Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:16   #541
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Planning for Goa, where to stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Quoting your posts from the "Bangalore - Goa route queries" thread to ask where did you stay in South Goa/Benaulim respectively?
Stayed at Rama Resorts, Agonda Beach, South Goa. The place is nice and we got a decent off-season deal for Rs.3.5K inclusive of breakfast.
The place is located right in front of the beach. Rates will be going northwards as the season is currently picking up.

Also stayed at Greenpeace Holiday homes, Candolim, North Goa - thanks to @mpksuhas for suggesting this place.
This is a no-frills, nothing fancy, basic, decent place. It is a 3 floor apartment complex with 4 flats on each floor. Each flat has a living room, bathroom, kitchen and bed room with AC. Located just off the main Candolim-Aguada road and right next to ITC Fortune hotel. Price was Rs.1.8K per day (note:checkout time is 10am).
*There is a basic swimming pool too, but we did not use it (did not find time to use it!).

Last edited by NPV : 23rd October 2017 at 14:18.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 14:19   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
we stayed at Beleza by the beach last month.

What happened there?
Carina is highly overpriced. I paid 4K for a room that looked like a lodge room. Room had just enough space for a queen size bed. It had 2 plastic chairs as furniture. Staff is either rude or untrained. There was no water in the tap for almost 45 mins when we woke up in the morning. Break fast spread is limited. Only Vada, Vermicelli upma and Omlette. Tea/Coffee were horrible.

I have also stayed in Beleze in 2013. Liked that place then. Don't know how it is now. Carina cannot even be compared to that.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 15:56   #543
BHPian

Looking for a villa with 10-15 rooms for a family get together. Age ranges from 70 to 5 yrs.
Any leads for a good venue will be highly appreciated.
Old 23rd October 2017, 16:23   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Looking for a villa with 10-15 rooms for a family get together. Age ranges from 70 to 5 yrs.
Any leads for a good venue will be highly appreciated.
Try casa legend have stayed there about 2 years ago super property , each villa is 4 bhk with A/c in all rooms and hall , full fledged kitchen , washing machine etc . close to baga beach . This is attached to Hilton apartment property and maintenance is Top notch . You can check out at http://www.casalegendgoa.com
Old 1st November 2017, 11:12   #545
Senior - BHPian

Stayed at Chalston resort last week, and can recommend it as an option in North Goa. Well maintained property right on the beach, good food & service and reasonable rates (not cheap, but not exorbitant either).

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 11:25   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Got an excellent deal at Radisson Calangute, however stay wasn't all that great and I would rate it a 7/10 (for the price a 9/10).
I found the rooms to be very dull (esp after sunset), and cleanliness wasn't up to the mark.

Previously stayed at Ibis Styles which was decent for the price again - but small and dull rooms, a lot of family crowd, but location was a little inside.

This Chalston resort posted above looks decent - don't mind giving it a shot at my next visit.

Last edited by lamborghini : 1st November 2017 at 11:26.
Old 1st November 2017, 14:18   #547
Senior - BHPian

For a slightly quieter location at Candolim, Santana is still a good place to stay, with excellent access to a cleaner and quieter Sinquerim beach, about half a kilometre north of Aguada.
Old 9th February 2018, 12:03   #548
BHPian

Hello All,

I am travelling to Goa on March 8th along with my parents. However, confused because of the plethora of hotel options available. I have narrowed them down to following two. If anybody can suggest me which one to go for, it will be really helpful.

1. The Baga Beach Resort, Baga - 35000/- for three nights on triple occupancy basis with breakfast included.

2. Marquis Beach Resort, Candolim - 32,640/- for three nights on triple occupancy basis (Family room with two king size beds) with breakfast included.

I just want my parents to have a nice time there as its their first visit and I have never stayed at any resort during my earlier visits to Goa. If someone has already stayed in these resorts, your views will definitely be very helpful. Thanks!
Old 9th February 2018, 12:12   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
Hello All,

I am travelling to Goa on March 8th along with my parents. However, confused because of the plethora of hotel options available. I have narrowed them down to following two. If anybody can suggest me which one to go for, it will be really helpful.
At risk of confusing you further, Santana Beach resort is one of the top rated resorts around Candolim.

Also, Candolim is less crowded than Baga. I have not stayed in Santana yet, have just seen the resort by taking a walk through. A friend of mine who stayed had good reviews about the place.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 12:54   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just want my parents to have a nice time there as its their first visit and I have never stayed at any resort during my earlier visits to Goa.
If you don't mind the extra 2 hours drive, I'd strongly suggest you consider quieter and much larger properties in South Goa for almost the same price point. The beaches in South Goa are beautiful and a lot cleaner too.
Almost all the 5 stars in South Goa have direct beach access, larger rooms, larger pools, and a whole bunch of other recreational activities.

Hotel options: Holiday Inn, Caravela (used to be Ramada till a couple of years back) and Radisson Blu should all fall into your price bracket. Leela, Park Hyatt and Taj Exotica are the top 3 options in South Goa but from a value perspective the first 3 I've mentioned should be just as good. Considering you're going in March don't forget to carry your sunscreen!

If you must stay at Candolim, lookup Novotel Shrem, Novotel Resort and Lemon Tree. Taj Holiday Village has direct beach access but it is more expensive unless you find a good promotional deal through a travel portal or something like that.

Last edited by manson : 9th February 2018 at 12:59.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 21:22   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I am travelling to Goa on March 8th along with my parents. However, confused because of the plethora of hotel options available
1. The Baga Beach Resort, Baga - 35000/- for three nights on triple occupancy basis with breakfast included.

2. Marquis Beach Resort, Candolim - 32,640/- for three nights on triple occupancy basis (Family room with two king size beds) with breakfast included.

I just want my parents to have a nice time there as its their first visit and I have never stayed at any resort during my earlier visits to Goa.
Well, I wrote quiet a lengthy reply on these 2 resorts and my internet gave away. So I will just summarize it.

I live in Goa and I have not stayed at any of the above 2 resorts. Now that you have finalized between these 2 resorts, I don't want to stray and suggest you a third or a fourth resort elsewhere in Goa.

1. Baga resort at Baga is 5 star rated at the heart of Baga just behind the Titos lane and bang on the beach. it is 2 minutes walk to the beach and is a very trafficky place. Lots of people on the beach, noise, music, vibrant. The road to Baga is being repaired from Calangute and is not in the best shape yet. So if you are looking for a vibrant atmosphere, lots of crowd, too many on the beach, festive and euphoric mood, then Baga is the place to be. This s more for Hip and happening young dudes and dudettes

2. Marquis resort at Candolim on the other hand is 3 star rated and is in slightly upmarket Candolim area. the resort is on the beach just like the Baga resort. The beach here is comparatively sparsely populated, people are just a tad bid classier, roads are vacant and better, If you are looking for an upmarket feel locality, peaceful and calm around, tranquil ( relatively) place where you can just snuggle on a beach bed and drink your beer, then this is the place to be. This place is for the mature adult who prefer calmness to crowd and noise.

As you mentioned that you are taking your parents, in my personal opinion the Marquis would be more ideal as they would be able to enjoy it at their own pace and relax a lot.

Both places offer excellent room, room service, amenities ( Baga resort is 5 star while Marquis is 3 star, so a few amenities could be missing) and overall both are very good resorts with good rating, But Marquis resort is slightly exclusive while Baga resort is slightly extravagant.

I would take my parents to Marquis instead of Baga resort. You make your considered choice now that you got a fair idea of these places.
ashkamath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 21:42   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
If you don't mind the extra 2 hours drive, I'd strongly suggest you consider quieter and much larger properties in South Goa for almost the same price point. The beaches in South Goa are beautiful and a lot cleaner too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
At risk of confusing you further, [.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Well, I wrote quiet a lengthy reply on these 2 resorts and my internet gave away. So I will just summarize it.
Thanks all for your views. I have booked the Marquis beach resort considering all the factors. Plus my parents wanted to stay at a place nearby a beach and as per my personal experience too, Candolim seems better than Baga. I did not consider South Goa since I also wanted them to have a taste of Goa and not just the tranquility and peace. We are going there to celebrate their 30th marriage anniversary and I would also have liked some peace which makes Marquis a better choice.

Thanks all for your inputs. Will post a short review of the resort after my stay there since it will help others too.

Cheers!
tp_dominator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 04:33   #553
BHPian

Can you guys suggest a hotel/home within the range of 3k around Anjuna.

I will be travelling with family this weekend.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 15:00   #554
BHPian

Me and my colleagues plan for a Goan tour in April. Will reach Thivim station at 5am. Hope to catch a bus to Calangute. Looking for budget accomodation with clean rooms and preferably with pool near to Calangute beach. Can someone please recommend any property.
Old 9th March 2018, 17:56   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Can you guys suggest a hotel/home within the range of 3k around Anjuna.

I will be travelling with family this weekend.
You can try Ginger tree Boutique resort. I did stay here for a period of 3 days during last September and it was worth every penny.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks