Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2012, 10:37   #136
BHPian

re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post
Did Gurgaon-Jaipur-Nasirabad-Udaipur and
Also, there are no facilities on this stretch for taking breaks. Only one reliance dhabha is operational just after bhilwara and rest of the dhabha's are primarily targeted for truckers.

While I did this sector last month, it was a herculean task to find out a hotel for the evening tea. All we can see is numerous dhabas, but they are mainly used by the truck drivers.

Better one should plan for this , especially if you have family members with you and kids
Old 9th April 2014, 17:44   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the current state of Delhi-Jaipur highway? My father needs to travel to Jaipur and is contemplating driving the 320d provided the road is decent. I know it is full of diversions but the last time I travelled, the road surface was well laid even in the diversions. Is it still the same? Or he is better off in the Innova?
Old 11th April 2014, 11:25   #138
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What is the current state of Delhi-Jaipur highway? My father needs to travel to Jaipur and is contemplating driving the 320d provided the road is decent. I know it is full of diversions but the last time I travelled, the road surface was well laid even in the diversions. Is it still the same? Or he is better off in the Innova?
I traversed the Gurgaon - Jaipur bypass- Pushkar route last week. The state of the highway is definitely better than what it was 1.3 years back(the last impression I had). Diversions galore, haryana roadways terror and slow trucks hogging the fast lane - are a given. Road surface is mixed at the diversions but nothing too bone jarring.
That being said, I think the Innova would be a much more comfortable ride.
Old 26th July 2014, 04:24   #139
BHPian

Seems like the GOI is taking serious steps to improve the condition of the highway between Delhi and Jaipur.

Source link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/38997511.cms

Quote:
NEW DELHI: The hassles of travelling on Delhi-Jaipur highway could soon be over as road transport and highways minister Nitin Gadkari after a surprise inspection of some stretches on Friday assured timely action to improve the condition.

"Gadkari assured the people that he will look into all issues relating to the highway and that timely action would be taken," as per an official statement.

Minister of state for road transport, highways and shipping Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar, and minister of state for planning, statistics and programme implementation and defence Rao Inderjit Singh accompanied Gadkari during the inspection.

The statement quoted Gurjar as saying: "The government and NHAI will ensure that the works get completed by June 2015."

Gurjar on June 21 had ordered a probe into alleged irregularities on Delhi-Jaipur highway following a surprise inspection.

Besides, Central Road Research Institute has also been asked to come up with suggestions for smooth flow of traffic on the important highway, NH-8.

Traffic jam like situation have been prevailing on the crucial highway for some time.

Earlier, Rajasthan governor Margaret Alva had drawn the attention of Gadkari towards various issues related to this highway, including tolling.
Old 4th August 2014, 13:46   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Doctor,

I will be leaving for Baroda on 30-Sep-14. Just wanted to know the road condition of Delhi-Jaipur Stretch based on the feedback, you might have got from your father's visit sometime back.

Other alternative is to go via YE-Sawai Madhopur but it may not be worth the effort as
1. Extra Distance of 80 Km
2. Road Condition unknown.
3. Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve Closed

thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 14:01   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi Doctor,

I will be leaving for Baroda on 30-Sep-14. Just wanted to know the road condition of Delhi-Jaipur Stretch based on the feedbacks
Take this route for peace of mind : https://goo.gl/maps/bczRQ

Majority of stretch is two lane but you will get better average speed compared to NH8 between Jaipur-Delhi. Just watch for usual speed breaker around population areas, not problematic though.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 14:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Take this route for peace of mind : https://goo.gl/maps/bczRQ
Hi tbppjpr,

thanks for quick response.
So you just to take the Alwar route, off left from Dharuhera and Join Agra Road.
I had this in Mind except that I have not traveled on this route. what about YE-Bharatpur and than joining at Bamanpura (on suggested route). I start from Noida so it may be a better option ?
Old 4th August 2014, 14:26   #143
BHPian

Quote:
what about YE-Bharatpur and than joining at Bamanpura (on suggested route). I start from Noida so it may be a better option
Well Delhi-Mathura is great, Bharatpur - Jaipur is again a great 4 lane road so major part of the stretch is very good. But no idea how is it between Bharatpur-Mathura. I did it two years ago and that time some road work was going on and also got stuck in little bit of Jam near Bharatpur on a railway crossing so conditions were bad that time. But I guess the road work might have been completed by now.

YE and NH11 are no doubt faster roads but still consider the Alwar route since you haven't taken this route ever, the Sariska region becomes too scenic to drive in this season.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 16:37   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Doctor,

I will be leaving for Baroda on 30-Sep-14. Just wanted to know the road condition of Delhi-Jaipur Stretch based on the feedback, you might have got from your father's visit sometime back.
Delhi Jaipur highway is driveable albeit not enjoyably though. There is still work going on and you will encounter diversions after every few kms although the surface is well laid out in the diversions too. Be aware of the fact that the road in those diversions have a very steep edge with the gravel and hence avoid taking your car down the road and on to the gravel at any instance. My BMW ( on my father's last trip) suffered two broken alloys when Dad had to take the left side of the car down the road.

Post Jaipur the road is excellent all the way to Vadodara. Enjoy the Trip.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 09:50   #145
BHPian

Quote:

Post Jaipur the road is excellent all the way to Vadodara. Enjoy the Trip.
Thanks Dr

I also feel that in spite of all the problem it is possible to maintain 60km/h average speed on Delhi-Jaipur Highway and it will compensate for extra KM & bad road through other route.

I have done Baroda-Jaipur 3 times but last time was way back in 2008. At Jaipur I use to turn to Agra onward to Varanasi-Patna.
Baroda-Jaipur use to take 9 hours in Honda City and I am sure it must be similar or may be little more due to road widening (6 Lane) between Himmatnagar & Udaipur.
Old 5th August 2014, 10:02   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Dr

I also feel that in spite of all the problem it is possible to maintain 60km/h average speed on Delhi-Jaipur Highway and it will compensate for extra KM & bad road through other route.

I have done Baroda-Jaipur 3 times but last time was way back in 2008. At Jaipur I use to turn to Agra onward to Varanasi-Patna.
Baroda-Jaipur use to take 9 hours in Honda City and I am sure it must be similar or may be little more due to road widening (6 Lane) between Himmatnagar & Udaipur.
Yup the road is not so bad that you need to take an alternate route. Speeds of 60-70 kmph can be maintained.

From Jaipur the route to follow is: Jaipur-Nasirabad-Bhilwara-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Vadodara. Excellent roads although right now due to monsoons you might find a few potholes here and there.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 00:47   #147

I took Delhi - Bharatpur - Jaipur route earlier this year and it is definitely a much better and convenient choice compared to NH8. Google maps work very well and there are very few signages once you get off the Yamuna Expressway. So please keep the Maps handy while you are on that stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Well Delhi-Mathura is great, Bharatpur - Jaipur is again a great 4 lane road so major part of the stretch is very good. But no idea how is it between Bharatpur-Mathura. I did it two years ago and that time some road work was going on and also got stuck in little bit of Jam near Bharatpur on a railway crossing so conditions were bad that time. But I guess the road work might have been completed by now.

YE and NH11 are no doubt faster roads but still consider the Alwar route since you haven't taken this route ever, the Sariska region becomes too scenic to drive in this season.
Old 26th September 2014, 17:51   #148
BHPian

Hey Guys,
I am planning trip to Jaipur from Ahmedabad in next week.

Ahmedabad to Udaipur is very much clear. Post Udaipur confusion starts. Which one to choose for Udaipur to Jaipur?

1. Via Nathdwara-Beawar
2. Via Chittorgarh - Bhilwara
Old 19th October 2014, 22:10   #149
BHPian

Did a weekend trip to Jaipur. Very few additions to what has been stated earlier:

- The road surface on return i.e. Jaipur to Delhi is significantly inferior to the Delhi to Jaipur side. Budget additional 45 minutes.
- Delhi to Bawal is the worst part. The road improves after that.
- 50% of the flyovers remain to be completed and thus find a time of day to avoid local traffic.

Overall time- 5.5 Hrs Onwards and 6.5 Hrs in return.
Old 27th April 2015, 21:59   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Noida- Jaipur:

Noida Sec 62- Jaipur:
- We took the Taj Expressway till Mathura.
- then Mathura - Bharatpur, this is a 2L road of 50Kms
- and then 4L stretch from Bharatpur till Jaipur

Total time taken: 5hours and 45mins for 372Kms. It was a stress free drive.

Most Viewed