in which case it could be useful at night time. Any ideas on this extra fitment.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:03   #9414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Yesterday night when getting back from town, I had a swift behind me who had a searchlight fitted on his right side RVM, which had bright LED’s, and they were blinding. What I can’t understand is the reason for this light, as the only purpose seems to be to blind opposing traffic. Being a Swift I don’t presume he goes off roading, in which case it could be useful at night time. Any ideas on this extra fitment.
That Swift driver must have got miffed by the high-beam morons so much so that the search light was fitted at such a vantage point to retaliate in kind.

Other, less-probable reasons could be that the car sees unlit rough patches or places with animal life (not the 2-legged kind that walks erect or crawls and shouts expletives), or both
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:18   #9415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
That Swift driver must have got miffed by the high-beam morons so much so that the search light was fitted at such a vantage point to retaliate in kind.
If this is the case, then it is bad. One wrong act cannot be undone by committing another one. High beam in the front, high beam in the back - I hope someone does not get any idea to install a rotating one on top of the car with LEDs all over.
AltoLXI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:58   #9416
BHPian

Quote:

Other, less-probable reasons could be that the car sees unlit rough patches or places with animal life (not the 2-legged kind that walks erect or crawls and shouts expletives), or both
That may be the reason, but its still very wrong, as the light was blinding in my rear view mirror , so if someone gets it on his face while driving it could lead to an accident, very wrong intentions, i would say.
Old 28th July 2017, 17:07   #9417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
If this is the case, then it is bad. One wrong act cannot be undone by committing another one
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
That may be the reason, but its still very wrong, as the light was blinding in my rear view mirror , so if someone gets it on his face while driving it could lead to an accident, very wrong intentions, i would say.
Two wrongs doesn't make a right, and you're right. But some people do not get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
High beam in the front, high beam in the back - I hope someone does not get any idea to install a rotating one on top of the car with LEDs all over.
There are people discussing such things, in case you're wondering about them:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...cing-LED-array
Old 28th July 2017, 18:05   #9418
BHPian

I watched a video on Dubai Police where they have fines for drivers who tailgate, consider that here. The MVD would reap a fortune. The report says that due to heavy fines, the traffic violations have come down by 18%. I really wish our cops would follow at least some of it. Of course wishful thinking.
Old 28th July 2017, 19:06   #9419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A thought I often gets !!

There are something called high beam stickers available from Chines online portals for the tailgaters !
Old 29th July 2017, 19:29   #9420
BHPian

Hi folks,

Believe, it was the day for me to spot many cars badly parked(in the same parking lot) as I went to buy my fruits and other stuff for tomorrow's Delhi-NCR T-BHP Monsoon meet to Chail(Himachal Pradesh). I normally keep a sticky pad(costing merely 30 bucks) and a pen in my armrest console to do my bit wherever possible.

1. Noticed this Swift D'zire(apparently army personnel's) parked on the drive way parallel to the parking boxes. As I went close & just put my sticky note on it, the owner came. She was a very educated lady(but not disciplined, as evident). I said "excuse me ma'am! it'd have been good if you'd have noticed that you parked your car on the way" to which she spontaneously responded "oh! I am really sorry" and closed the door. The matter ends.

Notice my sticky note stuck on the driver's window pane which she drove away with without a bother!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-parking-2.jpg

2. Now, because of this D'zire which was incorrectly parked, there was this Elite-i20 whose owner certainly wasn't that elite. Not to confront, I quietly stuck a sticky note on the driver's window pane "Hi! Kindly note where have you parked your car? Thanks!". I hope this guy did take a note of my sticky upon his return.

Also notice that unmindful Baleno on its left not respecting the parking box.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-parking-1.jpg

3. And lastly, this Fortuner guy unfortunately seemed to have done this deliberately. Using the word "unmindful" for him won't do any justice. Anyways, put my sticky note(for I knew its of no use to him, this belonging to a separate breed altogether who can afford big fortune cars but unfortunately not civic sense) and silently walked away before getting noticed and getting into confrontation which would have surely taken an ugly face.

The no solution stuff!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-parking-3.jpg

Cheers // Simmi
Nohonking is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks