Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th May 2019, 14:24   #4396
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Driving to Goa in couple of weeks. (To be precise - Panaji)
After Goa, I am driving to Mangalore, So not interested to take Kumta - Ankola - Karwar from Bangalore as I will have to drive again through it enroute Mangalore. So is my next best option is via Hubli - Dharward which gmap says?
Yes, cross Dharwad on NH 44 and continue till Kittur or MK Hubli to make a left towards Khanapur-Jamboti-Chorla Ghat-Sanquelim-Bicholim-Mapusa-Panaji.
A word of caution. Roads from MK Hubli or Kittur were not great when I traveled few years ago. Also Chorla traffic is high due to Anmod closure and of course the roads are narrow. Just drive safe and carefully.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 22:19   #4397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
A word of caution. Roads from MK Hubli or Kittur were not great when I traveled few years ago. Also Chorla traffic is high due to Anmod closure and of course the roads are narrow. Just drive safe and carefully.
Sensing that this route will be slow and will need more travel time. I am considering to start the previous evening itself after work - Say 3pm. Is Davangere a suitable place to halt for the night in that case? Any decent hotel suggestions there, if any, please provide.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2019, 23:13   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Sensing that this route will be slow and will need more travel time. I am considering to start the previous evening itself after work - Say 3pm. Is Davangere a suitable place to halt for the night in that case? Any decent hotel suggestions there, if any, please provide.
Sankama boutique hotel on shamanoor road. Just 1km from highway. My usual stop when I make a stay enroute. Price point, around 2.5K per night. Good hotel with good rooms. I stayed while going during last trip. If making a stay just try Davanagere benne dosa at Sagar the old original hotel. I missed it this time.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 11:17   #4399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I stayed at Apoorva resorts last month - right next to the highway. Ample safe parking & a decent attached restaraunt. I would recommend it. Also you can book via Oyo.
ethanhunt123 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 22:31   #4400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Yes, cross Dharwad on NH 44 and continue till Kittur or MK Hubli to make a left towards Khanapur-Jamboti-Chorla Ghat-Sanquelim-Bicholim-Mapusa-Panaji.
What is the difference between Dharwad - Anmod - Panaji & Dharwad - Chorla Ghat - Panaji?

I have seen most of the suggestions in this thread are for Anmod route. Under present conditions any pros and cons between them?

Also, now I am considering to drive upto Hubli so that the next day can be a relaxed drive. Thanks for the suggestions at Davanagere. Now I am looking for a hotel option at Hubli. I read in previous pages Clarks Inn as one option.

EDIT:

I just read earlier post that Anmod route is closed.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 17th May 2019 at 22:40.
balenoed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2019, 23:40   #4401
BHPian

Quote:
What is the difference between Dharwad - Anmod - Panaji & Dharwad - Chorla Ghat - Panaji?

I have seen most of the suggestions in this thread are for Anmod route. Under present conditions any pros and cons between them?

Also, now I am considering to drive upto Hubli so that the next day can be a relaxed drive. Thanks for the suggestions at Davanagere. Now I am looking for a hotel option at Hubli. I read in previous pages Clarks Inn as one option.

EDIT:

I just read earlier post that Anmod route is closed.
Yes, Anmod is closed for widening work.

Difference between the two routes is First one enters Goa at Mollem and you can go via Ponda to Panaji, that is south to north. The second route enters north Goa near sanquelim and then via Mapusa you can reach Panaji which is north to north. Anmod (if operational) is ideal for south Goa and Chorla for north.

I am not much aware of good hotels in Hubli near highway. In Dharwad there is a good hotel Mandar Regency. I have stayed there a couple of times earlier. But that is not on/near highway. Staying at Dharwad may further reduce your next day drive by a few more KMs

Last edited by rajivtelang : 17th May 2019 at 23:46.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote