Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 13:30   #211
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
Thanks ptaneja .

Posting one pic I took from atop the Sajjangarh fort. The views and the small hills reminded my of the Shire from The Lord of the Rings
Excellent ! Nice to know that the trip went as planned

Here is one snap from the same spot !

Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries-udp.jpg
ptaneja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 13:21   #212

Hey Everyone,

I am planning a road trip from Delhi to Udaipur from Jan 3 2020 to Jan 7 2020. Any advise on the route to take, road conditions and places to see around Udaipur. I am traveling with my parents and would like places to halt along the route as they are both above 60.

I plan to leave from Delhi early in the morning (4am - 5am) to avoid any traffic, but also concerned about the Fog situation. Guess I will have to take a call on fog on the morning of my departure

My ride is a BMW 2013 F30 3 series.

Are Fastags being accepted now or are there still any toll collection points along the route that do not accept it?

My tentative route will be Delhi - Jaipur - Ajmer - Beawar - Deogarh - Rajsamand - Udaipur.

I also read on the forum about Delhi - Jaipur - Kishangarh - Nasirabad - Bijainagar - Bhilwara - Rajsamand - Udaipur which is better but the posts are from a few months ago.

Has anyone travelled on this route recently? Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for you help

Last edited by beemerf30 : 24th December 2019 at 13:34.
Old 24th December 2019, 19:09   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerf30 View Post
Has anyone travelled on this route recently? Any inputs will be highly appreciated.
I just came back from Mumbai yesterday via Udaipur. I have been taking the Beawar-Rajsmand route till date for trips to Mumbai. There is about 100 KMs of stretch which is 2-laned and passes thru couple of busy towns, the stretch is very scenic and if you love corners, you will be in for a treat. There are 2 toll plazas on this stretch which accept only cash, 35/- at each one. The remainder route accepts fastag, there are 2 tolls near Nathdwara where you don't even have to stop for the scanner to read the tag.

The Rajasmand-Udaipur stretch is divided 4-laned. Jaipur to Beawar is 6-laned boring highway. Beware of the interceptors till Kishangarh. We did Udaipur to Jaipur in 8 hrs flat with one break. Have a safe journey.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 09:52   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I just came back from Mumbai yesterday via Udaipur. I have been taking the Beawar-Rajsmand route till date for trips to Mumbai. There is about 100 KMs of stretch which is 2-laned and passes thru couple of busy towns, the stretch is very scenic and if you love corners, you will be in for a treat. There are 2 toll plazas on this stretch which accept only cash, 35/- at each one. The remainder route accepts fastag, there are 2 tolls near Nathdwara where you don't even have to stop for the scanner to read the tag.

The Rajasmand-Udaipur stretch is divided 4-laned. Jaipur to Beawar is 6-laned boring highway. Beware of the interceptors till Kishangarh. We did Udaipur to Jaipur in 8 hrs flat with one break. Have a safe journey.
Thank you for the inputs. Are there any places to stop on this route as I will be travelling with my parents and they wont be able to sit in the car for a long time. Frequent and short breaks will be needed. Would you recommend taking the other route?

Did you encounter any fog on the way? What is the driving time from Udaipur to Delhi?

Cheers.
Old 26th December 2019, 01:13   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the inputs. Are there any places to stop on this route as I will be travelling with my parents and they wont be able to sit in the car for a long time. Frequent and short breaks will be needed. Would you recommend taking the other route?

Did you encounter any fog on the way? What is the driving time from Udaipur to Delhi?

Cheers.
Lots of options to stop between Delhi and Jaipur. There is an MCD, Hivayking ahead of Jaipur, ideal would be the following:

Stop 1: Hivayking Shahpura
Stop 2: CCD on Jaipur-Ajmer Highway
Stop 3: Hotel Mewar just before Deogarh (don't miss the famous milestone)

The other route is 4-laned throughout, I have tried it only once and found it longer by an hour, Bhilwara to Rajasmand 4-laned was butter smooth last year, no idea about the recent condition. Be prepared for fog till Jaipur bypass if you start early. With 3-4 breaks, you can do this journey in 11 to 12 hrs.

I am leaving for Mumbai on the 28th with a stopover at Udaipur. If there is any significant update, I'll share it here.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:03   #216

Quote:
Lots of options to stop between Delhi and Jaipur. There is an MCD, Hivayking ahead of Jaipur, ideal would be the following:

Stop 1: Hivayking Shahpura
Stop 2: CCD on Jaipur-Ajmer Highway
Stop 3: Hotel Mewar just before Deogarh (don't miss the famous milestone)

The other route is 4-laned throughout, I have tried it only once and found it longer by an hour, Bhilwara to Rajasmand 4-laned was butter smooth last year, no idea about the recent condition. Be prepared for fog till Jaipur bypass if you start early. With 3-4 breaks, you can do this journey in 11 to 12 hrs.

I am leaving for Mumbai on the 28th with a stopover at Udaipur. If there is any significant update, I'll share it here.
Hi, Is there any new update on your previous one? I am starting my travel tomorrow.

Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2020, 21:15   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Is there any new update on your previous one? I am starting my travel tomorrow.

Thanks.
Apologies for late response, no new updates. Hope your ride was smooth.
Old 3rd January 2020, 23:24   #218
BHPian

Around udaipur you can visit Chittorgarh fort and kumbhalgarh fort. Don't miss lake badi which is little outside of udaipur but it's the most beautiful lake of udaipur, go at sunset or sunrise time for a beautiful view. Moreover do visit the lake side cafes at lake pichola for a beautiful evening view of the lake and the city. If any help needed around jaipur do ping me up
Old 5th January 2020, 23:34   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Beware of the interceptors till Kishangarh.
Hi. Are you talking about interceptors from Jaipur till Kishangarh or from Udaipur till Kishangarh?
Old 6th January 2020, 10:34   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi. Are you talking about interceptors from Jaipur till Kishangarh or from Udaipur till Kishangarh?
Jaipur till Kishangarh, we usually try to maintain limit till Kishangarh as we have been seeing quite a few interceptors on the stretch between Gurgaon and Kishangarh.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 19:58   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jaipur till Kishangarh, we usually try to maintain limit till Kishangarh as we have been seeing quite a few interceptors on the stretch between Gurgaon and Kishangarh.
I started from Gurgaon on 6th January and traveled Gurgaon - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Statue of Unity - Ahmedabad - Udaipur - Nathdwara - Udaipur - Gurgaon.

Information in your posts have been very useful. Thank you.

Saw one interceptor while going even before Jaipur and saw four interceptors while coming back, two from Kishangarh to Jaipur and two after that.
mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 21:23   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Delhi - Jaipur - Kishangarh - Nasirabad - Bijainagar - Bhilwara - Rajsamand - Udaipur which is better but the posts are from a few months ago.
Did today, Kishangargh to Bhilwara is being 6 lanes and has a lot of diversions. But you ca maintain a reasonable speed. From Bhilwara to Rajsamand and Udaipur is breeze. One of best roads.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 16:11   #223
BHPian

Hi, I did Del-Jaipur-Del on last Sunday and Del-Udaipur-Del from this Thursday to Sunday.

The route from Del-Jaipur-Kishangarh-Beawar onwards to Udaipur is better stretch of roads than the return journey on the same route. The roads on return (first and second lanes) are mostly crimped up owing to heat and pressure of commercial vehicles. Infact it was a pleasant sight to see some of the heavy vehicles driving in their legit lanes (third/last)

Thankfully could successfully negate speed interceptors, on either sides of Jaipur by-pass.

Owing to lesser traffic these days, I could do Del-Udaipur in under 9 hours with only a bio break in between. Though most of the Dhabas were open (food courts are still shut), its only closer to Dharuhera/Manesar that the ones were actually crowded.

Its always a delight doing this section.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries-img_20200712_0803181.jpg  

Diesel_Drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 21:18   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post

The route from Del-Jaipur-Kishangarh-Beawar onwards to Udaipur is better stretch of roads than the return journey on the same route.

Owing to lesser traffic these days, I could do Del-Udaipur in under 9 hours with only a bio break in between.
The roads till Udaipur are indeed a delight to drive on. I hope you travelled in your Nissan Kicks. How was your experience of the drive? And what mileage you got for the trip?
Old 14th July 2020, 16:48   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
I hope you travelled in your Nissan Kicks. How was your experience of the drive? And what mileage you got for the trip?
Hi Sahil, I had taken Kicks to Udaipur in January'20 when it was just 400 odd kms old. So it was restrained drive with limiting rpms to 2500. We have had a duster doing 170k kms prior to this, so ride quality is something I can always vouch for with this platform! The added advantage of placing (almost) anything in the boot makes your preparation/packing so easy. If I recall, we did get 20kmpl+ during January with auto ac on and three passengers in the car.

For the just concluded trip, I was enjoying the hassle free DSG on Skoda Rapid Diesel And it did decent mileage figures too @ 19kmpl with four passengers in the car.
Diesel_Drives is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks