Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2023, 21:10   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I hope Gadkari doesnt see this post but isnt Rs135 too less for cars based on what they charge on NHs?...Assuming of course this is for the entire NICE road to Columbia Asia stretch.
The devil dear sir, is in the details.

This fee is applicable for only one stretch of toll road, starting from the Bengaluru side and extending for just 56km: At nearly two rupees fifty paise per kilometre, it is not at all less.

Charges for the second part of the expressway aren't notified yet. The ₹2.50/km will perhaps be followed there too.
dailydriver is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 22:44   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The devil dear sir, is in the details.
The ₹2.50/km will perhaps be followed there too.
The remaining is ~60Kms. So then another ~150 Rs. That is, a total of ~280/- for the whole stretch.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 07:29   #318
UMe
BHPian

As per news report and notification from NHAI. Toll collection had been deferred until 14 Mar 23, due to incomplete service roads, which is suppose to be toll-free.
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/98283760.cms
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-screenshot_20230228_072040_chrome.jpg  

UMe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 08:47   #319
BHPian

A query to folks who have travelled on the Bangalore-Mysore stretch recently.
Is it possible to travel to Chennapatna from Bangalore along the old highway? Or is the expressway my only choice? (I don't know if a legal exit from expressway to Chennapatna exists).
Or do I have to travel all along the service roads of the expressway?
Old 28th February 2023, 09:21   #320
BHPian

At 60-70 minutes from Nice road Mysore road exit to Manipal Junction Mysore, this is a game changer for sure. Some questions ( not entirely on the expressway but for people taking the expressway and then travel beyond Mysore )

1. Is this now the best route to Subramanya/Puttur/Mangalore from Bangalore - both in terms of road quality and time taken? Google maps shows similar time via Sampaje and Shiradi to Uppinangadi ( and I'm sure that most of us do better than what Google map says in terms of timings ). How is the state of road from Madikeri - Sullia - Puttur - Maani ?

2. What are the breakfast options for people crossing Mysore, without getting stuck on detours and Mysore city traffic ( now that most restaurants on the Mysore expressway are gone ? )

a. For people going towards Hunsur?
b. For people going towards Ooty?
Old 28th February 2023, 09:26   #321
Senior - BHPian

Drove this morning Mysore to Bangalore.. No tolls till now
Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-img20230228wa0001.jpg
goandude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 09:33   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
1. Is this now the best route to Subramanya/Puttur/Mangalore from Bangalore - both in terms of road quality and time taken? Google maps shows similar time via Sampaje and Shiradi to Uppinangadi ( and I'm sure that most of us do better than what Google map says in terms of timings ). How is the state of road from Madikeri - Sullia - Puttur - Maani ?
Partly answered by PrideRed here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5502464 (My BMW 320Ld Ownership Review)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 10:26   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
After the several trips I have done, my view is that, in a normal scenario (keeping aside special cases of long weekend, special circumstances etc), it will be a 1 hour 15 min commute from the entry at NICE to the Columbia Asia/Manipal Signal at Mysore.
That's pretty accurate I would say, 75 minutes is a good benchmark without having to buzz too hard, having done 2-3 round trips in the last 1-2 months.

On the decision to not allow two-wheelers, while I might sound like an exclusivist there, it is necessary to keep anything that is an impediment to safety away from the expressway, especially at that speed. Currently a lot of two-wheelers take all kinds of positions on the expressway : shoulder, first lane, second lane and the fastest lane (without helmets) and not to mention the wild overtakes. I would also go to the extent of suggesting to ban four-wheelers that flout rules and speed norms on the expressway ( idealistic! ). I saw 2 incidents of car rear-ending over a single roundtrip, people do seem to get carried away. And, I still see a lot of slow moving cars taking up the fast lanes without a care in world, loaded to the boot (or overhead carrier if I should say), 6 people inside and blocking vehicles behind.

Presume the speed guns are on their way too?

Also any reason why it's not a concrete expressway (a la Yamuna expressway ) ? Anything to do with the tire burst incidents that were reported on the Yamuna E/W?

Last edited by airguitar : 28th February 2023 at 10:29.
Old 28th February 2023, 10:31   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Is it possible to travel to Chennapatna from Bangalore along the old highway? Or is the expressway my only choice? (I don't know if a legal exit from expressway to Chennapatna exists).
Or do I have to travel all along the service roads of the expressway?
This is not a typical expressway as such, I would say it can be termed something between an expressway and a good highway. So there is exits available at multiple locations to the service roads, however these exits are not always well marked or designed, so you will have to be in lookout for the same.

Also, the entire highway is not a new alignment / greenfield one. So there is no new / old highway as such, however the section you talking about has a new byepass covering towns of both Ramnagar & Chennapatna. Based on the destination in Chennapatna, you can decide to exit the new byepass past Ramnagar.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 11:16   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Is it possible to travel to Chennapatna from Bangalore along the old highway? Or is the expressway my only choice?
There are legal exits for all the towns along the way and there are a few illegal ones as well.

Depending on which part of Channapattana you want to go to, you can either exit before Channapattana or after (Shivalli hotel exit).
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 13:48   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Massive plans to alleviate the Mysore end at least. Hope the rotaries are well-designed and policed as well to prevent wrong way idiots.

https://mysuruinfrahub.com/at-grade-...ffic-woes/amp/
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-manipaljunction2.jpg  

Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread-manipaljunction1.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd March 2023 at 13:50.
itwasntme is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:28   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post

Presume the speed guns are on their way too?

Also any reason why it's not a concrete expressway (a la Yamuna expressway ) ? Anything to do with the tire burst incidents that were reported on the Yamuna E/W?
Abroad I have seen concrete used in places where the temperature is very high. For cooler climates they use tar.

Also, they may have wanted to complete this faster since it was not a complete greenfield project.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 19:54   #328
Senior - BHPian

Drove till Srirangapatna today morning staring at 5.30am from Bangalore South. 220 kms round trip took 2.5hrs.

Onwards it was very less traffic but with trucks hogging right most lane. Saw a 3 car pile up, with all parked to the left. Saw a truck - pickup collision / issue, with both parked on right most lane.

Multiple spots where people are parking on left lane to go to shops on the service road; fences conveniently cut / broken for access. Not sure how the authorities will sort this issue out.

Unlike, say the NiCE road which is a intra City road, this inter City road with no proper access to fuel stations, or rest areas, seems a sure way to make people to always hunt for unauthorised exits and entry for either of these needs.
Old 5th March 2023, 23:39   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Drove till Srirangapatna today morning staring
Experienced the highway for the first time today as we drove from Mysore to Bangalore , had taken a non AC bus whilst going from Bangalore to Mysore which took all the deviations to get into the towns that dot this route. I was not driving as yet to get acclimatized but sitting in the front passenger seat, I thought that there was too much of a glare in some of the sections. Also, people who miss to take a diversion for food has stated using the shoulder for a quick park and cross over using a cut in the barricade and this I think would be one of the biggest challenges for this express way. Hope they do something about it. Also, 2 wheelers driving this route should be very wary of the speeds of the cars and it’s IMO downright dangerous to be on 2 wheeler especially during dusk/night.
Old 6th March 2023, 14:56   #330
Senior - BHPian

Went to Mysore and back this weekend. There are two section where there is diversion for the Flyover being built, and looks like it might take months to complete these two flyovers. Don't know why this uncompleted road was even inaugurated. So looks like toll wont be in place this is completed, toll might start after elections ?

While coming back on Sunday evening, there was 10 mins jam on each of these spots.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks