Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 15:46   #106
BHPian

re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Pune - Khandala - Panvel - Belapur - Ghansoli - Thane - Ghodbandar Road - NH8
I left the toll road at Panvel and took the route as mentioned by you - however I was just wondering considering it took me so long to clear even at two in the morning - so thought let me cross check

Thanks

Old 20th January 2012, 20:22   #107
Senior - BHPian

Because almost all vehicular traffic coming from South & heading to North (read Punjab & Delhi) take this route..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
I left the toll road at Panvel and took the route as mentioned by you - however I was just wondering considering it took me so long to clear even at two in the morning - so thought let me cross check

Thanks

Old 21st January 2012, 09:07   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Because almost all vehicular traffic coming from South & heading to North (read Punjab & Delhi) take this route..
I tell you - I wonder why Punjab and Delhi spares no part of the country

My next drive would be Delhi to Kanyakumari and then Delhi to Pehalgaon

Old 1st February 2012, 16:46   #109
BHPian

Hi Fellas!

I have to leave for Udaipur on 25.02.2012 and am planning to leave Delhi by 4:30-5:00 am as i have to be in Udaipur the same day by say around 5:00 pm. Would appreciate if you guys could guide me about the route and any toher things i need to take care of.

Cheers
Old 1st February 2012, 17:24   #110
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Delhi udaipur is pretty simple. it will take 8 to 9 hrs. you can refer my TL. From Delhi till Kishangarh on NH8, From there take NH79 for Udaipur via Chittorgarh.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2645122

Last edited by v&v : 1st February 2012 at 17:27.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:53   #111
Team-BHP Support

What is the status of the 6 Lane on NH8? Any signs of progress and more importantly,
any signs of tending to completion?
Old 1st February 2012, 19:11   #112
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What is the status of the 6 Lane on NH8? Any signs of progress and more importantly, any signs of tending to completion?
As on September 2011, Mumbai to Surat: road widening almost completed, many flyover construction in progress. Surat to Vadodara: fully completed. Vadodara to Ahmedabad: NE1 only 4 lane expressway. No widening works taken up. Road widening in progress from Manesar towards Ajmer. Manesar to Delhi: fully completed.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 1st February 2012 at 19:16.
  (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 20:36   #113
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
What is the status of the 6 Lane on NH8? Any signs of progress and more importantly,
any signs of tending to completion?
As on last week of December, NH8 update

Delhi - Jaipur - lots of diversion but doable in 3.5 hrs in early morning hrs.
Jaipur bypass - God shape
Jaipur bypass near city - 2 major diversion. Very bad with high traffic.

Post that all the way till Udaipur top condition.
Udaipur bypass - messy

Udaipur - Ahmadabad - Till Shamlaji is newly laid.
Post shamlaji occational bad patches.

Ahmadabad - Mumbai - Over all in top shape except last 75 kms where widening is in progress.

Same holds good for Mumbai - Delhi.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 13:37   #114
BHPian

I am driving from Delhi to Jaipur on 10th Feb. Will leave around 2pm with target to reach around 7pm. Is 5 hours reasonable for a relaxed 90-100kmph driving?

Plan to take NH8 all through and get into the city via NH8 by pass road. Need to go to an area near railway station, Sindhi Camp.

Also are there many speed check posts by local police/ NHAI like there are on NH 1. Not that I will cross 90/100 kmpl but need to extra careful if so.

Driving to Jaipur for the first time. Any suggestions please?

Last edited by amit1234singla : 8th February 2012 at 13:48.
Old 8th February 2012, 13:57   #115
BHPian

With the time you have planned it for, it should be ok. I have had a horrible time entering/exiting Gurgaon in evenings due to the truck traffic.

I havent noticed much traffic police on this road ever. May be the others on the forum will give you more inputs.

Have a great drive.
womanonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 15:59   #116
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I am driving from Delhi to Jaipur on 10th Feb. Will leave around 2pm with target to reach around 7pm. Is 5 hours reasonable for a relaxed 90-100kmph driving?

Plan to take NH8 all through and get into the city via NH8 by pass road. Need to go to an area near railway station, Sindhi Camp.

Also are there many speed check posts by local police/ NHAI like there are on NH 1. Not that I will cross 90/100 kmpl but need to extra careful if so.

Driving to Jaipur for the first time. Any suggestions please?
You should make it in 5 hrs to Jaipur. You will find high traffic upto Dharuhera and post that the progress should be good. There is lots of diversion which will slow you down. I have never seen a speed check post on NH8 till now.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 19:30   #117

Hey guys,
Any updates on the NH8 from Manesar to Jaipur?
Planning to take it in mid august. Want to reach by mid day. What is the ideal time to leave?
Also, have heard that till a few months back, the SH25 route was considered better than the NH8 way. Does that still hold true?

Thanks for all replies in advance
Hamlet
Old 2nd August 2012, 15:41   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
Hey guys,
Any updates on the NH8 from Manesar to Jaipur?
Planning to take it in mid august. Want to reach by mid day. What is the ideal time to leave?
Also, have heard that till a few months back, the SH25 route was considered better than the NH8 way. Does that still hold true?

Thanks for all replies in advance
Hamlet
On 21st July 2012 I have done Delhi-Ajmer so as per that.

The NH-8 is good. If you are starting from Delhi, the early you leave from Delhi the better it will be. The diversions are mostly till Mansesar/Bilaspur, which ends up taking most of the time.
After Bilaspur it is mostly good till Jaipur.
The flyovers at kotputli and Behror are single lanes so the traffic moves very slowly there and which will take lot of your time. There are lot of slow moving traffic(Trcuks/tractors) in this route which also adds to slowness of traffic.

Rest of the route is pretty good.

It will be anyday better to stick to NH-8 only . The leg between Delhi to Jaipur can be done in 4-5 hours with 90-100 KMPH driving.
Old 16th November 2012, 10:19   #119
BHPian

Has anyone recently done Delhi-Udaipur? I heard that Delhi-Jaipur section had become really bad post-monsoons. I will be travelling to Udaipur in mid-december and following is the planned route:

NH 8 (Delhi – Kishangarh), NH 79A (Ajmer bypass), NH 79 (Nasirabad – Chittaurgarh), NH 76 (Chittaurgarh – Udaipur)

I have some queries related to this route:

1. How do i identify Jaipur bypass while approaching Jaipur from Delhi? Also, if i plan to take a break at Jaipur then is it possible to get onto the bypass from within Jaipur or do i need to come out of Jaipur and then get on the bypass?
2. I read somewhere that turn towards Chittaurgarh is well marked in Kishangarh, is it true or do i need to look out for some landmark to get on to the right highway to Chaittaurgarh?
Old 20th November 2012, 13:50   #120
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vikas,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post
Has anyone recently done Delhi-Udaipur? I heard that Delhi-Jaipur section had become really bad post-monsoons. I will be travelling to Udaipur in mid-december and following is the planned route:
I did Gurgaon - (Jaipur - Nasirabad - Beawar) - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - (Bikaner) - Gurgaon just this last week (10 to 13 November) and the Delhi - Jaipur stretch isn't bad (road surface-wise) by any stretch of imagination. However, there are the usual diversions and sudden, untimely and surprising traffic pile-ups (it took me 3+ hours just to cross Dharuhera from Gurgaon).

In general, though around 5:30 am would be the ideal time to be getting out of Gurgaon. This is around the time when truck traffic has died down enough but holiday traffic hasn't yet picked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Arora View Post
NH 8 (Delhi – Kishangarh), NH 79A (Ajmer bypass), NH 79 (Nasirabad – Chittaurgarh), NH 76 (Chittaurgarh – Udaipur)

I have some queries related to this route:

1. How do i identify Jaipur bypass while approaching Jaipur from Delhi? Also, if i plan to take a break at Jaipur then is it possible to get onto the bypass from within Jaipur or do i need to come out of Jaipur and then get on the bypass?
2. I read somewhere that turn towards Chittaurgarh is well marked in Kishangarh, is it true or do i need to look out for some landmark to get on to the right highway to Chaittaurgarh?
You do not need to enter Jaipur town to get on to the bypass. The bypass starts *much* earlier, from a place called Chandwaji. You'll see the road fork into two here. One road is on level ground, heading towards Jaipur. The other road, marked for "Mahindra Knowledge City" forks off to the left but ends up becoming a flyover over the one heading straight. Even if you miss this fork to the left, do not worry. There are conveniently placed U-turns on either side of the fork for you to backtrack if you overshoot.

It is therefore better *not* to halt at Jaipur if you want to use the bypass. Either halt in the NCR and start early, or stay overnight at Behror, which has a decent RTDC midway boarding & lodging facility.

The turn towards Chittorgarh and Nasirabad is quite well-marked at Kishangarh. You can't miss it. It's a huge interchange a little after the Kishangarh tollbooth of the GVK Expressway. You want to take the turn towards Nasirabad and not head straight towards Ajmer at this interchange. Like I said, it's well-marked and very easy to spot.

Have a nice trip!

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 20th November 2012 at 13:52.
spadix is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks