Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2019, 22:42   #4471
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Wasn't anmod undergoing a lane up gradation ? I read somewhere that the anmod ghats stretch had been closed for the past few months on account of the road works happening.
Here is a TOI article from 4 days ago. Anmod is still closed for road work, so am a bit confused on contradictory news that its now open for traffic.

Quote:
The Chorla Ghat highway saw a landslide, which blocked all heavy traffic movement between Goa and Karnataka. As the
Anmod Ghat route is already shut for sometime now for highway expansion work, Chorla Ghat was the only road route at
present connecting Goa to Karnataka. If the road is not cleared shortly, essential supplies like vegetables, for which Goa largely
relies on Belgaum will be affected.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/70548768.cms
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 11:28   #4472

I am also travelling to Goa on 14th.
Attached what Google Map is showing.

Probably I would be taking below route :
Bangalore - Kunigal - Yadiyur - Channarayapatna - Arsikere - Kadur - Tarikere - Bhadravati - Ayanur - Yadehalli - Sagar - Honnavar - Kumta - Karwar - Kumta - Vasco
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-20190812_11h19_28.jpg  

nayannilank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 11:52   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Good to read this article. Thanks for the update. Need to visit home in last week of August. At least one route is open now.
I hope by last week of August you will have option of travelling through Chorla or Karwar. I would not recommend Anmod ghat as it is still incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
Anyone travelling via Anmod, please update status and road conditions. As per earlier post, it seems to have been opened for traffic, but Google maps still shows its closed.
Will be travelling from BLR on the 15th. I believe NH4 upto Hubli is fine, is that correct?
Rohan, it is still closed for traffic. Since there was no option for locals to travel when Chorla ghat was closed, they opted to travel through incomplete Anmod ghat. Even I was under impression ghat is opened officially but that is not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Here is a TOI article from 4 days ago. Anmod is still closed for road work, so am a bit confused on contradictory news that its now open for traffic.
SR-71, locals are using this ghat despite being incomplete.

Sincere apologies if post by me has created confusion.

Update from Local News Channel
Ertigiat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 13:34   #4474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertigiat View Post
..Rohan, it is still closed for traffic. Since there was no option for locals to travel when Chorla ghat was closed, they opted to travel through incomplete Anmod ghat. Even I was under impression ghat is opened officially but that is not the case....
Thanks, no issues.
Could you suggest a route to take for coming to Goa from Bangalore?
Now that Chorla, Anmod and even Amboli ghats are closed, it looks like the route thru yellapur - Ankola - Karwar is my only option?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 21st August 2019 at 09:44. Reason: edited quoted post
Old 12th August 2019, 16:27   #4475
BHPian

Thanks guys for the inputs on the route/road conditions. I am travelling from Bangalore on morning of Aug.15. Will likely take the Sirsi-Kumta route. Please keep this thread updated with the latest developments. thanks again!!

regards,

Wagoner
Old 12th August 2019, 22:10   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayannilank View Post
Bangalore - Kunigal - Yadiyur - Channarayapatna - Arsikere - Kadur - Tarikere - Bhadravati - Ayanur - Yadehalli - Sagar - Honnavar - Kumta - Karwar - Kumta - Vasco
Me too traveling on 14th morning. Planning to take the same route. Hope to catch up en-route. If you find any updates on road conditions, do keep sharing.
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 22:54   #4477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Me too traveling on 14th morning. Planning to take the same route. Hope to catch up en-route. If you find any updates on road conditions, do keep sharing.
I'm planning to travel on 15th morning. Would be of great help if you could share status of road conditions on your date of travel.

Thanks.
Rohan24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 23:43   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, no issues.
Could you suggest a route to take for coming to Goa from Bangalore?
Now that Chorla, Anmod and even Amboli ghats are closed, it looks like the route thru yellapur - Ankola - Karwar is my only option?
That has been the traditional bus route for many years now. However the roads between yellapur and ankola were closed until friday due to flooding. Please check up on the current status. I believe there was an update about someone successfully using the haveri - sirsi - kumta - ankola - karwar strech this weekend. One could use this stretch as an option to reach goa.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm planning to travel on 15th morning. Would be of great help if you could share status of road conditions on your date of travel.

Thanks.
+1 to that. It would immensely help if folks driving on 14th update the thread on the road conditions. I am still open to driving on 15th depending on positive responses
SR-71 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 01:11   #4479
BHPian

Folks, IMD's forecast for the next 2 days in Goa is not encouraging. People who have plans to drive on 14th August, please read this

https://www.aninews.in/news/national...0190812231312/

Last edited by SR-71 : 13th August 2019 at 01:13.
Old 13th August 2019, 10:43   #4480

Even I am traveling to Goa on 14th August through the same route : Bangalore - Kunigal - Yadiyur - Channarayapatna - Arsikere - Kadur - Tarikere - Bhadravati - Ayanur - Yadehalli - Sagar - Honnavar - Kumta - Karwar - Vasco

Hopefully things should be fine (fingers crossed).
Jab okhli mein sir diya to musal se kya darna.

I will update the road condition after reaching Goa.
nayannilank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 10:50   #4481

Quote:
Suryendu, share your contact details at nilank.misc@gmail.com
I will be leaving pretty early, 3 am types.
Old 13th August 2019, 12:21   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayannilank View Post
Even I am traveling to Goa on 14th August through the same route : Bangalore - Kunigal - Yadiyur - Channarayapatna - Arsikere - Kadur - Tarikere - Bhadravati - Ayanur - Yadehalli - Sagar - Honnavar - Kumta - Karwar - Vasco

Hopefully things should be fine (fingers crossed).
Jab okhli mein sir diya to musal se kya darna.

I will update the road condition after reaching Goa.
Thanks mate, much appreciated. We're planning to stick to NH4 for as long as possible and therefore want to know which is the best place to exit NH4 for Sirsi, if we're to take the Sirsi - Kumta route.
Does anyone know which is the best route for Sirsi from, say, Davangere or Ranebennur?
Old 13th August 2019, 13:27   #4483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate, much appreciated. We're planning to stick to NH4 for as long as possible and therefore want to know which is the best place to exit NH4 for Sirsi, if we're to take the Sirsi - Kumta route.
Does anyone know which is the best route for Sirsi from, say, Davangere or Ranebennur?
Take via Haveri. Broad road.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 13th August 2019 at 13:28.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 20:39   #4484

My plan is to drive early morning 15th to South Goa. Would like to get advise from folks who made it on 14th to know how long it took to reach, so I can plan to start as early as possible..thanks in advance...
rachis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 22:47   #4485
BHPian

So my dad called up Ksrtc and enquired about their Goa Airavat services. Services resumed today and apparently they'll be taking the usual route via Karwar. Which would mean that the Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar route is open. Please correct me if I'm wrong about Airavat's usual route.
Rohan24 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks