Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2015, 12:42   #151
BHPian

re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Hey Guys,
I am planning trip to Jaipur from Ahmedabad in next week.

Ahmedabad to Udaipur is very much clear. Post Udaipur confusion starts. Which one to choose for Udaipur to Jaipur?

1. Via Nathdwara-Beawar
2. Via Chittorgarh - Bhilwara
Take the Nathdwra route. Road widening work was going on in some stretches till Beawar few months ago but nothing to worry or slow you down. Past Beawar, its excellent road till Jaipur
Old 8th July 2015, 16:42   #152
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I am planning a Delhi-Mount. Abu - Udaipur trip this monsoon.

Please help me in deciding the route for following stretches & the approximate travelling time for that route:
  1. Jaipur-Mount. Abu: Which route should I take among the following:
    • Jaipur-Ajmer-Beawer-Sojat-Pali-Sirohi-Mount. Abu (NH 8 & NH14)
    • Jaipur-Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Mt. Abu (NH 79 & NH 76)
    • Jaipur-Ajmer-Beawer-Nathdwara-Udaipur-Mt. Abu (NH 8 throughout)

2. Mount Abu - Udaipur: How is the road condition and approximate travelling time?

3. Udaipur-Jaipur: Which route should I take between the following:
    • Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Jaipur
    • Udaipur-Nathdwara-Beawer-Jaipur

Anything else that I need to take care on the route? Any specific timing/cities to avoid?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th July 2015, 09:11   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Guys,

I am planning a Delhi-Mount. Abu - Udaipur trip this monsoon.

[*]Jaipur-Ajmer-Beawer-Sojat-Pali-Sirohi-Mount. Abu (NH 8 & NH14)
I have done the highlighted route twice in last 3 months. Earlier Beawer used to be a bottleneck but ever since the flyover became operational (last one month or so), the only choke point on this route has been done away with.

Despite being 4-laned highway, NH14 has a distinct advantage of sparse traffic - heavy or otherwise - resulting in a reduced driving/riding fatigue. It took me about 9 hours on each occasion to reach Abu Road from Gurgaon on my bike.

BTW, there is a remarkable improvement in lane discipline of trucks the moment you cross Jaipur.

Can't comment on other route queries you have because I haven't covered that route.
AlokSriva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 09:30   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Despite being 4-laned highway, NH14 has a distinct advantage of sparse traffic - heavy or otherwise - resulting in a reduced driving/riding fatigue. It took me about 9 hours on each occasion to reach Abu Road from Gurgaon on my bike.
Thanks Alok, the information was really helpful.
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:47   #155
BHPian

Recently went to Udaipur and back.

Onward:
Gurgaon-Jaipur-Kishangarh-Nasirabad-Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaipur

650 odd kms. Jaipur to Kishangarh on Ajmer xway had road work going on in a 15 odd km section. Highway quality is good till Kishangarh and OK from Kishangarh onwards. Traffic becomes less and less as you near Udaipur. Total time taken 10 hours and 30 minutes.

Return:
Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Nasirabad-Kishangarh-Jaipur-Bharatpur-Mathura-Noida

We left Udaipur late at nearly 1:30 so we got to Jaipur at 7:15. Not wanting to return via NH8 because of the bad traffic situation on this strecth during late evening/night, we changed tracks. On the return leg highway quality is average till Kishangarh (there are many patches/bumps on the road). Jaipur to Bharatpur is good. Bharatpur to Mathura is bad (just 2 lanes on the highway, no divider and lots of speed bumps with bad road). Mathura to Noida is via Yamuna xway so excellent. Total distance - 750 odd kms. Time taken 10 hours.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 17:20   #156
BHPian

Planning a road trip from Pune to Chandigarh on 19th November. Have done Pune-Thane-Godhra-Modasa-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Ajmer last year. Will take the same route upto Ajmer.
As per various suggestions on this and other threads, will take this route further upto Chandigarh:
Ajmer-Jaipur-Rewari-Rohtak-Panipat-Chandigarh.

I have two concerns:
1. Last year the approach road to Chittorgarh had work going on and the traffic was horrible. The cement trucks made 5pm feel like 8pm and we were clad in cement by the time we reached the hotel. Has the situation changed now?
2. With the Chirwa tunnel now open, is Udaipur-Nathdwara-Rajsamand-Bhilwara now a better option to bypass Chittorgarh or to reduce travel time?

