Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2021, 14:11   #241
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitp View Post
Please do help me with your suggestions on good Dhabas on the Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi route. I'm a huge foodie and love to try the local cuisine.
Try any of the new outlets of old Rao Dhabba beyond the one they have in Bhiwadi. Their food is better over Highway King. Both have multiple outlets on the way with new infrastructure. Though my suggestion is based on typical North Indian Dhaba food.
Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:59   #242
BHPian

Update:-

Travelled to Jaipur and back via NH 8 from 19.2.2021 - 21.2.2021

Highway closed at the Rajasthan - Haryana border so had to cross over thru' a detour on the village roads. Added at least 1 hour to the trip and had to squeeze between trucks and tractors on some unpaved stretches. Thankfully, we were crossing during daylight hours and avoided peal traffic.

Stopped over at Rajwada Dhaba on the way to Jaipur (just after Manesar) - clean washroom & blah food and then on Highway King at Shahpura (clean washroom)

Stopped at Highway King (Shahpura) again on the way back to Delhi. Very crowded and we struggled to find a table. Had some nice Paranthas, Gatte ki Sabji, Missi Roti and Ajmeri Milk Cake.
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 20:26   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
I recently did Del-Jaipur-Del day trip, and got reminded of your car and post.

Most of the dhabas, restaurants and food courts are back in action and all had sizeable crowd in the evening.
Any particular eating joints that are recommended or tried & tested? i stopped at Rao Dhaba (while returning to Delhi) but it is quite close to Gurgaon. Not enough travel time to deserve a break.

I remember stopping at Highway King but not sure where exactly was that. Also, i believe there are multiple highway kings on the way. Are they clones or one chain with multiple outlets?
Old 28th July 2021, 23:57   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post

I remember stopping at Highway King but not sure where exactly was that. Also, i believe there are multiple highway kings on the way. Are they clones or one chain with multiple outlets?
The ones on the highway between Jaipur and Ajmer are one chain with multiple outlets. I believe, there are two-three outlets on the Jaipur-Ajmer highway.
sahil624 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 12:31   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Any particular eating joints that are recommended or tried & tested? i stopped at Rao Dhaba (while returning to Delhi) but it is quite close to Gurgaon. Not enough travel time to deserve a break. I remember stopping at Highway King but not sure where exactly was that. Also, i believe there are multiple highway kings on the way. Are they clones or one chain with multiple outlets?
Highway King : This is a big chain, with many outlets along this route. Fairly standardized serving when it comes to normal paranthas, pakodas and tea. I have tried 3-4 of them and have found them satisfactory. Some of their outlets, have open outdoor seating too.

Old Rao Hotel : Indeed one of the old ones, and fairly popular with the localities too. (more the turnaround, more the chances of fresh food) They have opened up one in Neemrana too.

Mannat : This one's a big chain too, from GT karnal road. However its further closer to Gurgaon vis-a-vis Old Rao.

So in the covid era, like everyone else, preferences are more for open and less crowded spaces. So its mostly been:

1. The Food Street Behror (https://goo.gl/maps/4uuoDPzNa5JMXHbV7) - Its a quality food court (Fast food, South Indian, Coffee shops) with good parking and maintained washrooms. I have used this on either routes, Del to Jaipur and back.

2. Open outdoor seating at Highway King Behror (https://goo.gl/maps/WCCXadDdxH9hHUMq7) Decent enough washrooms, but have stopped only if there is space outdoors and they are serving there.

Hope this helps!
Diesel_Drives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:49   #246

I've done this route twice recently and the shortest detour from Jaipur to Delhi to avoid the blocked highway was through the 200 ft service lane after the Shahjahanpur toll plaza, followed by two villages as shown in the pic here -

This only added 10 minutes to our ETA.

Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries-jaipurdelhidetour.png

On the way back, we took a slightly longer detour and the route was full of incoming trucks from the other side. I guess this was the dedicated diversion for the incoming route and overall, it added 50 minutes to our ETA.

Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries-delhijaipurdetour.png

But recently, I saw two tweets, mentioning attempted robberies along the detours -

https://twitter.com/eeshachughh/stat...478113793?s=20

https://twitter.com/LavanyaBhardw13/...763640833?s=20

I'm seriously considering actually going via Bharatpur - Mathura route, as per google it is around 90 minutes slower, but considering the unpredictable amount of time lost in the detours and also, now safety concerns being raised, is there any other suggested way?
I've taken the Bharatpur - Mathura route back in March, and except for the 30 km 2 lane between Bharatpur and Mathura, it was 4+ lanes throughout and road quality was pretty good too.

Anyone who has done this route recently, wants to suggest what is the best route to take, both to and fro?
riddlealmeida is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 22:41   #247
BHPian

Anyone who has done Jaipur-Udaipur recently and has info if the Bhilwara route is better now?
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:14   #248
BHPian

Will be travelling to Udaipur from Ghaziabad in October first week. This will be my first time in Udaipur, so looking for suggestions on which route I should opt for and the road conditions for both to and fro.

Any recommendations will be highly appreciated.
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:49   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Will be travelling to Udaipur from Ghaziabad in October first week. This will be my first time in Udaipur, so looking for suggestions on which route I should opt for and the road conditions for both to and fro.

Hi, I would recommend that from Jaipur take the Jaipur-Kishangarh-Ajmer-Beawar-Nathdwara-Udaipur. The road conditions are pretty good the last time I travelled the previous month. Also, there is an 80 odd kms of strech of undivided two lane road from Beawar till Nathdwara but the roads are good so shouldn’t be a problem.
sahil624 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:02   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post

I travelled this stretch three weeks back and the road conditions are great. No broken patches or diversions anywhere. Reach Beawar and take the road that travels through Deogarh-Nathdwara. Like mentioned above, there is a stretch of undivided road but the road conditions are great. I was able to complete Udaipur to Jaipur in about 6 hours with a small break.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 10:27   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a Gurgaon-Jaipur-Gurgaon trip last week. Roads are perfectly fine except for the Haryana-Rajasthan state border where the road has been blocked for protest. The Delhi-Jaipur traffic is diverted via service lane. While going, it took a good half an hour to cross it. The return passage was choc a bloc for good 3-4 kms with mainly the trucks that were stuck. On my return leg, it was night and I was apprehensive about the route block. Thankfully, I was able to locate it on map and took a detour via incoming service lane where the police was coordinating the traffic. They helped us merge with the main road just before a flyover and we were able to get through without any issues.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th October 2021 at 21:04. Reason: typo
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 16:56   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Did a Gurgaon-Jaipur-Gurgaon trip last week. Roads are perfectly fine except for the Haryana-Rajasthan state border where the road has been blocked for protest. The Delhi-Jaipur traffic is diverted via service lane. While going, it took a good half an hour to cross it.....
Apt timing for this post as I am doing a Dehradun to Jaipur trip coming Friday. It seems I really can't avoid the border protest, so I will have to deal with it.

But one quick question. Since I wil be merging on the Delhi Jaipur highway through the peripheral expressway, I was thinking of having lunch at "Old Rao Hotel". Does it make sense as it's right at the border and in the middle of the jam. Whats the next best option? Normally I would want to have lunch prior to crossing the border so that we are all filled up. Any suggestions please.
Old 15th November 2021, 17:41   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Whats the next best option? Normally I would want to have lunch prior to crossing the border so that we are all filled up. Any suggestions please.
Basant Dhaba few kms ahead of EPE/WPE exits.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:54   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddlealmeida View Post
I'm seriously considering actually going via Bharatpur - Mathura route, as per google it is around 90 minutes slower, but considering the unpredictable amount of time lost in the detours and also, now safety concerns being raised, is there any other suggested way?
I've taken the Bharatpur - Mathura route back in March, and except for the 30 km 2 lane between Bharatpur and Mathura, it was 4+ lanes throughout and road quality was pretty good too.

Anyone who has done this route recently, wants to suggest what is the best route to take, both to and fro?
Any update on this route would be highly appreciated. I intend to travel to aerocity from Udaipur. Looking at the farmer protest issue, Jaipur-Bharatpur-Mathura-Aerocity looks like a better option, or should I stick to the default route?
Old 15th November 2021, 19:26   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Any update on this route would be highly appreciated. I intend to travel to aerocity from Udaipur. Looking at the farmer protest issue, Jaipur-Bharatpur-Mathura-Aerocity looks like a better option, or should I stick to the default route?
I cannot comment on the Mathura to Aerocity section, but I can share about the rest as my parents drove down from Greater Noida to Mumbai, and here is what could be relevant for you:
1) Mathura/Agra to Bharatpur road is fine and after that the Bharatpur to Dausa (which is close to Jaipur) road was brilliant 4 lane road. The only issue is the presence of our dear Cows & other animals found on the road, but other than that, it was less traffic & super smooth experience. Although, not recommended for night drives (personal opinion, nothing happened nor have we heard from others).

2) Pit stops might not be branded on this road, but parents stopped at 2 places (for lunch & a cup of tea) and they got fresh delicious home style food.

3) They took a left at Dausa towards Kota, but I hear the road from Dausa to Jaipur is fine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Apt timing for this post as I am doing a Dehradun to Jaipur trip coming Friday. It seems I really can't avoid the border protest, so I will have to deal with it.
In Addition to the above 3 points, I thought I would add that an option for you would be to take the peripheral highway as you leave Delhi-Meerut Expressway, and then leave that near Greater Noida to join Yamuna Expressway till Mathura, and from there, you take the Bharatpur road.

Just a thought. Ofcourse, if everything goes smooth at RJ/HR border, then the usual route to Jaipur is the best

Cheers!
VT-RNS is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks