Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2020, 21:29   #12511
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
I am planning to drive to Kochi from Bangalore this week. Possibly stay for a week. Planning to carry our own food for the trip to avoid hotels on the way. Wondering how much extra time I should account for the checking at Valayar.
So far there isn't any long queue. My friends are part of the volunteers who are screening the passengers. Just be honest and co-operate with them.
All Roads to Kerala-img20200319wa0058.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img20200319wa0055.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-img20200318wa0047.jpg

Last edited by K_Drive : 19th March 2020 at 21:33.
K_Drive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 12:24   #12512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Good people, I'm planning to travel to Calicut this Saturday and plan to return back on Sunday itself. I heard this evening that there might be a restriction of vehicles from Kerala into Karnataka. Anyone have more info on the same? The route is going to be the usual Bangalore -> Mysore -> Nanjangud -> Gundlupet -> Wayanad -> Calicut.

Thanks in advance.
Have seen reports of checking/screening at Kerala side (but not restriction to enter though). But haven't seen any reports of the same being done at Karnataka or TN side. I am not sure if it is practical to just blindly put restriction from entry of vehicles from KL to KA.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 13:13   #12513
ike
BHPian

[QUOTE4773152 I am not sure if it is practical to just blindly put restriction from entry of vehicles from KL to KA.[/quote]

Kerala produces almost nothing and everything from rice/wheat to meat and veggies/fruits have to be brought in from other states. A restriction will cause chaos in the state.

Last edited by ike : 20th March 2020 at 13:43.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 13:14   #12514
BHPian

Heard there are restrictions imposed at Walayar border. Is it true and if yes to what extent, please. My daughter is supposed to travel from Bangalore by bus.
Old 20th March 2020, 14:40   #12515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Heard there are restrictions imposed at Walayar border. Is it true and if yes to what extent, please. My daughter is supposed to travel from Bangalore by bus.
ANI has tweeted it - so should be genuine. Only emergency cases will be allowed as per NHAI office (I called them up). If anyone knows anything about Mysore-Wayanad border, please update.

Name:  Kerala_border.png
Views: 783
Size:  15.9 KB
vinodvayyat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 15:06   #12516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I drove to Bangalore two days ago via Valayar. I wasn't stopped at Valayar but on entering TN , there was a medical team stationed along with police. They asked basic questions like your origin and destination of journey and advised on the do's and dont's during the journey and the need to use sanitizer etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
ANI has tweeted it - so should be genuine. Only emergency cases will be allowed as per NHAI office (I called them up). If anyone knows anything about Mysore-Wayanad border, please update.
KSRTC buses, both Kerala and Karnataka , are stopping service at their respective borders. Vehicles from kerala are not allowed to enter Coorg side. At the kerala border near Muthanga (Mysore - Wayanad ), a medical team is checking people crossing the border and their temperatures are being recorded and are being advised home quarantine if required.

Quote:
More news just coming in. Kerala vehicles are not allowed to enter TN and are being sent back. People who wants to continue their journey can do so in TN vehicles.People who are residents of coimbatore are allowed to cross the border.Those who want to cross the border need to undergo medical tests and to travel in TN govt arranged vehicles.The team is stationed at Chavady.

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st March 2020 at 11:32. Reason: Typo corrected
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 15:59   #12517
BANNED

UNVERIFIED.

"#Coimbatore District Collector K. Rajamani announces closure of all nine check posts in the #Kerala inter-State border from Friday (March 20) evening. No vehicle movements between Coimbatore district and Kerala to be allowed from tonight."
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 16:28   #12518
ike
BHPian

Looks like it is correct, Kerala vehicles are no longer welcome in TN. Wondering if I can drive down to Kerala from Chennai as planned tomorrow. Mine is a Kerala registered car. I'm also wondering what happens to all the folks driving from Bangalore in their KA vehicles.
If this continues, there will might be a shortage for essential goods in Kerala since Kerala is heavily dependent on incoming trucks for supplies.

https://www.manoramanews.com/news/br...n-covid19.html

Last edited by ike : 20th March 2020 at 16:30.
Old 20th March 2020, 16:41   #12519
Senior - BHPian

There is no clarity on whether vehicles will be allowed across border from tomorrow, officials are refusing to comment on this topic. I have dropped my travel plans from Bangalore to Kochi
Old 21st March 2020, 09:16   #12520
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine crossed Hosur just now.

He was stopped soon after entering TN. He says huge jam , however was allowed to pass after temperature check. He was in left lane. His brother was travelling in another car, was in right lane, was asked to turn back along with other cars.

However, he took U turn and again joined the queue and got through.
Old 21st March 2020, 10:15   #12521
Senior - BHPian

Update on a drive from Bangalore yesterday:

Omalur toll plaza wants to spray disinfectant on the exterior of all vehicles. Their theory is that it will keep the virus at bay forgetting the heat of the Tamilnadu sun will do that job far better. Information that the car was washed the day before got it an exemption.

Blockade of cars at the entrypoint to Tamilnadu from Walayar. Barrier across the road. Looks like Tamilnadu has taken umbrage at Kerala's checking of cars from Tamilnadu and wants to pay back in the same coin.

Kerala entry checkpoint is almost to the level of voluntary. Not much of an insistence to check your vehicle unlike Tamilnadu.

Last edited by AMG Power : 21st March 2020 at 10:35.
Old 21st March 2020, 14:11   #12522
BHPian

Any update on the route from Karnataka to Kerala via Hosur->Selam->Coimbatore->Palakkad Route today ? Is it ok to travel or the border is closed ?

Last edited by Salnv : 21st March 2020 at 14:12. Reason: Typo
Old 21st March 2020, 15:54   #12523
Team-BHP Support

BHPian ike travelled from Chennai to Thrissur. He adds:

Quote:
There were a few volunteers at the Kerala side after crossing the border who gave some do's and don'ts and, asked if the travelers had been to any airports or railway stations. But no thermal scanning of the travelers.

However, no vehicles of KL registration permitted to enter TN from Kerala. There were long queues at the TN side and the vehicles are being checked thoroughly. Some were refused entry.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2020, 17:16   #12524
BHPian

I have a KL registration Innova and me and wife need to get to Kottayam from Bangalore. Our plan was to travel on 25th. We’re are shifting to kerala, so our vehicle will have some household items.

Which route to take, if anybody has info please let me know? Thanks!
Old 21st March 2020, 17:30   #12525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I have a KL registration Innova and me and wife need to get to Kottayam from Bangalore. Our plan was to travel on 25th. We’re are shifting to kerala, so our vehicle will have some household items.

Which route to take, if anybody has info please let me know? Thanks!
As of now, I dont think anyone can give you an exact itinerary for 25th because things can change by then. My guess would be, as TN wont allow vehicles from KL and KA, the best bet for you is to enter KL in the shortest route, which would be Bangalore-Mysore-Waynad hoping KL wont shut their borders. You can take Calicut-Cochin-Kottayam from there. Yes, its longer, but as I came through till Calicut, roads are mostly deserted with very less vehicles on road.
I expect even less people on road from now. But still, this question could be best answered on 24th March as we dont know what the situation would be.
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks