Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Monsoon is here, why not drive to Malnad?

Just made a quick plan for my pending trip for this monsoon

Route: Bengaluru – Banavasi – Jog Falls – Kodachadri – Khandya – Chikmaglur – Bengaluru : 1010 Kms Approx

Would also do the Muppane & Nagara Fort. Planning to spend quite some time in Kodachadri for both sun set & sun rise. Taking it quite relaxed and have factored in lot of time, need to have best of both worlds --> Leisure & Sight Seeing.
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Sush river part dint reg in my mind, first thing came up is "st.." however good that he could trace that place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Good to hear that I have made your day.
Anyways will try to get some more snaps if possible.

Lohith he was referring to the rock formation in a river so St Mary's island is totally ruled out.
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:13   #48
Senior - BHPian

i believe you are planning to visit these places during the monsoon? in that case you wont even know when sun sets and rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Route: Bengaluru – Banavasi – Jog Falls – Kodachadri – Khandya – Chikmaglur – Bengaluru : 1010 Kms Approx

Would also do the Muppane & Nagara Fort. Planning to spend quite some time in Kodachadri for both sun set & sun rise. Taking it quite relaxed and have factored in lot of time, need to have best of both worlds --> Leisure & Sight Seeing.
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
i believe you are planning to visit these places during the monsoon? in that case you wont even know when sun sets and rises
Yeah but giving it a shot hence planned in for both sun rise & set, Can still afford to spend one more evening hoping to catch up with one
And yes very much in the monsoon, July 2nd to 6th.
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

MK,

Drop Kodachadri from the list as it is not possible during monsoons unless you are trekking. Also you will not be able to see any sun rise sun set due to clouds.

Instead after Jog go to Sigandur via Sagara via launch, then on to Nagara Fort -Tirthahalli - Kundadri - Agumbe - Khandya - Chikkamagalur.

Also keep in mind this will be in heavy monsoon period and give a buffer of a day or two for road blocks etc.

Check this Route

Google Maps

Last edited by Fauji : 22nd June 2011 at 16:45.
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
MK,

Drop Kodachadri from the list as it is not possible during monsoons unless you are trekking.

Instead after Jog go to Sigandur via Sagara via launch, then on to Nagara Fort -Tirthahalli - Agumbe - Khandya - Chikkamagalur.

Check this Route

Google Maps
Fauji,
Planning to do the trek up and spend a night at the guest house for Kodachadri, agree lots of people have turned down the idea of Kodachadri during monsoon. Crowd is all bachelors late 20's and early 30's. Would say it would be quite adventurous but might appear fool hardy for people who have been there and done the stuff.
And yes am planning for another trip to Agumbe exclusive and will probably stay in the house where Malgudi Days was shot, but that has been slated for July last week.
No offense to you however Sir
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fauji,
Planning to do the trek up and spend a night at the guest house for Kodachadri, agree lots of people have turned down the idea of Kodachadri during monsoon. Crowd is all bachelors late 20's and early 30's. Would say it would be quite adventurous but might appear fool hardy for people who have been there and done the stuff.
And yes am planning for another trip to Agumbe exclusive and will probably stay in the house where Malgudi Days was shot, but that has been slated for July last week.
No offense to you however Sir
Not at all. Then it is a good plan. Since you had not mentioned that you guys are going to trek, i suggested to drop Kodachadri. Monsoon trek in Kodachadri must be beautiful. Get some some good pictures If you are trekking Kodachadri, then don't forget to include Hittalamane falls wich will be beautiful during this time.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not at all. Then it is a good plan. Since you had not mentioned that you guys are going to trek, i suggested to drop Kodachadri. Monsoon trek in Kodachadri must be beautiful. Get some some good pictures If you are trekking Kodachadri, then don't forget to include Hittalamane falls wich will be beautiful during this time.
There you go again, you continue to amaze people like me with your knowledge. For sure will cover Hittalamane falls. Would you know any decent place where you can afford to park the car with peace of mind?
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:17   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There you go again, you continue to amaze people like me with your knowledge. For sure will cover Hittalamane falls. Would you know any decent place where you can afford to park the car with peace of mind?
Spoke to my friend who treks in the area regularly. He said that if your car can do first three kilometeres of mud road - take judgement once you reach there based on road condition - then you can park in an ISKON branch which is at foothills. If road is bad, then park in Nittur at foot hills and hire a jeep till trekking start point. You can talk to guys in Pravata home stay in Nittur and they should help. (Sent from my Blackberry)
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can talk to guys in Pravata home stay in Nittur and they should help. (Sent from my Blackberry)
Yes Exactly that's what i had in my mind, book the homestay for one person there and leave the car so that she will be safe and no reason to be bothered. Need to speak with Mr Bhat and check on his consent.
Old 22nd June 2011, 18:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Exactly that's what i had in my mind, book the homestay for one person there and leave the car so that she will be safe and no reason to be bothered. Need to speak with Mr Bhat and check on his consent.
Speak to him. They are good people. My bro stayed with them last year. Excellent food as usual like any malnad home. BTW, don't forget eating Benne Masale Dosey in Town canteen when you pass through Chikkamagalur
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:16   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Edit - Find the pics here
2nd row - 6th n 7th pic
Monis Eagle Eye Holidays, Chikmagalur
Sushrutha,

I just had a peep at this eagleeyeholidays website and am very delighted to get there at the ASAP. The treehouse accomodation is the one that has caught my eye. My next getaway with family will definitely be to this place.
By the way, whats the best time of the year to visit this place? Appreciate if you can let me know about it.
Cheers,

KTP
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you visit the arishinagundi falls as well in koDachadri.
You can visit it while trekking down, but better to go with a guide.

Here are a couple of pics of the falls I took when we went there in december.
Now it will be even better

Monsoon is here, why not drive to Malnad?-img_2898.jpg
Monsoon is here, why not drive to Malnad?-img_2921.jpg
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speak to him. They are good people. My bro stayed with them last year. Excellent food as usual like any malnad home. BTW, don't forget eating Benne Masale Dosey in Town canteen when you pass through Chikkamagalur
Have always been a foodie, Will be heading out to Banavasi by NH-4 so that i can stop for Davangere for the famed benne masala dosa. Not quite sure if you have been to Gururaj benne Dosa kendra situated opposite Old Bus Stand. Also the hotel next to it Basavanna Khanawali, lunch is awesome there. Mondays you get Holgey oota which is really good. Regarding Chikmanglur which town canteen are you referring to?
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:30   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have always been a foodie, Will be heading out to Banavasi by NH-4 so that i can stop for Davangere for the famed benne masala dosa. Not quite sure if you have been to Gururaj benne Dosa kendra situated opposite Old Bus Stand. Also the hotel next to it Basavanna Khanawali, lunch is awesome there. Mondays you get Holgey oota which is really good. Regarding Chikmanglur which town canteen are you referring to?
That's is a good plan.

I have eaten in Kottureshwara opposite BDT college as well as in City. These dosas are to die for any day. Okay, since you are a fooddie and will be in Davanagere, you should taste "Nargis" - Davangere/Harihara variety of "Churmuri" which is spicy and tasty. I dont how how this name got stuck. Possibly the inventer must be a fan of hindi actress nargis.

By any chance, if you get late to reach Davanagere and feel hungry, you eat excellent Benne Masale Dosey in another iconic place in Chitradurga - Laxmi Bhavan. It is closed on Monday.

"Town canteen" is in Chikkamagalur - There is only one in city - and the Benne Masle is heavenly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks