Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 15:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barista View Post
The road is excellent and can easily be done in a day....specially the road from Jaipur to Ajmer is superb....

As of hotels RTDC are the best budget hotels in Rajasthan. In Jaipur you can try Hotel Arya Niwas (Jaipur Hotel Arya Niwas, Jaipur, India offers economy quality budget Hotel, Lodging, Boarding and Travel Options (Jaipur Hotel and Service Apartment Travel)). This is an excellent budget heritage hotel (a found it even better than some bigger hotels in Jaipur). You can get an excellent room in 1000 bucks...but book in advance...as it is always remain occupied by the foreigners.

Cheers

Have a fun trip
Barista, are these hotels run by RTDC?
Old 25th October 2007, 18:57   #32
BHPian

I have finalized (sort of) this route.

Ghaziabad - Jaipur - Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Ajmer/Pushkar - Jaipur - Ghaziabad.

I have still not done the hotel bookings as they have to be done in RTDC Bikaner House, Pandara Road.

The hotels i have selected are:
Jaipur - Swagatam
Bikaner - Dhola Maru
Jaisalmer - Moomal
Jodhpur - Ghoomar

Have anyone stayed in these hotels and give me a first hand experience story. Cleanliness and safety are of prior importance rather than amenities and heritage.
Old 25th October 2007, 18:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

Sir, 2.5 hrs from Jaipur to Ggn? At my best I've done that route consistently in 3 hrs & 20 mins and at worst in 4 hrs. Which route & what speed were you clocking and what time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The road is very quick, takes 4.5 hours from Udaipur to Jaipur, and 2.5 hours from Jaipur to Gurgaon.
Old 25th October 2007, 19:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Sir, 2.5 hrs from Jaipur to Ggn? At my best I've done that route consistently in 3 hrs & 20 mins and at worst in 4 hrs. Which route & what speed were you clocking and what time?
2 hr 25 minutes from end of Jaipur bypass to Gurgaon in a Matiz, 2 hrs 30 mts from beginning of Jaipur bypass (south end) in a Mahindra Scorpio. I know only NH8. Log books available for verification (no audit certificates unfortunately). I am not going to get a Nobel Peace Prize for lying - hence no reason to make up a story!
Old 25th October 2007, 20:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2 hr 25 minutes from end of Jaipur bypass to Gurgaon in a Matiz, 2 hrs 30 mts from beginning of Jaipur bypass (south end) in a Mahindra Scorpio. I know only NH8. Log books available for verification (no audit certificates unfortunately). I am not going to get a Nobel Peace Prize for lying - hence no reason to make up a story!
Small correction about the Matiz drive from Jaipur to Gurgaon:

Time at end of Jaipur bypass (north end) - 1115 am
Time at Gurgaon - 125 pm
Time at Palam Domestic Airport - 140 pm

The time was 2 hrs 25 mts till Delhi Domestic terminal.

Not lying!!
Old 25th October 2007, 20:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Time at end of Jaipur bypass (north end) - 1115 am
Time at Gurgaon - 125 pm
Time at Palam Domestic Airport - 140 pm

The time was 2 hrs 25 mts till Delhi Domestic terminal.
And how many kms is that?

Sir. U having some amazing records which proves that one exactly doesn't need a very fast car to achieve those records.
Old 25th October 2007, 20:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

Sir. U having some amazing records which proves that one exactly doesn't need a very fast car to achieve those records.
255 kms for the 2 hr 30 mts (Jaipur city Civil Lines to Gurgaon Iskcon Chowk)- 530 am - 800 am - in the Scorpio and 209 kms for Jaipur bypass end for the 2 hr 25 mts in the Matiz
Old 25th October 2007, 20:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I have finalized (sort of) this route.

Ghaziabad - Jaipur - Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Ajmer/Pushkar - Jaipur - Ghaziabad.

I have still not done the hotel bookings as they have to be done in RTDC Bikaner House, Pandara Road.

The hotels i have selected are:
Jaipur - Swagatam
Bikaner - Dhola Maru
Jaisalmer - Moomal
Jodhpur - Ghoomar

Have anyone stayed in these hotels and give me a first hand experience story. Cleanliness and safety are of prior importance rather than amenities and heritage.

A freind stayed at Swagatham recently, he was satisfied. I have stayed at the Ajmer RTDC which was good, also at one more property of RTDC in jaipur (dont remember the name). Don't expect any high standards of service, rooms are decent, reasonably priced, conveniently located and have lots of parking space.
Old 25th October 2007, 20:50   #39
BHPian

thanks @ hvkumar

Anyone else??
Old 26th October 2007, 11:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Sir, pardon me if I've offended you. That wasn't the intention. But I was surprised at the time between GGN-JPR. I too am a pretty fast driver normally maintaining an average of 100 Kmph. Hence the surprise.

My best timing with pit stops enroute to Jodhpur via Beawar & Burr in my 1999 Esteem LX has been 10 hrs.

Quote:
Old 26th October 2007, 12:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
But I was surprised at the time between GGN-JPR. I too am a pretty fast driver normally maintaining an average of 100 Kmph. Hence the surprise.

My best timing with pit stops enroute to Jodhpur via Beawar & Burr in my 1999 Esteem LX has been 10 hrs.
I think that was to to do with the timing - one was at 530 am ex-Jaipur and the other at 1115 am, both may be low-traffic times. I have done Gurgaon-Jaipur in the evening (leaving at 4 pm) and taken 3-4 hours. For that matter, last year, cumulative timing I took to cover Bombay-Delhi via Jaipur was only 17 hours (1450 kms) which sounds a bit tough but was actually easy because of the good roads at that time. Now, the same journey would take at least 2 hours more because of bad roads in South Gujarat.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ya, even I am not surprised...Even I did a 240km drive from Kolkata to Siuri in my Alto in 2hr 35min where the top speed I hit was 125kmph but I drove very steadily...No braking no stoping, simply driving !!! The engine started from my house in Kolkata and stopped in my inlaws hous in Siuri...

It is all about steadiness not a fast car that will make you cover more distance in lesser time...

Abhi
Old 26th October 2007, 13:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Kumar Sir
I know u have travelled extensively around the country and i'm not doubting your knowledge.
Quote:
I think that was to to do with the timing - one was at 530 am ex-Jaipur and the other at 1115 am, both may be low-traffic times. I have done Gurgaon-Jaipur in the evening (leaving at 4 pm) and taken 3-4 hours. For that matter, last year, cumulative timing I took to cover Bombay-Delhi via Jaipur was only 17 hours (1450 kms) which sounds a bit tough but was actually easy because of the good roads at that time. Now, the same journey would take at least 2 hours more because of bad roads in South Gujarat.
A few questions out of curiousity Hope u dont mind
1. Do u take pit stops in your journey or do u eat roads only?
2. Is there any highway in the country where u haven't ever travelled on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Ya, even I am not surprised...Even I did a 240km drive from Kolkata to Siuri in my Alto in 2hr 35min where the top speed I hit was 125kmph but I drove very steadily...No braking no stoping, simply driving !!! The engine started from my house in Kolkata and stopped in my inlaws hous in Siuri...

It is all about steadiness not a fast car that will make you cover more distance in lesser time...

Abhi
Ask crazy Satya to do that. I'm sure he'll do it in 2hrs with LPG.
Yesterday he was coming from somewhere to Neelamangala and did last 74kms in 25kms.

Last edited by kpzen : 26th October 2007 at 13:39.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Do u take pit stops in your journey or do u eat roads only?
2. Is there any highway in the country where u haven't ever travelled on?
Mostly feast on miles, carry most of the food I need on board, hate to stop for trivial things like food. On day trips like Bombay-Delhi, Bombay-Bangalore-Madras, etc, we carry our own stuff!!!

Never been on the full NH2 through UP (not beyond Agra) and Bihar (only after Dhanbad), but hoping to do it in winter this year-end. Also hoping to do South Chattisgarh (Jagdalpur) soon.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Not even to stretch the limbs and answer nature's calls? You drive all by yourself or someone to relieve you.

As for me have to drive all by myself. I hate to carry food on board as its smell in the cabin nauseates me. I prefer to do pit stops.

Quote:
Mostly feast on miles, carry most of the food I need on board, hate to stop for trivial things like food. On day trips like Bombay-Delhi, Bombay-Bangalore-Madras, etc, we carry our own stuff!!!

Never been on the full NH2 through UP (not beyond Agra) and Bihar (only after Dhanbad), but hoping to do it in winter this year-end. Also hoping to do South Chattisgarh (Jagdalpur) soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks