Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 16:23   #4726
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Is Chorla route open?

Not related to Bangalore - Goa route, but I am going to do Pune - Goa, but I am interested in recent update about Chorla ghat road. A lot of confusing news about what roads are open and what not recently.
Yes it is. Nice roads.!
CorsaLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 12:48   #4727
BHPian

My friend is planning to take a trip to Goa this weekend. Given so many inputs on Anmod ghat being closed, google shows two alternate routes between Dharwad and Molem. Please suggest if these alternate routes are open.

Route 1 and 2 are attached with diversions.

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-1.jpg

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-2.jpg

If these are not, how is the route through Amboli Ghat. Is Amboli ghat good for a first-timer on ghats?

-DB
Old 17th December 2019, 13:37   #4728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeast View Post
My friend is planning to take a trip to Goa this weekend.

If these are not, how is the route through Amboli Ghat. Is Amboli ghat good for a first-timer on ghats?

-DB
Where's the destination in Goa ?? If North Goa, although not really recommended, but since you have asked it, let me tell you that Belgaum--Amboli ghat is all good to go. Belgaum to KA--MH border is bad and ridden with potholes but not much to worry as such as its only 10 kms. The road in Maharashtra is a mix of supersmooth and decent patchy surface. Entire route is pleasant with surrounding lush green fields and hills further on. Amboli ghat is in excellent buttersmooth condition. A first timer on this or any such similar ghat needs to be very cautious, generally speaking.

Coming from Bangalore side and crossing over Belgaum city towards Amboli route is faster and luckily has no roads u/c in Belgaum city as compared to coming from Mumbai/Pune and heading towards Chorla/Anmod route for Goa. I am saying this because I have been advising against entering Belgaum city in other threads for Mumbai/Pune folks heading to Chorla/Goa. But for Bangalore--Belgaum--Amboli no need to worry for now

Last edited by vivek95 : 17th December 2019 at 13:41.
Old 17th December 2019, 14:43   #4729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
But for Bangalore--Belgaum--Amboli no need to worry for now
Is this the only option for Bangalore - North Goa?

As per CorsaLove, Chorla is good except a few small stretches near Khanapur.

Any update on getting to Anmod ghat other than from Ramnagar?
Old 17th December 2019, 15:14   #4730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Is this the only option for Bangalore - North Goa?

As per CorsaLove, Chorla is good except a few small stretches near Khanapur.

Any update on getting to Anmod ghat other than from Ramnagar?
No not at all. Bangalore--Amboli ghat--North Goa is a way longer route and hence was never suggested for the same unless someone wanted to visit Amboli on the way.

Presently Belgaum city is in a messy state due to under construction of roads, so not recommend for either Mumbai/Pune OR Bangalore to Chorla via Belgaum. Even otherwise it was always advised to skip Belgaum and take the Bangalore--Kittur--Bidi--Khanapur--Jamboti--Chorla route to North Goa. This in the wake of Anmod ghat getting closed. I know for sure that Bidi--Khanapur--Jamboti road is decent to good as I had driven just last week. I am not sure how is Kittur--Bidi, should be doable hopefully. Chorla route further on is mostly good but bad in the ghat per se.

Khanapur--Bhimgad wildlife sanctuary--Anmod is another good option to get to Anmod ghat and the road is absolutely good ( personal driving experience as of last week ). To get to Anmod from Bangalore as of now, you can take Bangalore--Kittur--Bidi--Khanapur--Bhimgad WLS--Anmod. However I don't know if Anmod ghat per se is officially open for traffic. I asked the locals over there and they said its unofficially open. Hope BHPian @Ertigiat pitches in on this.

Hope I have not confused you Please feel free to ask me if you need more details.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 15:20   #4731
BHPian

Quote:

Hope I have not confused you Please feel free to ask me if you need more details.
Thanks. Not confusing. I am looking at the Bhimghad WLS route though, if Anmod accessibility is confirmed, if not than Chorla it is via Kittur - Bidi - Khanapur - Jamboti.
diogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 15:38   #4732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
Thanks. Not confusing. I am looking at the Bhimghad WLS route though, if Anmod accessibility is confirmed, if not than Chorla it is via Kittur - Bidi - Khanapur - Jamboti.
In 2 days, I would be again driving to Belgaum from Mumbai, for some work at my home there. Will try to get ground report on Anmod if possible. Its a matter of 3-4 hours for me to explore any of the 4 routes from Belgaum to Goa ( Amboli, Tilari, Chorla, Anmod )

Last edited by vivek95 : 17th December 2019 at 15:44.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 17:38   #4733
BHPian

Dear all,

Driving BLR-GOA this Friday by Creta (1.6P), expected departure by 2PM.

Looking for suggestions on below:
- A good family hotel for overnight stay on NH near Hubli/Dharwad.
- Recommended route to Margao (destination) from Hubli/Dharwad, choose between Anmod and Chorla.

Thank you in advance !

Last edited by sary : 17th December 2019 at 17:39. Reason: Editorial correction
Old 17th December 2019, 17:57   #4734
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
- A good family hotel for overnight stay on NH near Hubli/Dharwad.
Some of the hotels recommended on this thread earlier were Denissions, Clarks Inn, President at Hubli and these are close to the bypass. Please search/read up on earlier posts by Parag and others.
Old 17th December 2019, 23:32   #4735
BHPian

Quote:
No not at all. Bangalore--Amboli ghat--North Goa is a way longer route and hence was never suggested
Thanks for your detailed feedback, but I plan to travel from Hampi to Candolim which essentially means taking either Chorla or Anmod. I am just hoping that the crater issue is resolved/confirm that it's doable even if it's open only unofficially. Any further confirmation will be great. Worst case I have to do Karwar circuit which will just make matters worse.
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 23:44   #4736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Thanks for your detailed feedback, but I plan to travel from Hampi to Candolim which essentially means taking either Chorla or Anmod. I am just hoping that the crater issue is resolved/confirm that it's doable even if it's open only unofficially. Any further confirmation will be great. Worst case I have to do Karwar circuit which will just make matters worse.
When are you travelling ?? May be by Friday I will update something worthful here. You are better off taking Hampi--Hubli--Kittur--Bidi--Khanapur--Jamboti--Chorla ghat--Sanquelim--Marcel--Banastarim junction--Ribandar bypass--Panjim--Mandovi bridge--Candolim.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 03:19   #4737
BHPian

Quote:
When are you travelling ?? May be by Friday I will update something worthful here. You are better off taking Hampi--Hubli--Kittur--Bidi--Khanapur--Jamboti--Chorla ghat--Sanquelim--Marcel--Banastarim junction--Ribandar bypass--Panjim--Mandovi bridge--Candolim.
This stretch I will be doing on 25th Dec. I will look forward to your inputs thanks.
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 09:14   #4738
Senior - BHPian

We will be driving to Goa on this Saturday, 21 December. If anyone has used Anmod route in the last few days kindly provide latest status.
Old 19th December 2019, 17:23   #4739

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
We will be driving to Goa on this Saturday, 21 December. If anyone has used Anmod route in the last few days kindly provide latest status.
I went to Goa on 13th and returned on 15 via Anmod.

While going I took the Ramnagar-Anmod-Mollem-Ponda route. The road is not officially open road closed boards are on the way, but many cars were going that way and we took our's too. Roads till Ramnagar is good, Ramnagar to Mollem is where the constructions happens. Almost 75% of the roads are concreted with small muddy patches in between. The last 25%(may be 3-4 kms) is still under construction and a little difficult to drive, though can manage easily with bigger cars. At some places, the construction trucks made deep tire marks and can scrape the bottom of smaller cars.

Returned via Ponda-Mollem-Anmod-Khanapur-Kittur. Barring some bad patches in Anmod-Khanapur section the roads are pretty good.
roshithr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 18:42   #4740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshithr View Post
I went to Goa on 13th and returned on 15 via Anmod.

While going I took the Ramnagar-Anmod-Mollem-Ponda route. The road is not officially open road closed boards are on the way, but many cars were going that way and we took our's too. Roads till Ramnagar is good, Ramnagar to Mollem is where the constructions happens. Almost 75% of the roads are concreted with small muddy patches in between. The last 25%(may be 3-4 kms) is still under construction and a little difficult to drive, though can manage easily with bigger cars. At some places, the construction trucks made deep tire marks and can scrape the bottom of smaller cars.

Returned via Ponda-Mollem-Anmod-Khanapur-Kittur. Barring some bad patches in Anmod-Khanapur section the roads are pretty good.
While returning, why did you take Anmod - Khanapur - Kittur route?

Was there any problem with the Anmod - Ramnagar - Kalgeri (Dharwad) road? Wouldn't that have been a better option?

Last edited by marutifan : 19th December 2019 at 18:47. Reason: Added more details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks