Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 19th November 2019, 17:09   #646
BHPian

Default Re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
Need recommendation for a place to stay (4Nights 5days) in Goa suitable for family.
Which part of Goa are you planning to stay for 4 nights? North or South? What kind of stay are you looking for? (asking since you are travelling with 2 kids) Also, what is your budget for stay? It will be easier to recommend properties with this information.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 18:44. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 19th November 2019, 19:33   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
Which part of Goa are you planning to stay for 4 nights? North or South? What kind of stay are you looking for? (asking since you are travelling with 2 kids) Also, what is your budget for stay? It will be easier to recommend properties with this information.
North or south won't matter much, proximity to a clean and less crowded beach will be more important. With 2 small kids, we are surely not part of party circle.
We are more into food than beverage. So recommendation about authentic local cuisine is also welcome.

Small kids essentially means we will need big enough rooms, I would not risk putting them in a different room.
4k per night or there about is our budget.
Old 20th November 2019, 09:05   #648
BHPian

CarJunki,

You can try out Nazri Resort near Baga Beach (ask for pool facing rooms if you need bigger rooms). But the beach is on the crowded side.
But being in North Goa, there is no way to beat the crowds. You could try Nanu resort at Arambol as well. Both these properties are not on the beach but a 10/5 mins walk away but they may be in your budget.

Try Ritz Classic Goan Thali and Pan Aroma (both at Ozari) if you wanna sample some Goan Cuisine.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 18:43. Reason: Spacing.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 15:49   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
North or south won't matter much, proximity to a clean and less crowded beach will be more important. With 2 small kids, we are surely not part of party circle.
We are more into food than beverage. So recommendation about authentic local cuisine is also welcome.
Below are my recommendations. My top recommendation is at the top of each list. The rest is non hierarchical. I am not suggesting anything in Baga or Calangute as those beaches/ areas offer nothing that you seek in this trip. Also, South Goa boasts the most pristine yet quiet beaches but the stay options comprises mostly of 5 stars or beach huts. There are very few good mid range resorts in South Goa hence my recommendations are very limited there.

North Goa:
Hacienda De Goa (Anjuna)
Nanu Resorts (Arambol) Extreme North Goa
I Love Bell Bottoms (Anjuna)
The Ivy (Anjuna)
The Belmonte Suites (Bardez)
Santana Beach Resort (Candolim)
Sonesta Inn (Candolim)
Ziva Suites (Siolim)

South Goa:
Nanu Beach Resort and Spa (Betalbatim)
Martin's Comfort (Betalbatim)
A's Holiday Beach Resort (Betalbatim)

Authentic Goan Restaurants:
Martin's Corner (South Goa)
Zeebop by the Sea (South Goa)
Mum's Kitchen, Viva Panjim, Ritz Classic, Kokni Kanteen (Panjim)
Starlight (North Goa)

Last edited by aah78 : 21st November 2019 at 18:43. Reason: Quote fixed.
T.S. is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 16:32   #650
BHPian

Any good 3 BHK contact in north Goa for a 10 member family from 17th Jan-19th Jan(2 days)
Old 24th December 2019, 23:02   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
Any good 3 BHK contact in north Goa for a 10 member family from 17th Jan-19th Jan(2 days)
I suggest you lookup your requirement on Airbnb. There are quite a few good ones in North Goa. I have stayed in Veera Strandpark service apartments (between Calangute and Candolim) but those are all 2 bhk's. They are neat and clean with a swimming pool, gym and breakfast; + daily housekeeping and replenishment just like any other good hotel. You can check for two 2bhk's there if that suits you.
T.S. is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed
Mustang crashes into truck driver - shows no remorse
The 10 worst Indian cars of the last decade
Polo GTI falls off a flyover captured on video
WFH? Show us your home office
Miscreants assault me & my car - justice prevails
Don't be naive, all of this happens before your PDI