Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2007, 16:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Not a big deal Suman since the roads are excellant. In June '06 enroute to Mumbai I did the Gurgaon-Udaipur sector via Jaipur bypass with a stopover in Ajmer at the Dargah Sharif and then through Kishangarh, Beawar etc in about 11 hrs in my TCIC '98 Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Infested with them ......do look us up when you are passing through

You sure? Almost 700 kms in 7 hours or even 8.5 is bloody QUICK I must say - weren't using NOS all the way were you (just kidding)!
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2007, 16:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I'm not in Delhi as of now Abhi, very much in B'lore. Will be going to Delhi in november purely for a holiday. Care to join??
I would have cared boss but I cannot you know why? Make it in Jan., full car trip from bangalore

Abhi
Old 10th October 2007, 17:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How about a dwarka dinner then ? Who all can make it ?
Now we are talking!!
Old 10th October 2007, 17:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

@ Eddy,Hvkumar, Bunnypunia, Suman thanks a ton guys.
ramkya good link that one,very informative, thanks.

Will be in delhi for 2 whole days just loafing around on 23 and 24 nov, would love to meet up any of you guys for dinner on any one of these days.

Will actually land in Delhi on 14th and take off for Corbett on the 15th, udaipur and Jaipur will happen once we (wife & me) return on 17th.

But what about good eating places and good places to stay in Udaipur/Jaipur and along the way?
Old 11th October 2007, 11:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Stay In Udaipur / Jaipur

Hai Luke,

Nov has the highest rates in the year in Jaipur/ Udaipur. Last month I did a trip from Ahmedabad to Udaipur for a survey and feasibility report for a 400 ppl 3 day function in Udaipur. Had to drop the project due to high costs, neither Jaipur, Agra or Delhi were fitting the budger. We have finalized Dubai as it worked out to be cheaper and more impactful!!!!

Still suggestion would be Padmini Palace, Udaipur, Days Inn would be another near the Gardens, there are many other.

Jaipur would be very expensive, please book in advance and go, otherwise November can be trickly. Let me know if you want phone numbers of hotels, addresses etc., I'll mail them.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky

s
Quote:
@ Eddy,Hvkumar, Bunnypunia, Suman thanks a ton guys.
ramkya good link that one,very informative, thanks.

Will be in delhi for 2 whole days just loafing around on 23 and 24 nov, would love to meet up any of you guys for dinner on any one of these days.

Will actually land in Delhi on 14th and take off for Corbett on the 15th, udaipur and Jaipur will happen once we (wife & me) return on 17th.

But what about good eating places and good places to stay in Udaipur/Jaipur and along the way?
Old 11th October 2007, 11:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
24th is a Saturday, sounds good.
GD, Khaadu, Anshuman, Tanveer (you in India in Nov?), Gunbir, LBM, Faithless, Aza, Revvedup, Hellspawn, Horsepower, Autophile, Mukul, Ishan and the rest of the NCR gang - we have a guest in town in November; how about a "MEAT-MEET" guys .

Lukeskywalker, don't worry, in a worse case scenario, we'll have a "mini" meet with the Gurgaon gang in attendance (since Dwarka is not all that far away)

Last edited by suman : 11th October 2007 at 11:59.
Old 11th October 2007, 16:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanks Suman, you don't have to consider me a guest. This is one big family and I'd love to meet as many of us as possible.
Mini or Mega, I'm game.
Old 15th October 2007, 12:57   #23
BHPian

I have planned a Rajasthan trip in 2nd week of December. I would be traveling with my mom and wife in my Swift petrol.

Planned places:
Ghaziabad - Jaipur (Night) - Ajmer/Pushkar - Udaipur (2 Night) - Mt. Abu. (Night) - Jodhpur - (2 Nights) - Jaipur (Night) - Ghaziabad.
* Night = Night Stays in Hotels

I would be driving only during daytime with the exception when i leave home, just to avoid the Delhi-Gurgaon traffic snarls.

Some colleagues are saying Chittaur-Ranakpur has some good places to see. Please suggest alternate/better routes and good food/loo stops on the away and do's and dont's on these routes.
Old 15th October 2007, 13:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I have planned a Rajasthan trip in 2nd week of December. I would be traveling with my mom and wife in my Swift petrol.
OT:
Hey Hyper, I think we met in the Nandi hill Tbhp meet in April. How come your swift reached Delhi (I think you did a rubber change in bangalore too sometime back)? Have you left bangalore or driving down from bangalore to delhi and then to these places?

Your location says Airport Launges , I am confused...
Abhi
Old 15th October 2007, 13:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Chittaurgarh and Ranakpur are in different areas - the first is on the NH76/NH79 Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Kishnagarh-Jaipur route, whereas Ranakpur can best be accessed when you drive between Jodhpur and Mt Abu.

While going from Jaipur to Udaipur, you can drop in on Nathdwara Temple which is 55 kms short of Udaipur.

Ideally, you could do the routing slightly differently:

Jaipur-Ajmer/Pushkar-Jodhpur-Mt Abu-Nathdwara-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Jaipur

If you had the extra time, I would prefer to go to Jaisalmer, which is a 4 hour drive from Jodhpur (285 kms).

Another idea would be to detour from Jaipur to Ranthambhor, but then you will have to return to Jaipur to comtinue with the rest of your drive.

Rajasthan roads are very swift, and you can apply a benchmark of 1.5 hours to drive every 100 kms if you are a fats driver.
Old 15th October 2007, 15:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
OT:
Hey Hyper, I think we met in the Nandi hill Tbhp meet in April. How come your swift reached Delhi (I think you did a rubber change in bangalore too sometime back)? Have you left bangalore or driving down from bangalore to delhi and then to these places?

Your location says Airport Launges , I am confused...
Abhi
Hi Abhi, you are correct, we did meet during the nandi hill drive in Bangalore. I also did a rubber job, but shifted to Delhi (Noida) following a job change.
Old 15th October 2007, 15:08   #27
BHPian

@hvkumar, ideally i also would love to go to Jaisalmer. I LOVE the sands. But then you are suggesting the anticlockwise route. Correct?
Old 15th October 2007, 15:21   #28

The road is excellent and can easily be done in a day....specially the road from Jaipur to Ajmer is superb....

As of hotels RTDC are the best budget hotels in Rajasthan. In Jaipur you can try Hotel Arya Niwas (Jaipur Hotel Arya Niwas, Jaipur, India offers economy quality budget Hotel, Lodging, Boarding and Travel Options (Jaipur Hotel and Service Apartment Travel)). This is an excellent budget heritage hotel (a found it even better than some bigger hotels in Jaipur). You can get an excellent room in 1000 bucks...but book in advance...as it is always remain occupied by the foreigners.

Cheers

Have a fun trip
Old 15th October 2007, 15:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Seems pretty good though still a good 40 days away. Remind/buzz me a few days before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
24th is a Saturday, sounds good.
GD, Khaadu, Anshuman, Tanveer (you in India in Nov?), Gunbir, LBM, Faithless, Aza, Revvedup, Hellspawn, Horsepower, Autophile, Mukul, Ishan and the rest of the NCR gang - we have a guest in town in November; how about a "MEAT-MEET" guys .

Lukeskywalker, don't worry, in a worse case scenario, we'll have a "mini" meet with the Gurgaon gang in attendance (since Dwarka is not all that far away)
Old 15th October 2007, 17:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
@hvkumar, ideally i also would love to go to Jaisalmer. I LOVE the sands. But then you are suggesting the anticlockwise route. Correct?
yes, that would ensure that you don't retrace the route and see everything sequentially. If you chose to drop into Jaisalmer, you will have to return teh saem way back to Jodhpur to continue your journey to South Rajasthan.

Delhi-Jaipur-Ajmer/Pushkar-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Mt Abu-Nathdwara-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Jaipur-Delhi.

If you are more ambitious, you can go Ajmer/Pushkar-Bikaner-Pokhran-Jaisalmer-Pokhran-Jodhpur, to complete the entire Rajsthan round.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks