Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 10:27   #3421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
A dumb question.

How long does it take to receive epass as of September and any idea on the reasons for which the e-pass is issued?
Its instant approval. There are 7-8 reasons listed, however there is an option "Others" as well. So, basically there is no restriction.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 12:46   #3422
BHPian

Just reached Pondy via Tiruvanamalai. I had the pass struct to windshield. Total travel time 5.5 hrs.
No checking at the KA TN border at 6:30 AM. Cops were present directing the traffic thru barricades but no checking or testing.After that it was smooth sailing till Pondy.

The Krishnagiri Chengam stretch is still a mix of good bad and no roads.
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 06:36   #3423
BANNED

Quote:
A dumb question.

How long does it take to receive epass as of September and any idea on the reasons for which the e-pass is issued?
Its instant, select any "reasons".. Doesn't matter
swageo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 06:38   #3424
BANNED

Reached Chennai from Kerala via Walayar. TN checkpost at walayar copied the details from epass to their sheet. No questions asked. Also no checking anywhere else.
swageo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 06:57   #3425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Reached Chennai from Kerala via Walayar. TN checkpost at walayar copied the details from epass to their sheet. No questions asked. Also no checking anywhere else.
So you had to step out of the vehicle to give those details, I'm guessing?
Old 13th September 2020, 08:20   #3426

Just wanted to share my experience.

Sep 1st - E-Pass was relaxed and intertate E-Pass Auto Approval was On. Applied for a pass from BLR to Chennai. Reason opted in Pass : Others. Got Approved the next second of applying.

Sep 2: Started at 8.45AM from BLR. Light traffic till Attibelle. Many people crossing borders by going via Auto. Between Zuzuvadi and Attibelle Checkposts there are a good exchange of people going cross borders as though some village fest was happening. Went past BLR Attibelle post no checks. Entered Zuzuvadi there was a big checkpost but just 1 policeman who was only directing the traffic and no checks.

After that neat drive to Chennai. Couple of Unmanned Checkposts at Krishnagiri, Vellore, Ranipet, Ponnamalle. No one was present anywhere.

Reached chennai by 4PM. Heavy traffic from Kanchipuram to Chennai as it took 2 good hours for 70kms strech.

Return Journey :

Just came yesterday back to BLR. There is no entry pass in BLR so just drove my way out from Chennai to BLR. No checks, People roaming as if there is no Covid. Almost 40-50% traffic of pre Covid days at all Tolls esp Attibelle Toll was jam packed yesterday. Started from Chennai at 8.50Am and reached BLR by 3.50 PM

Both the ways we had 30 mins break at the highway itself for Having Lunch which was cooked at home.

Last edited by ampere : 13th September 2020 at 09:04.
letsgo2016 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 10:41   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgo2016 View Post
Is your car TN registration or KA registration?
Old 13th September 2020, 10:48   #3428

Quote:
Is your car TN registration or KA registration?
It's TN - 06. Chennai Registration
letsgo2016 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 10:59   #3429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Entered Zuzuvadi there was a big checkpost but just 1 policeman who was only directing the traffic and no checks.
When I crossed on 8th September (Bangalore - Chennai), they asked me for E-Pass. People who didn't have the E-Pass were asked to take "U" turn and register for E-Pass.

So, maybe the E-Pass check is random. Better to take one to avoid any inconvenience.

Last edited by arun_josie : 13th September 2020 at 11:03.
Old 14th September 2020, 19:38   #3430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My experience was pretty similar.
I had to make an urgent trip to Madras last friday. So opened TN ePass portal, specified "Others" as reason and instantly got ePass auto-approved for my KA registered car. No need to take hard copy printouts or stick in windshield. Just having it them on mobile is sufficient now.

Left C.V.Raman Nagar at 5 pm friday 11th Sep evening. Expected heavy traffic and it turned out to be true all the way till Madras. All toll booths had big queues in FASTag lanes too.
We took a 45 minutes break in backside parking area of Arcot A2B and finished home packed dinner. Their restrooms seemed to be comparitively safer in covid times. We reached Vadapalani at 11.30 pm.

No questions asked anywhere. No one stopped anywhere. It was all like pre-covid travel except for few barricades when crossing districts.

Return journey started yesterday 13th Sep, from Tambaram at 7 pm and took Vandalur, Walajah, Kanchipuram route to join NH4 and reached Bangalore at 12.30 am with 20 minutes break for dinner with home packed food.
It was drizzling/mild rains all throughout 350 kms consistently.

Other observations.
1) Road widening work is happening in both the directions between Chennasamudram till Sriperumbudur. There are few diversions and dangerous pits in the sides. Its dangerous to drive in the night , particularly in rains. Its little easy to judge the road mainly because of heavy traffic and vehicles going ahead of us. The road is bumpy as usual, but not horrible.
2) Many restaurants were closed and probably out of business due to covid. I saw Sai Sangeet near to Chennasamudram Toll was closed on Sunday night 8.45 pm which was a surprise. It doesn't look like they were closed due to sunday as several restaurants were closed all throughout due to low foot falls.
3) People are paying cash in Dedicated FASTag lanes to avoid a lengthy Cash lane. I wonder why they started doing it now. Since it was raining and getting late, i was in no mood to argue with the booth person.
4) Atleast in 80% of the places, i noticed people are not wearing masks or taking any precautions to avoid virus spread. Even in restaurants, it was business as usual with no social distancing at all. In last 2 days, i felt like as if people have put things behind, moved on and forgot about covid. Truly people started to live with virus Flood gates are opened!

A long drive after 6 months was little different experience on a positive side. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 14th September 2020 at 19:40.
ravib is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 20:22   #3431
Distinguished - BHPian

Applied for TN ePass a while back to travel on 02 Oct. Its an auto approval pass now I guess, got the pass as soon as I clicked after entering the details.

Selected 'Others' options as Ravi & letsgo mentioned above.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 23:04   #3432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Applied for TN ePass a while back to travel on 02 Oct. Its an auto approval pass now I guess, got the pass as soon as I clicked after entering the details.
Its auto approval since last 2-3 weeks
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 09:49   #3433
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone travelled on Chittoor road recently? Is the road construction completed?

Last edited by Turbohead : 1st October 2020 at 09:57.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:14   #3434
BHPian

I'm planning to drive to Chennai either tomorrow or day after tomorrow based on my car service. The radiator fan motor has issues and Maruti is trying to get a replacement. Based on the car situation am planning to apply for e-pass. Not sure to apply for tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Meanwhile am contemplating to take Chittoor route or Krishnagiri route. I prefer Chittoor route since I'm located near Kalyan Nagar. As Turbohead requested did anyone travel recently via Chittoor route, how is the road now?
Old 1st October 2020, 10:39   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Has anyone travelled on Chittoor road recently? Is the road construction completed?
Don’t think it will get completed soon. It has gone into Political blockade. Current government wants to put some allegations on the previous govt in the tendering and compensation process. Until they find something the works may not start.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks