Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 14:00   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

This is where ADAS enabled cars will score in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
One thing which I noted was that, drives on this route seems to be inducing sleep. At times got a feeling of drowsiness, so had to ask my wife to drive for some time. Later she also said the same thing. That going at good steady speed, and no much steering wheel control to be done; yet to remain alert - it seems to cause drowsiness.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 14:09   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
First accident after the inaguration of expressway, it was near Maddur. There was no loss of lives!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/publict...re-expressway/
I will not be surprised to see more of these. I drove back to Bangalore yesterday post 9PM. The way some of them were driving were ridiculous. There were two wheelers in the middle and fast lane. Very slow moving trucks on the fast lane. Some wannabe F1 drivers all over the three lanes at high speeds.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 15:27   #363
Senior - BHPian

NHAI should come up with some regulation to handle commercial vehicles, these are the guys who will otherwise block left and right lanes of the expressway. Of course, night driving will be more risky knowing well how the private interstate buses are driven.
Old 13th March 2023, 16:16   #364
Senior - BHPian

Folks, where is the exact starting point of the new highway? Is it running parallel to old one? I couldn't tell the difference in gmaps.
Old 13th March 2023, 20:44   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, where is the exact starting point of the new highway?
At Mysore Road around 500mts South of the NICE Road, a fly over takes off from the ground level. That is the start of the Express Highway. The fly over itself is around 5kms, I guess. The old Mysore highway goes below the fly over - with all the usual junctions, signals, local traffic etc.

On Mysore end the Express starts right after the Columbia Asia junction, and it is on the same alignment as the old highway.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 09:07   #366
Senior - BHPian

There were protests against toll collection early morning, police has been deployed at Sheshagirihalli toll gate as reported in the regional news. With an estimated annual collection of ₹ 2000 crores, 10 years contract seems to be on the higher side.
Old 14th March 2023, 09:11   #367
Senior - BHPian

Toll collection started as of this morning. One way Rs.135/-
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 09:32   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I will not be surprised to see more of these. I drove back to Bangalore yesterday post 9PM. The way some of them were driving were ridiculous. There were two wheelers in the middle and fast lane. Very slow moving trucks on the fast lane. Some wannabe F1 drivers all over the three lanes at high speeds.
So the madness in this highway continues as before, even after conversion to 'expressway'

I used to loathe travelling on this highway (regularly during 2016-2019), particularly during weekends. Was thinking that the situation may improve once it becomes access controlled expressway. Looks like it may just have become worse
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 10:06   #369
BHPian

Here you go:

https://www.deccanherald.com/state/t...d-1199352.html

This was exactly what I was alluding to earlier. Maybe I couldnt put it in correct words. The article makes up for it.
bsdbsd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 10:46   #370
BHPian

Quote:
There were protests against toll collection early morning, police has been deployed at Sheshagirihalli toll gate as reported in the regional news. With an estimated annual collection of ₹ 2000 crores, 10 years contract seems to be on the higher side.
If that is the collection per year, its good to institute companies and go for IPO to build roads The returns seem good with dividend payouts.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 11:54   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
If that is the collection per year, its good to institute companies and go for IPO to build roads The returns seem good with dividend payouts.
Source of information, shared below
https://www.google.com/amp/s/india.p...nds/amp/314430
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 08:37   #372

As the small section's of service roads to be used by non toll paying vehicles is still under completion there is merging of traffic near the toll booth at kanmanike and hejjalla (when you go from bangalore to mysore); its kind of irritant for expressway users(suddenlythey encounter service road vehicles entering express way), based on pace of work may take another 2 weeks for this to be streamlined
Old 15th March 2023, 09:02   #373
Senior - BHPian

Using the old stretch & service roads, is it possible to travel all the way from Bangalore to Mysore without paying the toll?
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 09:16   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Using the old stretch & service roads, is it possible to travel all the way from Bangalore to Mysore without paying the toll?
I had shared the route via Huliyurdurga to Mandya, Srirangapatna and Mysuru on an another thread, but this is useful only to people living in north, north west and western part of Bangalore.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...mysore-83.html (Driving between Bangalore and Mysore)

The previous state government had widened and relaid the old roads around Mandya and Mysore, but it has not been maintained since 2019.

Last edited by deehunk : 15th March 2023 at 09:36.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 12:50   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had shared the route via Huliyurdurga to Mandya, Srirangapatna and Mysuru on an another thread, but this is useful only to people living in north, north west and western part of Bangalore.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...mysore-83.html (Driving between Bangalore and Mysore)

The previous state government had widened and relaid the old roads around Mandya and Mysore, but it has not been maintained since 2019.
I meant not using newly constructed bypasses, ie going inside Kengeri, Bidadi & other towns. It is possible to do this route without paying the toll?

I had tried the old route after the expressway was opened & before the toll started. It was quite a peaceful drive with less traffic.

Might need to travel this weekend. I will check this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks