Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2020, 22:54   #3451
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

TN has extended the lockdown till October 31st and they are still insisting for epass. Other than that the epass rules say that we be in home quarantine for 15 days after entering TN.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-ee7afa9babd8491baf0f5aa84ab77727.jpeg  

Last edited by saisree : 11th October 2020 at 22:56.
saisree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 23:03   #3452
BHPian

I completed a day trip to Chennai from Bangalore for work. I had applied for the e-pass online and it was approved instantaneously. I took a couple of printouts with me (did not stick it on the windshield), along with the soft copy of the pass on the phone.

For the onward trip, I left by about 6 and reached by about 11:30. There was no checking for the pass at any point, including the borders, where cops were waving everyone through. There was hardly any traffic and the drive was quite smooth. Most of the restaurants and seemed to have quite a few patrons (more than I expected). I had packed my breakfast and lunch, which I ate on the side of road.

For the return trip, I left by about 3:30 and reached home by 9. It was raining quite heavily around Sriperumbadur and drizzling/raining in patches all the way till Bangalore. The traffic was quite heavy till about Vellore, after which it lessened out (even after Krishnagiri, surprisingly).

Fasttag worked at all the booths, without any issues.
Aiel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 09:29   #3453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
TN has extended the lockdown till October 31st and they are still insisting for epass. Other than that the epass rules say that we be in home quarantine for 15 days after entering TN.
Hi saisree, since your profile indicates that you are from Chittoor, a general off-topic query. Posting publicly here so that your reply may benefit others as well.

Often, in the pre-covid times, I had to travel from Bangalore to - Sholinghur or Puttur or Tiruttani. All via Chittoor town (not bypass). Once I visited Chittoor to attend the famous Gangamma Jathra in the month of May. I couldn't find any decent places for food or bio break.

Can you suggest a decent place? Thanks in advance.
Old 14th October 2020, 09:44   #3454
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Once I visited Chittoor to attend the famous Gangamma Jathra in the month of May. I couldn't find any decent places for food or bio break.

@srvm - don't want to hijack your query , just sharing what I know.

Hotel Bans on the left and the Coffee Day outlet almost opposite it on the right are couple of decent options I know in chittoor. Both are on the Bangalore-chittoor highway itself before you take the left turn to Tirupati bypass or enter the town by going straight or take the right turn towards Ranipet, so these options are at a good location regardless of where you're headed further on.

Another one is about 5km earlier on right side - Hotel Nandi inside a Reliance petrol bunk campus.

Last edited by NPV : 14th October 2020 at 09:45.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 15:11   #3455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just saw this today and wondering if it will affect my return same day trip planned for 18th Oct. I have already got the e-pass to TN, and will return the same day with my in-laws from Chennai. Also I will be crossing the borders before and after the mentioned time of 7am/7pm. Also does AP insist on any pass as I am planning return via Chittor and don't want to get stuck anywhere with aged people in the car for lack of pass's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I completed a day trip to Chennai from Bangalore for work. I had applied for the e-pass online and it was approved instantaneously. I took a couple of printouts with me (did not stick it on the windshield), along with the soft copy of the pass on the phone.
Can you let us know when this trip was as the above notification was posted on 11th Oct.

Last edited by tharian : 14th October 2020 at 15:14.
Old 14th October 2020, 20:02   #3456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I just saw this today and wondering if it will affect my return same day trip planned for 18th Oct. I have already got the e-pass to TN, and will return the same day with my in-laws from Chennai. Also I will be crossing the borders before and after the mentioned time of 7am/7pm. Also does AP insist on any pass as I am planning return via Chittor and don't want to get stuck anywhere with aged people in the car for lack of pass's

AP doesn't insist on e-pass. There's actually NO tollgate while entering the AP. Also, the e-pass site "spandana.ap.gov.in" has been stripped of e-pass links. Have a safe journey back.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 20:03   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Can you let us know when this trip was as the above notification was posted on 11th Oct.
I had travelled on Monday, October 12.

Even though my pass mentioned a post-7AM entry into TN, I entered around 6:30AM and had no issues or checking. I also exited TN around 8:30PM, once again without any issues or checking.

However, both the entry and exit were through Krishnagiri.
Aiel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 20:27   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@srvm - don't want to hijack your query , just sharing what I know.

Hotel Bans on the left and the Coffee Day outlet almost opposite it on the right are couple of decent options I know in chittoor. B.
+1.
Yes, these are good places but are at the outside of the Chittoor town on the Banglore route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Hi saisree, since your profile indicates that you are from Chittoor, a general off-topic query. Posting publicly here so that your reply may benefit others as well.

Often, in the pre-covid times, I had to travel from Bangalore to - Sholinghur or Puttur or Tiruttani. All via Chittoor town (not bypass). Once I visited Chittoor to attend the famous Gangamma Jathra in the month of May. I couldn't find any decent places for food or bio break.

The above two places mentioned by NPV are decent places before entering the Chittoor town.

For hotel with in the town, look for
1. Prabha Inn on the Chennai Highway. 100 mts to the right from the MSR junction,
2. Hotel Sindhu and Hotel Vishnu Bhavan (Not the New Vishnu Bhavan)on the Tirupati road, 200 mts from the Gandhi Circle
3. Hotel Udipi (Famous for Idli's during the breakfast time) and Hotel Saroj Krishna on the Puttur Road. 1/2 Km after descending the Railway over bridge

PS:- MSR Junction - the junction where the Chennai, Vellore from the South, Kuppam, Banglore from the west and the Tirupati, Kadapa, Puttur, highways from the north meet
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 11:05   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Hotel Bans on the left and the Coffee Day outlet almost opposite it on the right are couple of decent options I know in chittoor. Both are on the Bangalore-chittoor highway itself before you take the left turn to Tirupati bypass or enter the town by going straight or take the right turn towards Ranipet, so these options are at a good location regardless of where you're headed further on.
Quote:
+1.
Yes, these are good places but are at the outside of the Chittoor town on the Banglore route.
Is Bans a new restaurant? I couldn't see it in Google Maps! Is it open for dine in now?

Might take this route on Saturday and looking for a breakfast stop around this location.
Old 15th October 2020, 12:05   #3460
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post
Is Bans a new restaurant? I couldn't see it in Google Maps! Is it open for dine in now?
It was called "Bans The Hotel" and I've seen it for many years, quite a big place at the corner of the Tirupati bypass. However, I don't see it on Google maps now, so not sure. Please look at the other options like Prabhaa Inn etc that @saisree has mentioned in the post above.

Last edited by NPV : 15th October 2020 at 12:08.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 08:19   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin@y View Post

Might take this route on Saturday and looking for a breakfast stop around this location.
Yes it’s open. Map
Old 16th October 2020, 10:27   #3462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if the McD at Shoolagiri or A2B at Chinnar or Sainsangeet at Vaniyambadi or Mangalam, Aishwarya at Krishnagiri are open or only take away is permitted?
Old 16th October 2020, 12:01   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Any idea if the McD at Shoolagiri or A2B at Chinnar or Sainsangeet at Vaniyambadi or Mangalam, Aishwarya at Krishnagiri are open or only take away is permitted?
I hear they are open but crowded. If you can pack your own food or better still find the smaller restaurants or those koozhu kanji carts near Ranipet that’s a better option.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2020, 13:12   #3464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
No idea on the restaurants on the Bangalore highway. Murugan Idly just after the Chenna Samudram toll is operating. They are a bit crowded, not as the pre COVID levels but surely manageable. Restrooms were clean.
Old 16th October 2020, 14:08   #3465
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just travelled from Bangalore to Chennai. The Saisangeet and A2B are open. Reasonably crowded. I just had coffee from outside at A2B. Not sure about the takeaway.
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks