Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 11:37   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Coimbatore round trip - Update

I don't think there could be any GC issues in this stretch. Only issue could be dust and local buses.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:55   #302
BHPian

All,

I need to attend a marriage at CBE. I have to reach CBE at 8am, so what time I should start from Bangalore? I can start as early as 3am.

I hope returning the same day is not much of travel. I love (live) to drive, but not a spirited driver..!!

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 18th April 2011, 14:25   #303
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rajesh,

The distance will be around 360 KMs from Silk Board. I think it is better to start the previous day. I have done this in 5 hours (driving time) but I have not been able to achieve it always (depends on traffic). Also, with the four laning work in the Avinashi section, it becomes even more unpredictable.

Regards,

Pramod
Old 18th April 2011, 14:40   #304
BHPian

Thanks Pramod for the quick reply. Though it will be little difficult, I will try to make it on the previous day itself.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 18th April 2011, 14:41   #305
Senior - BHPian

I drove to CBE last Thursday and came back on Saturday. Last stretch is really horrible due to road 4 laning work and other stupid drivers. While coming back I took Sathy route (Gandhipuram-Annur-Avinashi) to join NH47. I started from BLR @ 3PM and reached Gandhipuram @8.30 PM, last stretch took almost 1.5 hours due to traffic and road work.

Last edited by Latheesh : 18th April 2011 at 14:43.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:14   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I don't think there could be any GC issues in this stretch. Only issue could be dust and local buses.
I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I drove to CBE last Thursday and came back on Saturday. Last stretch is really horrible due to road 4 laning work and other stupid drivers. While coming back I took Sathy route (Gandhipuram-Annur-Avinashi) to join NH47. I started from BLR @ 3PM and reached Gandhipuram @8.30 PM, last stretch took almost 1.5 hours due to traffic and road work.
Latheesh, Could you please tell me how many KM of bad stretch on NH-47 and how long it took? Does the bad stretch start from Avinashi, or before/after that? I will be going beyond Coimbatore, I hope there is a road widening work on Palakkad road! Thanks.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:57   #307
Senior - BHPian

^^

Road widening starts around 15KM (approx) before Avinashi. It took me almost 1.5 hours to cover last 50KM (due to road work+traffic).
Old 18th April 2011, 17:03   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^

Road widening starts around 15KM (approx) before Avinashi. It took me almost 1.5 hours to cover last 50KM (due to road work+traffic).
Thanks for your prompt reply. If I have go to Coimbatore airport, would another route be a better option instead of Avinashi/NH-47?
Old 19th April 2011, 09:59   #309
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Please let me know good pit stops, hotels and restaurants between Bangalore to Perundurai. I am travelling to Munnar this weekend from Hyderabad and I would be hitting Bangalore around 11 PM. Your response would be of great help.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
Old 20th April 2011, 00:07   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Thanks for your prompt reply. If I have go to Coimbatore airport, would another route be a better option instead of Avinashi/NH-47?
Unfortunately no,you would have to go via Avinashi.Early mornings are no problem with Avinashi as most of the traffic is daily daytime local traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnraghu78 View Post
Hi Folks,

Please let me know good pit stops, hotels and restaurants between Bangalore to Perundurai. I am travelling to Munnar this weekend from Hyderabad and I would be hitting Bangalore around 11 PM. Your response would be of great help.

Thanks,
Raghu Lakshman
If you intend on driving on from blore at 11pm,I dont think any of the Kamats or A2Bs are going to be open post 12pm.Almost all of them close at 12pm.At Perundurai,there is a Hotel Chennis,which is good.

HOTEL CHENNIS, PERUNDURAI HOTEL, NEAR ERODE, OPP TO SIPCOT
Old 20th April 2011, 10:00   #311
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit. Are there any ghar dhaba kind of pitstops where we can park the car and take some rest. As you rightly mentioned, I want to hit Perundurai early morning and take some rest before proceed to Munnar. I would try that hotel.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:06   #312
Senior - BHPian

Mc Donalds outlet before Krishnagiri is open 24 hrs. I did not find any other good Dhaba/restaurant where felt like stopping.

I saw one restaurant (on the right when you travel from Bangalore) somewhere in between Salem-CBE which looked big and good.
Old 20th April 2011, 15:00   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw one restaurant (on the right when you travel from Bangalore) somewhere in between Salem-CBE which looked big and good.
I think its name is "Aaryas". I have been there 2-3 months back and the parking area is huge and nicely kept.
Old 20th April 2011, 15:41   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
I think its name is "Aaryas". I have been there 2-3 months back and the parking area is huge and nicely kept.
Aryas is decent. Then there is Annalakshmi on the Perundurai by-pass very close to Aryas. Decent food (meals type)and fast service. Ample Parking.
Old 20th April 2011, 16:04   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Aryas is decent. Then there is Annalakshmi on the Perundurai by-pass very close to Aryas. Decent food (meals type)and fast service. Ample Parking.

I have been to Annalakshmi twice. Decent food, service, parking and toilets. It's around 275 - 280 Kms from Silk Board.

Most Viewed