Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2017, 14:54   #9331
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There was a traffic safety slogan in UK, many years ago: Think Bike!

Even though I regularly rant that they should not be that close, this is oh-so-true when it comes to opening a car door.
I think "Dutch Reach" became famous after that...not sure though.
Old 24th June 2017, 12:03   #9332
Senior - BHPian

Came across this suicidal Idiot yesterday.

After he went past me, I saw in my RVM that another car that was overtaking a bus, barely avoided hitting him. It is because of idiots like these that a car DVR has become a necessity now, in case something goes wrong.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 24th June 2017 at 12:05.
skanchan95 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th June 2017, 22:42   #9333
BHPian

A nice peaceful 15km drive spoilt by this guy I encountered near my house. Happened before half an hour.

Exited the Thillai Ganga Nagar subway towards Velachery. Was driving on the right lane on Inner ring road. Reached the Shanti Nagar junction and there was this Golden Honda City(3rd gen) ahead of me. After two vehicles turned in front of us at the junction, this guy did not budge and I gave a little honk. There was a lot of cars passing on the left lane. Now I think ok maybe he's lost and trying to figure out which side to turn, I wait for almost 30 seconds. Still no movement, I manage to move to the left lane since there is a gap now.

Now I was thinking maybe he had some car trouble and pull alongside him to ask if he needs help. He was an elderly gentleman and also had two elderly women in the car. As I wave to him and ask him what happened? He lowers his passenger window and starts abusing me, asking me to get lost. Now I lose my temper wondering what has happened to humanity in this world. I ask him what his problem his and that he was blocking everyone behind him. He cooly said,"Hey! You get lost I am setting my GPS" I was in half a mind to abuse him back but I had my family in my car, he had two elderly women and my dad also got worked up by this guy's reply. Did not want to spoil my mood any further and just drove off.

The middle of the road is where he chose to set his GPS and look at the printouts of the directions he had. How can a person be so self-centered and rude? The amount of rage within me at the moment he started asking me to get lost when I had good intentions was unbelievable. Luckily I controlled myself, which was a difficult thing to do given that the other party had absolutely no common sense or consideration towards fellow humans and motorists on the road.

That stretch of road after that junction is straight and after I had driven another 100meters I look into my IRVM and this guy was still at the same spot and had just started moving.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th June 2017 at 14:08.
Shanksta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 01:03   #9334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
The middle of the road is where he chose to set his GPS and look at the printouts of the directions he had.
When you have something to do, just stop and do it! Phone call, GPS, wondering what turn to take. Just stop.

Quote:
How can a person be so self-centred and rude?
And how can they not think of just pulling over? Getting out of the way of others. It doesn't even take any effort.

This is a very good example of bad driving that you have seen there, and there is a lot of it about. Bad driving does not have to be dangerous: plenty of it is just being a nuisance and inconveniencing others.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 11:08   #9335
BHPian

What is there for me to say here? Doubly parked on a narrow street

The white Swift: Parked on the wrong side of the road with about 3 feet in front of it.

The brown Alto: Has made sure that there is no way that the Swift can remove his car unless the Grey VW is pulled out.

What is not seen is that there are cars that are parked on the other side of the road as well!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20170625_100940.jpg  

Last edited by swissknife : 27th June 2017 at 11:10. Reason: Missed the picture
swissknife is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 11:57   #9336
BHPian

Watch This Video:

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/201...-bpb-vstan.cnn

Not sure who exactly started it, Biker kicks the car & car tries to knock him down & things get early later on. The Poor SUV stands as a collateral damage. (Not from India).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
What is there for me to say here? Doubly parked on a narrow street

Two specimen of Bad drivers, in one photo.

As you mentioned Swift is on the wrong side. ZEN is at double fault, Blocking the lane by double parking. My guess for the reason of ZEN's behavior is that This could be the place where he usually parks, or his house may me around. Anyways, let the Swift Have it, for parking on the wrong side at first place (I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the road in Malad once; hence the judgement). He surely looks angry. ZEN insured that Swift guy cannot even enter from passenger doors, at least. I am not sure about the distance between the wall & the right side of the car. Is it sufficient to open & enter in the car?

It would be interesting to find out, what happened later. Did we see the evolution of Parking rage?
If you are from same locality Any Idea, who returned first to pull the car out SWIFT or ZEN? Would be interesting if the Swift guy came in first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Nitpicking, but it is a Zen, not an Alto!
Corrected (Alto to Zen) Thanks.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 27th June 2017 at 12:12.
Old 27th June 2017, 12:08   #9337
Senior - BHPian

Nitpicking, but it is a Zen, not an Alto!
AkMar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 13:16   #9338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
I am not sure about the distance between the wall & the right side of the car. Is it sufficient to open & enter in the car?

It would be interesting to find out, what happened later. Did we see the evolution of Parking rage?
If you are from same locality Any Idea, who returned first to pull the car out SWIFT or ZEN? Would be interesting if the Swift guy came in first.

Corrected (Alto to Zen) Thanks.
Oh, yes, Zen and not an Alto. I stand corrected.

There was room to enter the Swift from the driver's side. Since we left in the Grey VW it would have given enough room for the Swift to backup and take the car out unless another car was parked where we were parked before the driver of the swift arrived.
Old 27th June 2017, 14:34   #9339
BHPian

This Alto was parked right in the middle of the road on a Saturday evening, this is outside Juke box and if anyone is familiar with Koramangala, you would know the road is a short cut to get into Koramangala from Hosur road and tends to be heavily used!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-car.jpg  

Last edited by KevinP : 27th June 2017 at 14:43. Reason: Corrected model of vehicle
KevinP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 14:39   #9340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
This Zen was parked right in the middle of the road on a Saturday evening,
This seems to suggest that civilization has not evolved enough in these parts so as to facilitate the use of towing of wrongful road manners/ parking etc. And we're boasting about launching 140 satellites simultaneously! Wow.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 18:15   #9341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
This Alto was parked right in the middle of the road on a Saturday evening, this is outside Juke box and if anyone is familiar with Koramangala, you would know the road is a short cut to get into Koramangala from Hosur road and tends to be heavily used!
1. The car probably got stalled because of no petrol or battery issue.

2. Probably (I highly doubt this) because of Eid festivities happening near Maharajas, the road was made one way and parking was allowed. But when it was reverted the car owner was still enjoying the food and had not returned yet. As I said highly doubtful.

P.S : I am not the car owner nor related to him/her in any way.
Old 27th June 2017, 21:37   #9342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
1. The car probably got stalled because of no petrol or battery issue.
I think even I could push an Alto.

I doubt if I could push my Polo; I could barely move my Swify. The world elder is looming on my horizons, even if elderly can be kept at bay for another few years. And people offered help the last time I was stuck in mid road with a dead battery.

I don't think that there is any excuse for leaving a car like that.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 06:59   #9343
Senior - BHPian

Drivers often misjudge other vehicle speeds when they enter highways. I saw this tractor from a distance and could hence adjust speed and brake without much problems.
Old 28th June 2017, 10:54   #9344
BHPian

How to park like a d-bag. Left no space for me to open the door. And he has taken up an entire car parking slot.

I did what I had to do. Moved it to the middle of the road and left it there. Damn it was heavy!

PS: It is a side road. The building security will make a scene for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1498627005783.jpg  

Last edited by GeneralJazz : 28th June 2017 at 11:00.
GeneralJazz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 11:09   #9345
BHPian

Bus overtaking in a blind curve and you are at the receiving end with your space fully occupied by the incoming bus.

I witnessed this first hand and it had literally shook me off.

More info here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4224594
DragonHawk is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks