Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 17:15   #196
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Planning a trip to Rajasthan in October. Now, I'm in slight confusion regarding the return from Udaipur to Agra. I plan to visit Chittorgarh on the way and will start from Chittorgarh in the morning. Now Gmap shows the route as below -

Chittorgarh - Ladpura - Jahazpur - Deoli - Tonk - Dausa - Bharatpur - Agra.

However, it seems that a large part of the road upto Deoli is 2 laned one through lots of villages and towns. And Gmap shows that section in amber colour meaning high traffic.

I don't want to get stuck in miscellaneous traffic and considering the election fever would be in peak at that time in Rajasthan, I could lose lots of time in taking roads through towns and villages and getting stuck in some of those Mahajagaran, mahaparivartan rallies that our political class will unleash.

Can anyone point to any better option or that is the best option?
Old 13th February 2019, 19:58   #197
BHPian

I was planning a trip to Udaipur from Delhi in end March. I have seen many routes on the thread but with new roads opening up now and then I am confused which route would be the best. If anyone has gone recently on this route or has any idea please let me know. Also I prefer better roads even if it becomes a longer journey.

Thanks in advance!
Old 13th February 2019, 22:48   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post
I was planning a trip to Udaipur from Delhi in end March. I have seen many routes on the thread but with new roads opening up now and then I am confused which route would be the best. If anyone has gone recently on this route or has any idea please let me know. Also I prefer better roads even if it becomes a longer journey.

Thanks in advance!
I recently took the not so popular route on our return to Delhi from Mumbai: Udaipur-Nathdwara-Rajasmand-Beawar-Ajmer bypass-Jaipur bypass-Delhi. Between Rajsmand-Beawar the road is 2-laned.

Popular route: Udaipur-Nathdwara-Rajsmand-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Jaipur bypass-Delhi.
Old 13th February 2019, 23:09   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I recently took the not so popular route on our return to Delhi from Mumbai: Udaipur-Nathdwara-Rajasmand-Beawar-Ajmer bypass-Jaipur bypass-Delhi. Between Rajsmand-Beawar the road is 2-laned.

Popular route: Udaipur-Nathdwara-Rajsmand-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Jaipur bypass-Delhi.
First of all thank you for the routes, I wanted to know in which route are the roads better, mainly going to Udaipur by road because we just got a car.
Old 13th February 2019, 23:56   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruvtalwar View Post
First of all thank you for the routes, I wanted to know in which route are the roads better, mainly going to Udaipur by road because we just got a car.
I haven't travelled on the Kishangarh-bhilwara-rajasmand route recently, took this route back in September 2017. This route had more trucks, between Bhiwalara-Kishangarh. The road was full of potholes back then.

The other route which I prefer via Beawar-Rajasmand involves driving on 2-laned winding roads. The route is scenic albeit it passes thru couple of big towns.
Old 21st February 2019, 01:31   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanttalwar View Post

Thanks in advance!
I recently (1 month back) traveled from delhi to Vadodara by car. There is no confusion regarding Delhi to Jaipur road. Confusion arises once you reach kishangarh.

From Kishangarh to Udaipur, there are two routes available. First is the popular route, which is Kishangarh - Ajmer - Beawar - Bali - Deogarh - Rajsamand - Udaipur. Second route is Kishangarh - Nasirabad - Bijainagar - Bhilwara - Rajsamand - Udaipur.

While driving from Delhi to Vadodara, I took the first popular route via Beawar. However, this route is a two-lane road (Beawar to Rajsamand), no dividers, widening work is ongoing (but not extensively), less truck traffic, dotted with lot of small villages and unpredictable speed breakers which is the most annoying thing. This route is sparsely populated in night and I won't recommend to travel by this route. It will be difficult to get help in emergency on this route, especially during night.

While returning from Vadodara to Delhi, I took the second route form Udaipur ie via Rajsamand - Bhilwara - Bijainagar - Kishengarh. This route is very good. Rajsamand to Bhilwara is 4 lane newly constructed road with divider. From Bhilwara to Kishangarh, the entire stretch is 4 lane with divider and now it is being converted into 6 lane highway. There are diversions, but they don't slow you down. Entire stretch from Rajsamand to Kishangarh is not lonely and lot of hotels and other shops are available along the route. I felt, this second route via Bhilwara is safer to travel in night as compared to first route via Beawar. I will strongly recommend you to drive via Delhi - Jaipur - Kishangarh - Nasirabad - Bijainagar - Bhilwara - Rajsasmand - Udaipur.

Both routes are almost similar if you compare the distance (approx 400 km).
Nayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 23:51   #202
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
I recently (1 month back) traveled from delhi to Vadodara by car.
Which route would you recommend for Udaipur to Jaipur for daytime travel?

Last edited by ampere : 11th March 2019 at 07:20. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 22nd March 2019, 14:13   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
Which route would you recommend for Udaipur to Jaipur for daytime travel?
Sorry for late reply. While going from Udaipur to Jaipur (day as well as night), I will strongly recommend you to drive via Rajsamand - Bhilwara - Bijainagar - Nasirabad - Kishangarh - Jaipur. While returning from Jaipur to Udaipur, I will recommend to return via same route.
Old 13th July 2019, 19:41   #204
BHPian

Hi Forum,

Planning a trip to Jaipur in August, I usually drive around but thinking of flying from Pune to Jaipur this time. The planned itinerary is Pune->Jaipur by flight, couple of days halt at Jaipur, then Jaipur to Udaipur by road (trains are not available anymore, we are late), and then day trips around Udaipur (Chittorgarh fort, Ranakpur, Kumbhalgarh fort). Then a drive back from Udaipur to Jaipur and catching our flight back to Pune.

Our challenges are manifold, I have no idea how to commute from Jaipur to Udaipur and back. Is Zoomcar a sensible option? I am an experienced driver, but is that enough, or should I go with some local cab service, please advise. I would preferably like to use the same mode throughout our trip in Rajasthan, right back to the airport on the way back.

Also when landing in Jaipur, how do we get to the hotel etc, are the taxi services reliable there, do Uber/Ola work?

Stay is another area I need recommendations on both in Jaipur and Udaipur, safety is our foremost priority, so please suggested trusted hotels/resorts.

If I do decide to drive which is a good self-drive service in those areas, what are the tariffs like usually, and what routes should I follow.

This is my first time out of Maharashtra, so any tip however small would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Old 14th July 2019, 09:41   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,

1. Our challenges are manifold, I have no idea how to commute from Jaipur to Udaipur and back. Is Zoomcar a sensible option? I am an experienced driver, but is that enough, or should I go with some local cab service, please advise.

2. Also when landing in Jaipur, how do we get to the hotel etc, are the taxi services reliable there, do Uber/Ola work?

3. Stay is another area I need recommendations on both in Jaipur and Udaipur, safety is our foremost priority, so please suggested trusted hotels/resorts.

4. If I do decide to drive which is a good self-drive service in those areas, what are the tariffs like usually, and what routes should I follow.

Regards

1. Zoomcar and mychoize are the options available in Jaipur. Udaipur has parking at most of the places to visit. I suggest you to drive and explore the route.

2. Ola and Uber, both are available in Jaipur. Alternatively, you can check with your hotel for pick up/drop if you are arriving/departing in wee hours.

3. There are a lot of options from budget to 5 star near Jawahar circle. We, group of BHPians stayed at Bella Casa recently. The rooms are neat and clean, the food - not so good. Explore the options around this area, its closer to the airport. Jaipur is overall a safe city. For Udaipur, you can stay away from the hustle bustle of the main city at Justa Rajputana. I usually stop at Shree Narayana or Zade mount view for overnight stay when traveling to Mumbai.

4. I am not sure on the tariffs, you can check them online. If you decide to drive then your options are as follows:

- Via Beawar. Jaipur to Beawar is 6-laned, from Beawar onwards road turns 2-laned, passes thru a couple of busy towns. From Rajasmand till Udaipur is awesome 4-laned roads.

- Via Bhilwara-Rajasmand. This is throughout 6+4 laned road. Your best bet.

- Via Chittorgarh. If you plan to visit Chittorgarh take this route. You can make a quick detour and explore the beautiful remains of the chittor fort on top of a hill. The views are awesome! You can hire a guide at the entrance of the fort. They will hop into your car and take your around, just make sure not to buy anything from the shops where they will take you at the end of the tour.

If you want good winding roads, go via Beawar. This route has more speed breakers than the other two but is very scenic, especially in monsoon. The chittor route sees heavy truck traffic.

Beware of stray cattles, they are in huge numbers in Rajasthan. Enjoy your trip.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 22:48   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Planning a trip to Jaipur in August, I usually drive around but thinking of flying from Pune to Jaipur this time. The planned itinerary is Pune->Jaipur by flight, couple of days halt at Jaipur, then Jaipur to Udaipur by road (trains are not available anymore, we are late), and then day trips around Udaipur (Chittorgarh fort, Ranakpur, Kumbhalgarh fort). Then a drive back from Udaipur to Jaipur and catching our flight back to Pune.
I did Pune - Delhi - Pune last Diwali via Udaipur, Beawar, Jaipur route. If you are travelling in night then stick to Chittorgarh route because Beawar route is not very busy and does not have good options to halt in between.

We stayed in Justa Rajputana in Udaipur after reading recommendation by one of team-BHP member. It is a resort with good car parking space and near to many famous places. Room rates were around 4.5k that time.

Last edited by ampere : 30th September 2019 at 14:10. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
manish_symc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 12:33   #207
BHPian

Guys !

Need some advice about current road condition between Gurgaon > Udaipur ?
I am planning to visit the place middle of next week, and need some route recommendation and eating place on route.

Thinking about this >

Gurgaon > Jaipur > Kishangarh > Beawar > Bali > Nathdwara > Udaipur

I am planning to depart early - about 5 AM or so - would this be sufficient to avoid rush hour till Jaipur, or should I try for 4 AM ?
Old 17th September 2019, 16:17   #208
BHPian

Planning a road trip from Gurgaon to Udaipur. Anybody has done this leg recently - would be great to have road conditions update owing to the recent rains and preferred route to take. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th September 2019, 18:28   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
Planning a road trip from Gurgaon to Udaipur. Anybody has done this leg recently - would be great to have road conditions update owing to the recent rains and preferred route to take. Thanks in advance.
Pls check post#245 present in my thread -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...onship-17.html
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 13:03   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Pls check post#245 present in my thread -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...onship-17.html
Thanks ptaneja . I did the Gurgaon - Udaipur strecth last week.
For others help,my route was Gurgaon - Jaipur by pass - Kishangarh - Ajmer - Beawar - Rajsamand - Nathdwara- Udaipur

It's a delightful drive from Beawar and onwards, - it's green and in complete contrast to the arid scenes prior to that. Though a long stretch is without dividers - the views and lack of traffic more than makes up for it. Beware of cattle on the road though. It was raining while I was driving and the lush green views broke my bias and stereotypes for Rajasthan roads. More so because I had done the Gurgaon - Khimsar - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur in December 2018 , but Udaipur is in stark contrast to these.

Posting one pic I took from atop the Sajjangarh fort. The views and the small hills reminded my of the Shire from The Lord of the Rings
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries-img_9755.jpg  

Faramir is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks