Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2023, 18:46   #496
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

Is the NICE road towards electronic city closed ?Gmaps is showing to take a detour in nice road while coming from mysore towards ECity.
Old 7th May 2023, 20:44   #497
Senior - BHPian

It is a known thing that our PM is creating traffic chaos wherever he is traveling for the election campaign, my BIL too reached his home near E-City in 3 hours by taking the NICE Road. Another two days, no respite from these politicians.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 22:58   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
Is the NICE road towards electronic city closed ?Gmaps is showing to take a detour in nice road while coming from mysore towards ECity.
Gmaps is not correct, NICE road is open for traffic.
Old 8th May 2023, 08:47   #499
BHPian

Took the expressway for this first time on 5th May (from BLR to Mysuru). Traffic was ok in the morning though less disciplined. Exits are marked to various towns and the distance to the next exit is also mentioned.

Came back from Mysuru on Sunday (7th May). Realized that we had to fill petrol just after crossing Manipal hospital junction (formerly Columbia Asia Junction). Had to exit expressway and enter Srirangapatna town to fill petrol (the old highway is so much more peaceful now!!). Got back again on the expressway and the usual Sunday evening Bangalore-bound morons were in full numbers in all lanes. Very undisciplined and rash overtaking maneuvers (same craziness as few years ago in the old highway). Speed limit is 100kmph and I was doing 85-90 kmph, since that is what the high traffic density permitted. But some folks in their fast cars just cant be patient. They have to go ahead/ obsession to overtake. oh! and the horrible repeated flashing of white LEDs, just causing headache .

Overall, this is a big improvement in infrastructure over the old highway but morons still make your journey stressful.

Last edited by srvm : 8th May 2023 at 08:48.
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 09:16   #500
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

With all this big noise and tom tom-ing about the big expressway and all, is there anyone out here who has recently used the old highway all the way from Bangalore to Mysore?

It must be quite peaceful and pleasant like it was in the 1990’s.

Or am I living in a ‘fool’s paradise’?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 09:38   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
is there anyone out here who has recently used the old highway all the way from Bangalore to Mysore?

It must be quite peaceful and pleasant like it was in the 1990’s.
There is no 'old highway' as such, apart from the newly constructed byepass sections - Bidadi / Ramanagar + Chennapattana, Mandya, Srirangapatana; the entire remaining section is mostly the same road as earlier albeit widened. So one cannot fully take the old road as such.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 09:44   #502
BHPian

Old Highway is peaceful, i used the stretch near Maddur. The problem is that there are quite a lot of deviations and road blocks and google maps is not updated and its very difficult to understand and navigate in the old route. (gmaps problem exists for new route also). i believe it will take time to settle in think.
The bigger problem i faced while on the old highway was, for a decent section of the road, it goes under the expressway flyover and the maps as usual was not able to identify if i'm on the highway or the road below and that is leading to lot of confusion when depending on the gmaps. That too i ended up doing this in the evening and was very confusing.

Overall i really love the express way, if all the people follow lane rules it might be a very good driving experience. (i somehow feel this would never happen).
Old 9th May 2023, 10:51   #503

Came across this video posted on YouTube. Very dangerous driving in my honest opinion. The driver probably thinks he's driving on the Autobahn. The speed limit is set at 100 for a reason. Anything above 120 is reckless. Don't get me wrong but I've seen multiple such instances where people especially those traveling to Kerala have total disregard for safety of others on the road. I don't understand it. Is the driver's iq so low he doesn't know what the constant beeps in the car mean?
toyotafanboi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 15:48   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotafanboi View Post
Came across this video posted on YouTube. Very dangerous driving in my honest opinion. The driver probably thinks he's driving on the Autobahn. The speed limit is set at 100 for a reason. Anything above 120 is reckless. Don't get me wrong but I've seen multiple such instances where people especially those traveling to Kerala have total disregard for safety of others on the road. I don't understand it. Is the driver's iq so low he doesn't know what the constant beeps in the car mean?
https://Youtu.be/uOVwPbtH9Dc
Looks like he had one aim and one aim only, that is to reach Mysore in less than an hour. It's these kind of drivers one needs to be worried about. It's one thing to drive fast, it's totally another thing to drive like an idiot. This Virtus (?) driver is in the second category. The way he overtakes from all lanes and honks at other cars doing fairly legal speed limits only show his sense of entitlement and lack of sensibility.
Old 9th May 2023, 17:34   #505
Senior - BHPian

Note to the mods: Please move these posts to the relevant thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Is the driver's iq so low he doesn't know what the constant beeps in the car mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
It's one thing to drive fast, it's totally another thing to drive like an idiot. This Virtus (?) driver is in the second category. .
I just glanced through the video since it's very long and apart from the higher speeds couldn't relate to these comments. Can you share all the violations that have been done?

TBH, this is a refreshingly calm drive when compared to the clan of Faisal Khan and co.
Turbohead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 17:35   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this video posted on YouTube. Very dangerous driving in my honest opinion. The driver probably thinks he's driving on the Autobahn. The speed limit is set at 100 for a reason. Anything above 120 is reckless.
Is there no law enforcement camera in the expressway? As his vehicle number is visible in other videos in the YouTube channel, can someone please forward this over speed video to any competent authority?
ontheroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 17:51   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
TBH, this is a refreshingly calm drive when compared to the clan of Faisal Khan and co.
The problem is most Indian drivers don't seem to understand the concept of MAINTAINING a speed on the highway. They think it's a video game and accelerate / decelerate abruptly which is a major cause for accidents on our highways. I'm not just talking about truck drivers and such; even the so called techies are oblivious to this. They take pride in telling their friends it only took them so much time to reach their destination. In the past six months alone there have been around 80 fatalities on this road.
https://www.thehansindia.com/karnata...-months-787002
toyotafanboi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 18:02   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post

I just glanced through the video since it's very long and apart from the higher speeds couldn't relate to these comments. Can you share all the violations that have been done?

Already mentioned in my post. Driver overtakes at illegal speeds from all lanes, and honks at the vehicles doing sane speeds as a sense of entitlement without lifting his foot off. It seemed he was on a mission and his laboured breathing at times is a giveaway that he's also stressed. Not calm. His actions were no better than the others who speed on highways just to get likes. In my hard opinion, these things are enough to calll it dangerous driving. For sure I agree it is relatively better than Faisal Khan.
Old 9th May 2023, 19:28   #509

Another problem is tailgating. This is even more important when doing triple digit speeds. A safe distance should be maintained from the vehicle in front.

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-safedrivingdistanceinfobyte.jpg

See this video to know what I mean

Last edited by toyotafanboi : 9th May 2023 at 19:42.
toyotafanboi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 19:46   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't get me wrong but I've seen multiple such instances where people especially those traveling to Kerala have total disregard for safety of others on the road.
Not sure on what basis you figured out that it is that group of people. Look at the recent fatal accident reports of this road. All of those involved people traveling to just Bangalore to Mysore or vice Versa, Cabs, or Tempo travelers or two wheelers. The ones heading out on the long drive to Kerala usually drive safely as they have a long way to go and wouldn't want to burn out all the fuel and energy here.

Not to justify this particular video, but it is quite easy to attain a speed of 130 on this road. Again, no way justifying the video, but it isn't that crazy or scary to be called out.
balenoed_ is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks