Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th May 2019, 10:11   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Advice on Road trip with 10 month old child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
The season you have chosen is fantastic. My suggestion would be Hills and beaches. ...
Goa and Coorg is what I am thinking. Hyderabad-Coorg-Talacauvery-Mangalore-Gokarna-Goa-Hyderabad.

Temples are personal choice, based on your preference you may explore around Coorg such as Belur, Halebidu, Talacauvery also enroute Goa around Mangalore, Udupi and Gokarna.

If you prefer to further shorten it, instead of Coorg you may pick Chikmagalur + Kudremukh or Shimoga + Jog
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Given your location you have the option of going up north or down south but nothing will meet your criteria of 4-6 hours of drive time. you will have to drive a lot more and maybe even break stop overnight somewhere in order to get to the destination. ...
would suggest you look at the option of flight and then self drive car if you really want to manage your drive time.
Thank you for the views. Not a big fan of Goa, as there are better options available.

Overnight breaks can be considered subject to locations selected.

For flight options, Vitamin M comes into picture, and that is a major constraint, as better half is in charge of Vitamin M.

An add on comment - I am willing to extent the trip by 2-3 days, maximum 1 week total. Would that give me better options??
LegalEagle is offline   Reply With Quote