Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 09:00   #451
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Mysore Expressway Thread

I am planning to visit Madikeri day after tomorrow. Last time I travelled was last year when the expressway was not complete and it was very confusing.
Now that the EW is complete, I understand one needs to plan the rest halts in advance since one has to exit much before to service roads

I dont see a single thread which has all the decent eating places so can anyone give pointers to regular Kamats, Adiga, AdyarBhavan etc with clean rest rooms and which have convenient access
Old 23rd April 2023, 10:11   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_misra View Post
I dont see a single thread which has all the decent eating places so can anyone give pointers to regular Kamats, Adiga, AdyarBhavan etc with clean rest rooms and which have convenient access
All those three are now out of bounds from expressway. You can go, but you have to take a little longer detour: exit the highway, go inside towards old highway and come back on to the expressway.

Shivalli at Channapattana is a decent option. They have branches on both directions.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:04   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Given that it takes an avg of 2 hrs from the entry point of the Expressway to the exit of the Expressway , it is not worth the time and effort to take these in-between detours and exits.

Instead plan your travel such that finish your food break in Bangalore itself or exit Mysore and have your food break.
After you exit NICE Rd , just before you enter the Expressway at Bangalore there are one or two restaurants on your left.

Last edited by Fillmore : 23rd April 2023 at 12:07.
Fillmore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 12:38   #454
BHPian

My usual pit/breakfast stop has been the Ginger Hotel that has a decent breakfast buffet choice clean loos and is conveniently located if one goes through the city (much faster than taking the ring road)

New place called Ruchi opposite the Mysore airport looks promising.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 13:12   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
All those three are now out of bounds from expressway. You can go, but you have to take a little longer detour: exit the highway, go inside towards old highway and come back on to the expressway.

Shivalli at Channapattana is a decent option. They have branches on both directions.
Kamat has an outlet in the same building as Empire in Channapatna right?
Old 23rd April 2023, 19:23   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Not sure.

For me, Kamat is Kamat Lokaruchi. Crowded and overpriced though.
Old 24th April 2023, 10:38   #457
BHPian

With the current scenario where it takes less than 90 mins to reach Mysore, the best breakfast option is Kadamba at the exit of NICE road or restaurants in Mysore after exiting the expressway.
thirugata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 11:52   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Correct. Kamat Hosaruchi. Right before Srivalli, Indradhanush and KFC.
Fairly new outlet and relatively less crowded.
Old 24th April 2023, 13:42   #459
Senior - BHPian

Made another trip this Saturday on the Mysore-Bangalore Express way. Time taken was around 1 hour 20 mins, as it was in the evening. So did not want to take chances with vehicles with no tail lights, wrong way idiots etc.

What I noticed is that; even the two fly overs between Mandya and Mysore are now OPEN for traffic. No detours needed now and it is drive all along the highway. Which also helped me & family a new rule. Bio-breaks & food breaks have to be made before or after the express highway.
Old 24th April 2023, 21:06   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont see a single thread which has all the decent eating places..
Here is a quick list of some of the popular restaurants on this road:

Towards Mysore (on the left side)

1. Kadamba Veg (At the start of EW - After NICE Rd Jn)
https://goo.gl/maps/STZ7wU3xvWe1izVL7

2. Malgudi Vattika (Bidadi)
https://goo.gl/maps/SVQmHuUjzhC27gKF6

3. New Kadamba (Channapatana)
https://goo.gl/maps/p1V89fpaJSM7mZfY6

4. Shivalli Restaurant 2 (Channapatana)
https://goo.gl/maps/aEoaLLvQ75N5uvmeA

5. Vaishali (Channapatana)
https://goo.gl/maps/MTjnb9M9wKMbhd816

6. Hotel Amaravati (Mandya)
https://goo.gl/maps/nmUYdsGbG9Qry8K1A

7. Swad (Mysore - Manipal Hospital Jn)
https://goo.gl/maps/Lfq8TpUTbQdVjkC98

Towards Bangalore (on the left side)

1. Poojari Fish Land (Before Srirangapatana)
https://goo.gl/maps/NAUE8ta6CSDw8UNG7

2. Hallimane (Before Srirangapatana)
https://goo.gl/maps/u44Kk8MtMdjMWHgg9

3. Empire, Kamat Hosaruchi (Channapatana)
https://goo.gl/maps/R5RSxJFQ4iXoCZUr5

4. Shivalli Restaurant 1, Indhradhanush, Cafe Cofee Day
https://goo.gl/maps/DYfijE7h27off7Sy5

Last edited by balenoed_ : 24th April 2023 at 21:09.
balenoed_ is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 13:15   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
All said and done the expressway is truly a blessing compared to the earlier road. Left C V Raman Nagar at 5:30 this morning and it took me an hour to reach the NICE junction. Post that it took 55 mins to reach Columbia Asia doing a steady 100-110.

My driving style is to minimise accelerating and braking so plan my overtakes well in advance, stick to the middle lane, keep looking in the RVM to let those who want to go faster pass without hindrance even if it means slowing down.

This morning's drive was truly the most stress free I have had in a long time.
It feels good to hear all the stress free stories out there. If you switch to the old Blr-mys thread you can very well see how people got stressed out during the weekend returns.
Old 26th April 2023, 15:27   #462
Senior - BHPian

Are two wheelers not allowed on the expressway? I read on another travelogue regarding this and wanted to confirm before I do the trip next week.
Old 26th April 2023, 16:17   #463
TRR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Are two wheelers not allowed on the expressway? I read on another travelogue regarding this and wanted to confirm before I do the trip next week.
I travelled on the expressway by car on 24 April and there were 2-wheelers still using the expressway. The 2-wheelers weren't even being stopped at the toll gates as far as I could see.

There is fresh news that they will go ahead with the 2-wheeler ban on this expressway, but they haven't really mentioned from when this would be enforced. I guess they're holding out till the elections to enforce this rule.
TRR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 17:32   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Though they say that it is access controlled but there are many exits and entry points throughout the expressway and you can see 2-wheelers & 3 wheelers also on this high speed pathway. Everything said and done, this road is a bliss to drive on now.
Did a mysore trip on sunday and the onward drive was 3 hrs 15 mins, out of which 25 mins was waiting the traffic to be cleared at the columbia asia junction. But the drive back on tuesday afternoon was 2 hrs 10 min from the resort in industrial estate till my home in sarjapur rd that was 168 kms one way. I was able to maintain a speed of 110 throughput the expressway. Looks like now the drive to Ooty and coorg will be fun n less time consuming.
Old 27th April 2023, 22:34   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
...Kamat Hosaruchi. Right before Srivalli, Indradhanush and KFC.
Shivalli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRR View Post
he 2-wheelers weren't even being stopped at the toll gates as far as I could see.

There is fresh news that they will go ahead with the 2-wheeler ban on this expressway, but they haven't really mentioned from when this would be enforced.
How do you reckon they go from BLR to Bidadi, Ramanagara, etc since there is no service road yet?

At first I was pissed to learn 2 wheelers would be banned; but once I saw how they ride with fast cars passing next to them, I would gladly give up riding for their safety. Even some cars have no clue how to stay in their lanes while taking curves - definitely too dangerous for others.

---

I just rode end to end today (enjoying it while it lasts). There are a lot of openings in the fencing probably for pedestrians to cross; I'm not sure how else they're supposed to get to the other side of the road.

Then there are those who missed an exit to one of the towns who would either reverse all the way or just turn around and drive the wrong way with headlights on, often upto 0.5-1.0 km! Even saw an Airavatha on the other side driving against the traffic flow.

Fill your tummy and your vehicles before getting on the EW and you'll have a stress free drive all the way. Only a couple of fuel stations are easily accessible each way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks