Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 17:55   #181
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Any suggestions for good hotels in Udaipur, I'm planning to travel with family next month.
Old 25th September 2017, 13:48   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Any suggestions for good hotels in Udaipur, I'm planning to travel with family next month.
Justa Rajputana. Good place with ample parking and green area. Around 4 kms away from Pichola lake.
Old 3rd October 2017, 16:51   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post

Hotel Lakend Seems to be good in premium category. Its right on the Fateh Sagar Lake shore and provides amazing view from lake facing rooms, and has ample of amount of secured parking as well.
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:37   #184
BANNED

If lake view go with hotel hilltop , if just using hotel for stay Radisson in at Ashok Nagar is one of the better ones in Udaipur .The hotel le roi at railways station fulfills all basic necessity and good budget hotel .Pool is not option at Le Roi .Food is good at Le Roi .Another hotel is Rangniwas .In winters they have a open air restaurant .If a family is there they will love it I winters but it is a small hotel .Another just for stay is Hotel Amantra Near Sukhadiya circle .Justa Rajputana is far away and laid back hotel and food and services are a miss mostly .

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 3rd October 2017 at 20:48.
Old 14th October 2017, 15:58   #185
BHPian

Route status update: Drive completed in Late September

Going
Delhi - Kishangarh - Beawar - Gomti Chaurah - Udaipur - 650 Km (Map and Dist. as per Google) Toll paid 705 Rs.

Drive completed in 10 Hours with breaks. Of the two route options, i have found this to be the better quality and faster route. If i recollect correctly, there are about 10 toll points. Delhi to Jaipur is as good or bad, as it ever was, with some new construction coming up on HR side. Jaipur > Kishangarh > Beawar is 6 laned, fast with medium traffic, having 3 lanes actually makes driving a lot easier. Food options available till Kishangarh. however, a good rest stop could be the Mcdonald before Ajmer. From Beawar it's a single carriageway, with very low traffic, drive is a little slow due to the meandering road but enjoyable nevertheless. From Gomti chaurah, the drive is actually fast and road surface is very good. although the road meanders through the hills and crosses population at a few places but the low traffic density made it a hoot of a drive.
I have done this route previously till kumbhalgarh and the only surprise were the Speed enforcement vehicles till beawar, one of them caught me out and had to pay 400Rs. challan

Return route;
Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Nasirabad - Jaipur bypass - Delhi 695 Km (Toll 670 Rs., Map and dist. as per google)

This drive ended up being longer than thought. In total took 15 hours reaching home @2AM. Chittor is 125 Kms from udaipur and it's a fast paved highway, partly cemented ( I think it caused my rear tyre to burst, which had 50k on it). The traffic is low. Drive, up the fort; in the fort and down is about 15 kms, It's a small town and not much traffic. The problem is the section from here till you reach the elevated turn-off for Jaipur-Kishangarh toll plaza. It's a 2 lane with heavy truck traffic and a pain for overtaking. It was a bit stressing and ate up a lot of time.

I think, until one really needs to visit chittor, the Bhilwara route is not the preferable travel route for udaipur.
Old 14th October 2017, 16:28   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrikm5 View Post
Route status update: I have done this route previously till kumbhalgarh and the only surprise were the Speed enforcement vehicles till beawar, one of them caught me out and had to pay 400Rs. challan
Where exactly this happened?
Old 14th October 2017, 16:55   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Going
Delhi - Kishangarh - Beawar - Gomti Chaurah - Udaipur
Quote:
Return route;
Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Nasirabad - Jaipur bypass
I think best one is

Udaipur- Nathdwara- Bhilwara- Ajmer

If you don't turn Right towards Bhilwara past Nathdwara, you will hit a 2 Lane Road where 4 lane work is held up for some reasons but is still a toll road. If we turn Right than its 4/6 lane road to Bhilwara and ahead, better than Udaipur- Chottor- Bhilwara surely.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Aj...d24.585445!5i1
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:22   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
The only reason for Mathura route is to avoid the traffic mess of Gurgaon and based on feedback of some of the locals who have travelled in the recent past from G Noida. Thanks for the feedback - let me think this through.
Hope you have completed the trip. I am staying at greater noida and planning to visit jaipur. Could you give your feedback on this route (YEW->Mathura->Jaipur). How is road conditions. I am traveling with family and would like to avoid surprises.

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:36   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Hope you have completed the trip. I am staying at greater noida and planning to visit jaipur. Could you give your feedback on this route (YEW->Mathura->Jaipur). How is road conditions. I am traveling with family and would like to avoid surprises.

Thanks
Hi,

I did not take the Mathura route - the reason being the inability of my parents to sit through the journey in one day. Ended up coming back via Jaipur with a halt at Jaipur.
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:55   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
Hi,

I did not take the Mathura route - the reason being the inability of my parents to sit through the journey in one day. Ended up coming back via Jaipur with a halt at Jaipur.
Thanks. I need some input on road conditions on this route. Unable to find much online hence requesting here again if anyone could help me.
Thanks again
Old 4th February 2018, 19:16   #191
BHPian

Guys, planning the following trip - I hope this is doable ?

Day 1 Morning - Gurgaon > Jodhpur - 560kms / 9hours
(Delhi>Jaipur>Kishangarh>Beawar)
Day 1 Night - @Jodhpur

Day 2 Morning - @Jodhpur
Day 2 Night - @Jodhpur

Day 3 Morning - Jodhpur > Mt Abu - 270kms/4 hours
Day 3 Night - @Mt Abu

Day 4 Morning - @Mt. Abu
Day 4 Night - @ Mt Abu

Day 5 Morning - Mt Abu > Udaipur - 160kms/2.5 hours
Day 5 Night - @Udaipur

Day 6 Morning - Sight Seeing in Udaipur
Day 6 Night - @Udaipur

Day 7 Morning - Udaipur to Gurgaon - 620kms
(Udaipur>Beawar>Ajmer>Kishangarh>Jaipur>Delhi)

OR (maybe break this into two days)

Day 7 Morning - Udaipur to Pushkar - 300kms

Day 8 Morning - Pushkar to Delhi - 300kms
(Udaipur>Beawar>Ajmer>Kishangarh>Jaipur>Delhi)
Old 8th February 2018, 16:23   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I think best one is

Udaipur- Nathdwara- Bhilwara- Ajmer

If you don't turn Right towards Bhilwara past Nathdwara, you will hit a 2 Lane Road where 4 lane work is held up for some reasons but is still a toll road. If we turn Right than its 4/6 lane road to Bhilwara and ahead, better than Udaipur- Chottor- Bhilwara surely.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Aj...d24.585445!5i1
Buddy, need your help in deciding the road.
I have removed Mt. Abu now - so that would mean -

Delhi > Jodhpur
(Delhi > Jaipur > Ajmer > Beawar > Jodhpur )

Jodhpur > Udaipur
(Jodhpur > Rohat > Pali > Nadol > Rajsamand > Nathdwara > Udaipur )

Udaipur > Delhi
( Udaipur > Rajsamand > Deogarh > Bali > Beawar > Ajmer > Kishangarh > Jaipur > Delhi )

Can you confirm the above routes are the best and doable per day ?
Old 26th February 2018, 02:42   #193
BHPian

Hey guys, planning a road trip from Delhi to Pushkar in a few days. Questions:

1. The standard Gurgaon - Jaipur - Ajmer route via google is alright? Any hiccups on the way? Any speed traps etc. I should know?
2. Is it a good one-day drive, or should I be looking to stop over in Jaipur?
3. Any good places to stop over on the way for food, and maybe napping?

I'll be driving solo so have full flexibility on the time to leave etc.
Please chime in. Thanks.
Old 26th February 2018, 06:25   #194
BHPian

I did the exact same trip but in reverse order 3 years back. Though it wasn't planned but totally Spontaneous. Had planned to go to Ajmer Sharif but then it kept on getting extended and last stop was Jodhpur. We were 5 adults and two year olds in one swift 🙃. And this is completely doable. Do enjoy your trip!
raaj.bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 12:53   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
1. The standard Gurgaon - Jaipur - Ajmer route via google is alright? Any hiccups on the way? Any speed traps etc. I should know?
2. Is it a good one-day drive, or should I be looking to stop over in Jaipur?
3. Any good places to stop over on the way for food, and maybe napping?
Take the Gurgaon-Jaipur bypass-Ajmer route, it is 6-laned with 2-3 diversion between Delhi-Jaipur. Jaipur-Ajmer is just superb! Beware of speed traps after Manoharpur toll plaza, Jaipur Bypass and Jaipur-Ajmer highway. We did not see any interceptors though couple of weeks back. However few BHPIANs have been caught and fined earlier.

Very much doable in a day, you can stop at hotel highway king shahpura for food. There is a McDonalds on Jaipur-Ajmer highway. It should not take you more than 8 hours with a break if you leave early in the morning.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks