Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2017, 12:47   #9391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I am glad there was footpath and median was higher for even buses and trucks to climb else even these would not have been spared.
This wrong side driving usually starts from breaks in the meaidn near Chena bridge when traffic piles up till there. Then it continues thanks to herd mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
The licenses of ALL the drivers of ALL vehicles that drove on the wrong side of the road should be docked if not cancelled. Such behavior not only chokes traffic, it ensures that everyone comes to a standstill!
Absolutely. On a lighter note, I would love to be in a JCB with this traffic in my lane Would be fun to intimidate them!

Yesterday evening it was a nightmare. Traffic had piled up till Ovala/Kasarvadavli on Ghodbunder road, Dahisar toll plaza on northbound NH-8 & the crossing of Diva Vasai railway track in southbound NH-8. Even past midnight the traffic had not cleared.
Old 19th July 2017, 16:20   #9392
BHPian

Heights of impatience!

All this to get into CNG filling queue stretching at least 200 metres. What gives..

This guy, I have no idea whatsoever what he tried to pull. Instant karma of sorts though.

harsh79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 19:41   #9393
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars stopped ahead? Simple: overtake them. Why not?

Or rather, how is it that people don't know why not, because most of them will have suffered from other idiots doing this.
Old 19th July 2017, 19:47   #9394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Cars stopped ahead? Simple: overtake them. Why not?

Or rather, how is it that people don't know why not, because most of them will have suffered from other idiots doing this.
I suppose he is referring to the cab that cut into the opposite lane at the pedestrian crossing and poked his nose only to end up waiting for the rest to pass.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 20:01   #9395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
Heights of impatience!

All this to get into CNG filling queue stretching at least 200 metres. What gives..

This guy, I have no idea whatsoever what he tried to pull. Instant karma of sorts though.
Which dashcam is that?
Old 19th July 2017, 20:06   #9396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
Which dashcam is that?
Street Guardian SG9665GC V2
Old 19th July 2017, 22:34   #9397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
There is not even 0.1% civic sense in our drivers.
Hinjewadi used to turn into this during monsoon. People spilling over the oncoming lane stunting to take the outermost corner of the oncoming road's lane and at the next opening on the median, merge back into the regular lane as though they just crossed the road. I was stuck twice for over 4 hours from Infosys Phase II to Blue Ridge. Some frenzy that makes people think this jam could lead to apocalypse. BAH.
Old 21st July 2017, 13:50   #9398
BHPian

Misjudging the distance in front is one thing, not realizing that one has gone too close to the car in front is another. What does one say when the person leaves the car in this position!

There was close to a foot of space at the rear of the car though. It also appears that the car has taken a beating on the left front door at some time.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-kissing-parkingsmall.jpg  

Old 21st July 2017, 14:38   #9399
BHPian

Quote:
There was close to a foot of space at the rear of the car though. It also appears that the car has taken a beating on the left front door at some time.
Maybe it is the position of the gate behind the alto, but it is not clear from the picture who hit whom. Did the Dzire hit the parked Alto or did the ALto hit the parked Dzire? Unless the gate was closed, i dont see how the Alto could have parked in such a manner.

Last edited by DriverR : 21st July 2017 at 14:39.
Old 21st July 2017, 15:04   #9400
BHPian

Quote:
Misjudging the distance in front is one thing, not realizing that one has gone too close to the car in front is another. What does one say when the person leaves the car in this position!

This seems to be these guys normal parking slot, with the gate closed behind them. Only that today the White Dzire did not park a feet ahead, as he usually does, so the maroon Alto has to squeeze in for the gate to be closed.

Here are a few jokers on the road.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-scooter-kid.png
This is the way we pacify our kids when they cry.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-motorcycle-kid.png
He is too small to sit behind me? No problem! He can stand in front. He is used to traveling on the Activa.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-helmet-backpack.jpg
Helmet ? Ya! I wear it on my back.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bike-cycle-helmet.jpg
Helmet ? Ya, I am wearing one.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-adult-boot-figo.png
We already have 5 adults. No problem, the Figo has 284 litres of boot space.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-adult-boot-duster.png
Duster ? Oh! Even more boot space

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-xylo-middle.jpg
I am lucky today. Everything is coming my way. (Xylo)
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 13:50   #9401
BHPian

This is a Facebook forward. The accident happened somewhere between Salem-Dharamapuri Highway near Poosaripatti. No further information available.
Gokrish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:06   #9402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post

This is a Facebook forward. The accident happened somewhere between Salem-Dharamapuri Highway near Poosaripatti. No further information available.
With that truck running in this manner for whatever reasons, the logical thing should have been to slow down/stop for a short while and let him go ahead to keep a gap between him and one's own vehicle. There are enough tell tale signs in the movement of that truck to stay clear off it. However it looks like the person who shot this video was chasing it. I would not be comfortable at all with such a small gap between my car and a wayward/out of control truck like the one in the video.

Last edited by AkMar : 25th July 2017 at 14:09.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 14:35   #9403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Drunk or half asleep.

What a miss with the petrol tanker. It would have been a different story if it had crashed into it. It didn't jump the divider either, thankfully.

Last edited by bblost : 25th July 2017 at 14:36. Reason: Removed the video from the embedded post.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 15:43   #9404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However it looks like the person who shot this video was chasing it. I would not be comfortable at all with such a small gap between my car and a wayward/out of control truck like the one in the video.
The proof of the pudding was in the eating, and the driver had no difficulty in avoiding the finally-crashed truck. With such a truck driver, the farther away the better, but I don't think we can criticize the video taker.

It is not right to wish ill or injury on another person, but I hope that truck driver never drives again.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 16:02   #9405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Drunk or half asleep.

What a miss with the petrol tanker. It would have been a different story if it had crashed into it. It didn't jump the divider either, thankfully.
My theory is drunk. If the driver was sleepy, he would have woken up when he first hits the median. But that didnt happen and he continue to accelerate.

Quote:
With that truck running in this manner for whatever reasons, the logical thing should have been to slow down/stop for a short while and let him go ahead to keep a gap between him and one's own vehicle. There are enough tell tale signs in the movement of that truck to stay clear off it. However it looks like the person who shot this video was chasing it.
The car and truck are going at 40-60 kmph and car driver kept a good enough space for him to stop safely.

Last edited by arjithin : 25th July 2017 at 16:04.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks