Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2020, 19:55   #226
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Hi Sahil, I had taken Kicks to Udaipur in January'20 when it was just 400 odd kms old. So it was restrained drive with limiting rpms to 2500. We have had a duster doing 170k kms prior to this, so ride quality is something I can always vouch for with this platform! The added advantage of placing (almost) anything in the boot makes your preparation/packing so easy. If I recall, we did get 20kmpl+ during January with auto ac on and three passengers in the car.
Thanks for the update. I am planning to take my Kicks on the same route albeit from Jaipur to Udaipur, hoping for an enjoyable ride.
Old 19th July 2020, 01:54   #227
BHPian

Are there any COVID19 related checks on the HR-RJ border?
Old 15th September 2020, 16:37   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Thanks for the update. I am planning to take my Kicks on the same route albeit from Jaipur to Udaipur, hoping for an enjoyable ride.
Hi Sahil, could you do this trip of yours? I recently did Del-Jaipur-Del day trip, and got reminded of your car and post.

Unfortunately on this sector, some crater sized potholes have come up and despite being careful and not driving at high speeds, I couldn't avoid them! Its specially bad on the Jaipur bypass while returning to Delhi. And as usual, I was anticipating Speed interceptors at the Jaipur bypass on either sides and they dint disappoint

Most of the dhabas, restaurants and food courts are back in action and all had sizeable crowd in the evening.

Last edited by Diesel_Drives : 15th September 2020 at 16:42. Reason: Text added
Old 15th September 2020, 19:55   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Drives View Post
Hi Sahil, could you do this trip of yours? I recently did Del-Jaipur-Del day trip, and got reminded of your car and post.

Unfortunately on this sector, some crater sized potholes have come up and despite being careful and not driving at high speeds, I couldn't avoid them! Its specially bad on the Jaipur bypass while returning to Delhi. And as usual, I was anticipating Speed interceptors at the Jaipur bypass on either sides and they dint disappoint

Most of the dhabas, restaurants and food courts are back in action and all had sizeable crowd in the evening.
Hi, I was not able to go on this route. However, I am planning to go to Vadodara by road in the month of November.

As far as Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi route is concerned, it’s surprising to read that the road conditions are not up to the mark. I think after the fly-over work was completed, this is the first time I am hearing someone complain about the road condition. Hope they get the condition sorted soon!
Old 3rd November 2020, 18:39   #230
BHPian

Hi Guys. I’m planning to take a Journey from Kundli (NCR) to Udaipur. I would be using the Western Peripheral Expressway from Kundli to Manser. How are the road conditions from Manesar till Udaipur? My ride is going to be a Skoda Karoq. Any new info on potholes, construction work and Interceptors?

Also if someone can share an ETA from Manesar to Udaipur, it would be good.
Thanks in advance.
Old 4th November 2020, 00:03   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
How are the road conditions from Manesar till Udaipur? Any new info on potholes, construction work and Interceptors?
While going towards Rajasthan, roads are better than the return side. Jaipur bypass is a mess and when you are around 10-15 km onto this, expect interceptors. One before toll and multiple after. Same way on return, when you are about to enter Jaipur, multiple before the toll. Some as close as within 2 km.

Quote:
Also if someone can share an ETA from Manesar to Udaipur.
Around 7-8 hours. Don’t take Bhilwara route as it’s a mess with a lot of diversions. Instead continue on Bewar and take Udaipur exit. It’s a 2 lane highway for 100 odd Kms but scenic and fast.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 00:14   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Around 7-8 hours. Don’t take Bhilwara route as it’s a mess with a lot of diversions. Instead continue on Bewar and take Udaipur exit. It’s a 2 lane highway for 100 odd Kms but scenic and fast.
Thanks for the update. So essentially I just have to control myself near Jaipur.? Rest of the way is clear of interceptors?

Is this the route you’re telling me about?Delhi - Jaipur - Udaipur : Route Queries-2bcb41e2c4354daba5282fa3989b2cbb.jpeg
G-Maps doesn’t even show the Bhilwara route as an option now. Maybe because of the diversions.
Old 4th November 2020, 00:54   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
Thanks for the update. So essentially I just have to control myself near Jaipur.? Rest of the way is clear of interceptors?
Please control your feet throughout the journey our highways are pretty unpredictable and full of surprises. I am sure it would be pretty difficult considering the car you have, but still be cautious.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 01:01   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Please control your feet throughout the journey our highways are pretty unpredictable and full of surprises. I am sure it would be pretty difficult considering the car you have, but still be cautious.
Yes, our highways are probably the only ones to have more stupid people turning up infront of high speed cars and causing accidents rather than animals.
I agree on controlling, did not mean my urges for adrenaline but the 90-100 speed limit is pretty stupid IMHO. I usually don’t look at the speed im doing and drive according to my comfort but, that range is usually between 110-140.

Still waiting on the govt to atleast increase speed limits on access controlled expressways
Old 18th November 2020, 12:58   #235

Hello Bhpins !
Just a quick query? I am planning a two day trip from Delhi to Jaipur and Sariska, can someone suggest me a good hotel at both the places. I am confused with the options on tripadvisor, my budget is 3-4k per night.

Thanks,
Pallav
Old 12th December 2020, 00:22   #236
BHPian

Any update on the Delhi Jaipur route considering the on going farmers agitation. Is it safe to travel and how are the road conditions ?
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 12:58   #237

Traveled to Jaipur & back on 9th. No roadblocks or protests. During my daily commute, see a lot of police personnel deployed at key junctions on the highway. Feels safe, but can't predict anything. The roads are average throughout. No major bumps/potholes or anything. Expect some heavy traffic and maniacs till Dharuhera. After that, should be a breeze to drive with some minor congestion at Behror, Kotputli and Shahpura.
Old 25th December 2020, 21:44   #238
BHPian

Can anyone brief me about the condition of road from Kota to Chittorgarh and further to Udaipur? I mean, the East-West Corridor in this section?
Old 25th December 2020, 23:47   #239
CDM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Can anyone brief me about the condition of road from Kota to Chittorgarh and further to Udaipur? I mean, the East-West Corridor in this section?

Brilliant. The road from Kota to Chittorgarh has been excellent for some time and I understand that the section from Chittorgarh to Udaipur has also recently been upgraded to six lane.

CDM
CDM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 14:06   #240
BHPian

Please do help me with your suggestions on good Dhabas on the Delhi-Jaipur-Delhi route. I'm a huge foodie and love to try the local cuisine. Traveling with my girlfriend, so would prefer popular places with clean washrooms.

Most Viewed