Any suggestions regarding road work/ bad roads to avoid in the whole route are highly appreciated.
Old 11th November 2015, 15:42   #157
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
I have done the highlighted route twice in last 3 months. Earlier Beawer used to be a bottleneck but ever since the flyover became operational (last one month or so), the only choke point on this route has been done away with.........
AlokSriva, a bunch of us will be doing Pune-Chandigarh on the 19th of November. Our route is Pune-Thane-Godhra-Shamlaji-Modasa-Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Ajmer-Jaipur-Rewari-Panipat-Chandigarh.

I have done the route upto Chittorgarh last year and Chittorgarh approach was in a mess at that time.

With the Chirwa tunnel now operational, I am wondering which of these two routes will be better:
1. Udaipur-Nathdwara-Rajsamand-Bhilwara-Ajmer
or
2. Udaipur-Nimbahera-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Ajmer.

Note: We are riding on bikes. Need smooth roads as much as possible.

Last edited by raghuvir : 11th November 2015 at 15:44. Reason: Additional information added.
Old 16th November 2015, 09:59   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuvir View Post

With the Chirwa tunnel now operational, I am wondering which of these two routes will be better:
1. Udaipur-Nathdwara-Rajsamand-Bhilwara-Ajmer
or
2. Udaipur-Nimbahera-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Ajmer.

Note: We are riding on bikes. Need smooth roads as much as possible.
Hi,

You may consider Udaipur-Chittorgarh- Bhilwara- Kishangarh-Jaipur as it's better than route through Nathdwara, which is nothing but NH-8.
Remember it is better to stick to GQ to the extent possible as they are maintained well.
Chittorgarh bypass is really good and we did not encounter any mess. Just remember to stick to NH 76 from Udaipur and not the SH, which is also 4-lane tolled road.

Last edited by Wanderers : 16th November 2015 at 10:02.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 23:27   #159

Hello, what is the current status of NH8 between Gurgaon to Jaipur? Planning on using this route in January.
Old 16th December 2015, 15:46   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconicskies View Post
Hello, what is the current status of NH8 between Gurgaon to Jaipur? Planning on using this route in January.
Hi,

Except for Dharuhera and couple of other flyovers, which are under construction, you will have relatively smooth drive all the way to Jaipur bypass.
Expect long ques at toll plazas but you can still manage Gurgaon-Jaipur in 4 hours.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 18:58   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi,

Except for Dharuhera and couple of other flyovers, which are under construction, you will have relatively smooth drive all the way to Jaipur bypass.
Expect long ques at toll plazas but you can still manage Gurgaon-Jaipur in 4 hours.
Thank you so much. I'm actually travelling from Jaipur to Delhi and will be leaving by around 5pm. What do you think will be the travel time?
Old 20th February 2016, 22:39   #162

Any Updates on the Jaipur - Delhi Section ? I am planning to make a trip from Mumbai to Delhi around 1st week of March.
Old 16th April 2016, 14:24   #163
BHPian

Hey Bhpians,

I have to leave for Jaipur tomorrow morning from Delhi. What is the status of NH8 nowadays? Is the travel up-to Jaipur smooth or are there any hurdles? And what will be the travel time from Delhi Gurugram 😛 border?

Also, if the route is problematic is there any other route to reach Jaipur ?
Old 16th April 2016, 15:29   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have to leave for Jaipur tomorrow morning from Delhi. What is the status of NH8 nowadays? Is the travel up-to Jaipur smooth or are there any hurdles? And what will be the travel time from Delhi Gurugram �� border?
It's in great shape , most of the bridges are complete now , it can take you between 3-4 Hours including light break depending on the time you start. You can take Bypass towards Ajmer or continue straight depending on your destination.
Old 24th April 2016, 20:52   #165

Dear fellow BHPians,

I am planning a Delhi to Udaipur by car by month end, I have seen many people suggesting the Ajmer - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Nimbahera - Udaipur
route.

Is this the best route to take after Jaipur to reach Udaipur?

Has anyone done the NH8 route recently between Delhi and Udaipur to offer any insights on the road conditions?
Route :-
Jaipur - Kishangarh - Beawar - Nathdwara - Udaipur (aka the NH8)

Most Viewed