Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2021, 15:08   #5146
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipinprasad View Post
Drove to Palolem beach (South Goa) on 12th April by taking the following route
Bangalore - Davangere (NH48) - Shiggaon - Tadas - Kalaghatagi- Yellapur- Ankola- Karwar- Palolem

Road Condition: Overall Good and generally pothole free. The SH section between Shiggaon and Karwar is without medians . Expansion work on the highways and patch work on the stretch between Tadas-Kalaghatgi is on.

Road Condition: The stretch between Yellapur to Haveri is better than the Yellpaur-Shiggaon stretch (the Kalaghatagi route). You drive through nice patches of forests between Yellapur and Bankapura if you take this road. Enjoyed the Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Hello wantarangerover,
Do you have any update on Tinai Ghat (NH 748) to Anmod Check Post road condition ! Hope this concrete road work would have been completed by now..
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
I travelled this route today, take note that this diversion road has been taken up for repairs and is fully laden with gravel for quite a distance when coming from Anmod checkpost side, and some part was scrapped. Got stuck at a point for almost 20minutes in the morning as the road was completely blocked with heaps of gravel which was later cleared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunak117 View Post
+1 I reached this place at around 1pm yesterday and the road was closed. I had to then take the Khanapur route which slowed me down a lot. Will recommend everyone taking the Karwar route (even if that is longer from North Goa) till this is sorted out.
@Vipinprasad, How was the road condition of Tadas to Kalaghatgi SH1 village road, can you specifically confirm? You seem to say patch work was ON in this section, so one may expect it to be in better condition now being patched? Just needing an affirmation.

If anybody else have travelled Tadas to Kalaghatgi recently, than please share if this route is ok to opt in current rainy season?

Same question about Tinai Ghat to Anmod Checkpost main road (NH 748) AND/OR the narrow forest diversion road to bypass this section via Varlewadi & Akheti; if anybody have travelled through Anmod route recently, please share status of Tinai Ghat to Anmod checkpost straight/main road or the detour forest route?

During current monsoon times and with current route conditions reports/awareness from different sources, will appreciate any recommendation regarding which of the two route is suitable/preferable for Cavelossim presently, dhardwad - Anmod - mollem route or Tadas - Kalaghatgi - Karwar route?
Old 19th July 2021, 20:27   #5147

Hey everyone,

We're (my wife, our two retrievers and myself) are traveling from Whitefield to Candolim. It's been a while since we drove long distance and it would be the first time we're traveling with our babies. We are prepping for the trip with short drives in and around BLR so they are comfortable with their backseat arrangements.

Looking at route options where the roads aren't too bumpy (else one of them will get car sick). I don't mind a longer route if it's smoother and without dramatic turns or twists or potholes.

We also don't mind splitting the route with a stopover along the way if anyone has any pet friendly stops we could consider.

I see a ton of suggestions and notices of bad roads as well as good here and I'm actually at a loss for what might work best for us.

Please help!
Old 29th July 2021, 13:20   #5148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throtttle View Post

Same question about Tinai Ghat to Anmod Checkpost main road (NH 748) AND/OR the narrow forest diversion road to bypass this section via Varlewadi & Akheti; if anybody have travelled through Anmod route recently, please share status of Tinai Ghat to Anmod checkpost straight/main road or the detour forest route?
I just returned from Goa on the 27th of July. The Anmod to Tinai section on NH748 is still a nightmare. I tried but had to turn back after 2 kms and take the forest road from Anmod checkpost. The entry to this road right after the checkpost is terrible for about 100 metres. After this the road is quite smooth and mostly in great condition.

There are 2 to 3 diversions around Davangere and a few more (can't recall where exactly) but mostly the 6-laning work is complete on the BLR-Pune highway and was a breeze. The diversions are also not too bad and were easily navigable.

The road in red is still not complete. I had to backtrack.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot-20210729-132633.png  

Last edited by viper_711 : 29th July 2021 at 13:31.
viper_711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 13:22   #5149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Hi,

is there any restrictions ( E-PASS etc) travelling from Bangalore to GOA ?
I was not asked for any e-pass at the Mollem checkpost last week. RT-PCR is compulsory though and was duly checked and entered into a register by the local cops.
viper_711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 00:05   #5150
BHPian

I知 planning to drive from Bangalore to South Goa on Sunday. The route I知 planning to take: Bangalore - Davangere- Ranebennur - Haveri - Bankapura - Mungdod - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - Palolem ( Goa).
I値l be taking this route for the first time. Has anybody taken this route recently? How are the roads currently, given the monsoon showers. Also, is shiggaon- tadas-kalaghatgi route preferred over mungdod for Haveri to Yellapur section?

I知 getting RT-PCR done as I have learned that it痴 mandatory for crossing border irrespective of vaccination status.
Old 7th August 2021, 10:29   #5151
BHPian

I have taken this route Gokarna - Kumta - Yellapur - Mundgod - Bankapur - (NH-44) - Bangalore. The road conditions are good throughout. There are a few construction zones on NH-44.
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 21:38   #5152
BHPian

Narayan,

Would you know the condition of Tadas - Kalghatgi - Yellapur section ?

Driving down to Goa on 14th August with family (wife/kid) hence skeptical of taking the Mundgod route due to the relatively sparsely populated sections in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post
I have taken this route Gokarna - Kumta - Yellapur - Mundgod - Bankapur - (NH-44) - Bangalore. The road conditions are good throughout. There are a few construction zones on NH-44.
Old 7th August 2021, 21:43   #5153
BHPian

No, I don't have an idea. I was navigated through Mundgod by Google Maps and I didn't find any challenge. I would suggest not to worry and drive safe :-)
ccnarayanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 22:34   #5154
BHPian

Cool thanks. I have taken the Mundgod route a few years ago (i think 2016) but was driving alone. Its quite lovely and the sparse surroundings actually enabled some spirited driving as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post
No, I don't have an idea. I was navigated through Mundgod by Google Maps and I didn't find any challenge. I would suggest not to worry and drive safe :-)
Old 7th August 2021, 22:44   #5155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Cool thanks. I have taken the Mundgod
Someone I know had taken this route last month and said it was fine.
Between Mundgod and Yellapura, road isn't that wide, so when vehicle comes from opposite direction you need to get off the road a bit, due to this road becomes muddy and you tend to skid of braking hard. So just be careful of that if raining.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 02:45   #5156
BHPian

Thanks for the headsup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Someone I know had taken this route last month and said it was fine.
Between Mundgod and Yellapura, road isn't that wide, so when vehicle comes from opposite direction you need to get off the road a bit, due to this road becomes muddy and you tend to skid of braking hard. So just be careful of that if raining.
Old 8th August 2021, 09:45   #5157
BHPian

Any update on the Ramnagar- Tinai - Anmod ghat route?
Few weeks back heard it was closed for traffic.

Last edited by diogo : 8th August 2021 at 09:46. Reason: Correct spelling
Old 8th August 2021, 22:42   #5158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
I知 planning to drive from Bangalore to South Goa on Sunday.
Did you do this today? Any updates on the route condition and also on if there is an RTPCR requirement to enter Goa?
Old 9th August 2021, 07:00   #5159
BHPian

I drove Yesterday from Bangalore to South Goa. Took this route - Tumkur - Chitradurga - Davangere - Ranebennur - Haveri - Bankapura - Mundgod - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - South Goa.

The Bankapura - Mundgod section goes through half a dozen villages and roads are a bit bumpy - but nothing too bad. Single carriageway all the way from Bankapura to Ankola. In Bankapura - Mundgod section, whenever a vehicle comes from the opposite direction - one of the 2 vehicles have to get slightly off the road in order to pass - but we didn't come across too many vehicles - so not that big an issue as such. One needs to take a 100m connecting mud road from NH48 to SH6 at Bankapura Toll.
Road repair work is going on on NH52 b/w Yellapur and Ankola - we lost about 1 hour there - only one way traffic being allowed at a time.
Took us a total of 8 hrs drive + 1 hr break + 1 hr traffic jam from South Blr to South Goa (8:30 am - 6:30 pm).

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Did you do this today? Any updates on the route condition and also on if there is an RTPCR requirement to enter Goa?
Yes, Police is strictly checking RT PCR report at the border checkpost - so, please make sure you get one before you travel.

Last edited by texens : 9th August 2021 at 07:04.
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 11:08   #5160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post

Yes, Police is strictly checking RT PCR report at the border checkpost - so, please make sure you get one before you travel.
Thanks for this. There are lots of news reports quoting the CM where he says either two dose certificate or Negative report, but haven't found any Govt order stating the same.

When you say RT-PCR - do you mean COVID negative certificate, as Goa mandates any ICMR approved test report (RAT, Igg, RTPCR etc).

Thanks

V-drive

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks