Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2021, 11:27   #5161
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
When you say RT-PCR - do you mean COVID negative certificate, as Goa mandates any ICMR approved test report (RAT, Igg, RTPCR etc).
V-drive
I also had the exact same query, and then I came across a notification by South Goa SDM mandating RT-PCR negative irrespective of vaccination status. The only exception to the above is for people entering Goa for work/business or if they are residents of Goa. This notification was to be enforced till 9th Aug. I believe they should bring out a new notification today (if not already done so) in this regard.
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 16:08   #5162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
I believe they should bring out a new notification today (if not already done so) in this regard.
Please provide if there is any further update on RTPCR requirement to enter Goa. Also, are you expecting to take RTPCR again for your return entry to KA?

Sorry: diverting from route queres. But the info here is more updated.
Old 9th August 2021, 16:58   #5163
BHPian

As per my host in Goa, folks coming in from KA have to mandatorily carry RTPCR reports even if fully vaccinated else Rapid Anti-gen testing is done on Goa border which involves waiting in queues.

Further, KA visitors who have recently left from Goa as of 4th Aug havent had to undertake a RTPCR test for the return leg.

As this information is not from official source, would be great if someone can also corroborate from their knowledge or provide correct info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Please provide if there is any further update on RTPCR requirement to enter Goa. Also, are you expecting to take RTPCR again for your return entry to KA?

Sorry: diverting from route queres. But the info here is more updated.
Old 12th August 2021, 15:36   #5164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Narayan,

Would you know the condition of Tadas - Kalghatgi - Yellapur section ?

Driving down to Goa on 14th August with family (wife/kid) hence skeptical of taking the Mundgod route due to the relatively sparsely populated sections in between.
I'm driving down to goa on 14th as well, though I'm planning North Goa so wondering if I should take anumod ghat road
Old 12th August 2021, 22:07   #5165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupaparna View Post
I'm driving down to goa on 14th as well, though I'm planning North Goa so wondering if I should take anumod ghat road
I read on the Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries thread that the Chorla ghat route is in good condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has just driven from Goa to Bangalore via the Chorla Ghat. He says that the Chorla Ghat is in good condition and he did not experience any real bad roads. Just the odd pothole which can easily be avoided and a couple of rough patches - which have always been there. He was driving a Baleno.
This run was done 3 days ago.

Cheers,
SS
Old 14th August 2021, 10:30   #5166
BHPian

This is the order from South Goa SDM I was referring to - https://www.goa.gov.in/wp-content/up...-South-Goa.pdf
[ATTACH=144-order-dated-01-Aug-2021-South-Goa.pdf]2192634[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 144-order-dated-01-Aug-2021-South-Goa.pdf (765.3 KB, 162 views)
Old 16th August 2021, 10:38   #5167
BHPian

Route update : Did the Blr - Chitradurga - Haveri - Tadas - Kalghatgi - Yellapur - Karwar - South Goa drive on 14th Aug.

Distance covered : 650 kms, Drive time ~ 10.5 hours.

Key highlights :

1. Diversions post Chitradurga have reduced significantly, I can remember 5 or 6. Out of these 2 have poor service roads, progress was smooth on others.
2. Roads overall ok to good, Tadas - Kalghatgi is broken/potholed ridden in parts, overall bit slow progress compared to before but nothing major.
3. Arabail Ghat is in not so good condition, broken roads on curves, in some places road work being done. Again impacts progress but not by much
4. RTPCR mandatorily checked at Goa Border, process was quick.

Uneventful drive otherwise. Noticed that there were no barriers on few of the tolls but my Fastag did get debited. Seems drive thru Toll collection is being implemented.

Recently read that KA is making RTPCR test mandatory for returning travelers from MH/Kerala. Does anyone know if its required for Goa returnees as well ?

Quote:
As per my host in Goa, folks coming in from KA have to mandatorily carry RTPCR reports even if fully vaccinated else Rapid Anti-gen testing is done on Goa border which involves waiting in queues.

Further, KA visitors who have recently left from Goa as of 4th Aug havent had to undertake a RTPCR test for the return leg.

As this information is not from official source, would be great if someone can also corroborate from their knowledge or provide correct info.
Old 16th August 2021, 11:14   #5168
BHPian

Quote:
Recently read that KA is making RTPCR test mandatory for returning travelers from MH/Kerala. Does anyone know if its required for Goa returnees as well ?
I travelled same route as yours for the onward journey. While returning I took the Anmod ghat route yesterday and can confirm that we were not asked for RTPCR at Goa-Karnataka border.
Rahul_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 12:14   #5169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
I travelled same route as yours for the onward journey. While returning I took the Anmod ghat route yesterday and can confirm that we were not asked for RTPCR at Goa-Karnataka border.
Which route did you take post Anmod checkpost? did you take the diversion to Ramnagar via the Bhimgad sanctuary road? If so how was the condition till Dharwad?
Old 16th August 2021, 12:28   #5170
BHPian

Quote:
Route update : Did the Blr - Chitradurga - Haveri - Tadas - Kalghatgi - Yellapur - Karwar - South Goa drive on 14th Aug.

4. RTPCR mandatorily checked at Goa Border, process was quick.
Are they checking/mandating for RT-PCR inspite of being fully vaccinated?
Old 16th August 2021, 13:11   #5171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
The fully Vaccinated certificate is acceptable only if you have a permanent resident proof of Goa.

I travelled to Goa on 12th and returned on 15th. Took the Hubli-Dharwad - Ramnagar - Tinai-Anmod check post-Mollem route on both sides. The road is almost in pre-rains state, although there are some new bad stretches which slow you down. For sure it will be tough for a low GC car like city, but others can manage and SUVs can manage easily.

The ghats are wet, and visibility is low, but managable.

Mollem check post is checking ICMR approved test. RAT/RT-PCR/Igg etc. Although when we reached there, they were just asking the driver of the car to get down and show all reports and enter. So, no verification if the report which is being shown is actually of the passenger sitting inside or not.

Few cops also standing there, who are looking to make some fast revenue by either - Mask on the chin while driving/Tinted films/XYZ excuse.

Goa is opening up, slowly. But has suffered a lot due to the pandemic. Lets hope the state gets back to its feet soon.

Regards
v-drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 16:25   #5172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-drive View Post
The fully Vaccinated certificate is acceptable only if you have a permanent resident proof of Goa.

I travelled to Goa on 12th and returned on 15th. Took the Hubli-Dharwad - Ramnagar - Tinai-Anmod check post-Mollem route on both sides. The road is almost in pre-rains state, although there are some new bad stretches which slow you down. For sure it will be tough for a low GC car like city, but others can manage and SUVs can manage easily.

The ghats are wet, and visibility is low, but managable.

Mollem check post is checking ICMR approved test. RAT/RT-PCR/Igg etc. Although when we reached there, they were just asking the driver of the car to get down and show all reports and enter. So, no verification if the report which is being shown is actually of the passenger sitting inside or not.

Few cops also standing there, who are looking to make some fast revenue by either - Mask on the chin while driving/Tinted films/XYZ excuse.

Goa is opening up, slowly. But has suffered a lot due to the pandemic. Lets hope the state gets back to its feet soon.

Regards
is Tinai Ghat to Anmod Checkpost road work completed ?
Old 16th August 2021, 18:34   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
is Tinai Ghat to Anmod Checkpost road work completed ?
No, You still have to take a detour via Bhimgad Sanctuary Road.

Quote:
RT-PCR is still required if you are not a resident of Goa.

Quote:
Which route did you take post Anmod checkpost? did you take the diversion to Ramnagar via the Bhimgad sanctuary road? If so how was the condition till Dharwad?
The condition was bad only at small stretches, My Vento could do it with ease without underbody being hit even once so mostly any SUV or car with moderate ground clearance should be able to do it with a little attention from the driver.

The road through the sanctuary is narrow but the tarmac is okay at 95%+ places.
Once you cross it - road condition till Dharwad is good (nothing to complain of).
Rahul_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 01:04   #5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Interesting....we returned on 18th via Karwar yellapur route and were asked for rtpcr while entering Karnataka. We did not have it ( we are fully vaccinated ) as we had done rtpcr just few days ago to enter goa, but they did not listen and made us do RAT test ( they have a stall set up at the border for this purpose ). Cost was 270 per person and 15 mins wait
Old 22nd August 2021, 10:21   #5175
BHPian

I completed the Blr - Goa round trip last week.

8th Aug: South Bangalore to South Goa
Started from home at 8:30 am and reached South Goa at 6:30 pm. This includes about an hour of food breaks and an hour stuck in traffic jam in the ghat section (after Yellapur) due to landslide/road repair work. We carried breakfast/snacks from home, and didn't stop anywhere for food.
Route taken: I took the NH48 all the way till Bankapura toll, and then SH6 to Yellapur via Mungdod (I didn't go via Tadas/Kalaghatgi). This is a single lane village road, and whenever there is a car coming from the opposite direction, one of the cars have to get one set of wheels off the road. This wasn't much of a problem - thanks to the good GC on Brezza. This road has lots of sharp speed breakers as it passes through several villages. Pos Yellapur, we took NH52 to Ankola, and NH 66 all the way to South Goa. We had to show RT-PCR negative at the KA-Goa checkpost right after Karwar.

Return journey:
15th Aug: South Goa to South Blr
Started from the hotel at 10:30 am and reached Bangalore at 8 pm. Took the exact same route on the way back. No Covid checking at any border post while entering Karnataka. We took a lunch break at Apoorva Resorts, Davangere at 3:30 pm (were just in time before the kitchen closed). The service was decently fast, tables were at appropriate distance from each other, and they had ample parking space. We were in and out in less than 30 minutes.
texens is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks