Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2007, 11:59   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
you can tank up on shell on your exit from bangalore and tank up and gonikoppal reliance for your next fill.
I tanked up from the same Reliance on my way back from Coorg.
Old 18th December 2007, 17:33   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
swift will do just fine. take this route:
bangalore > srirangapatna > hunsur > tittimatti > gonikoppal > virajpet > kadnur (just outskirts of v.pet, make a left) > kakabbe > kings cottage

road till virajpet is really good. only last stretch of maybe 25-30kms is bad (in patches) after the heavy rains this year.

<BUMP> before we leave this weekend, any latest update.

@NIP: anything in particular to watch out for? This is the first time am doing this route and if you get time some more details of any Junctions/Turns that we shouldnt miss, would be great.
Old 18th December 2007, 20:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Guys for people who like exotics i know of a place in coorg where they do it up from scratch...guys got an awesome collection....Wanna know??
Quote:
are you talking about a particular gentleman's blues collection ?!
Quote:
Well i dont know his name but he is based in sidapur. He has a garage on the sidapur madikeri route and evrytime there are around 5 vehicles being done up.
You guys talking about this?:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28521
Old 20th December 2007, 16:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well ya thats the same one. Its in Siddapur. On the way to mercara
Old 21st December 2007, 12:43   #35
Joz
BHPian

[quote=Jaggu;661904]<BUMP> before we leave this weekend, any latest update. [quote]

Been to Plantation Trails last weekend. Take the right to Ranganthitu Bird Sanctuary and proceed to Hunsur. Roads are not that bad, except for a few stretches.

Don't expect too much from the usual tourist spots like Abey falls and Rajah seat. Not worth it. However, Dubare and the Tibetan settlement will be nice. The best thing to do in Coorg is just sit back and relax at the place you stay. And the route from Madikeri to Nagarhole/ Iruppu falls ain't good. And wildlife spotting at Nagarhole wasn't great either.

Tata Coffee Plantation Trails: Nice place. Lovely colonial bungalows in the middle of coffee estates. Thaneerulla bungalow highly recommended. The bungalows in the middle of tea estates will open by the end of this month, which I reckon will be better. The only down side is, it's about 40 km from Madikeri and it's not a smooth drive. And yeah, ironically the coffee they served was nothing great either.

Other home stays: have heard good reviews about Polaycad Estate. Never been there though.
Old 21st December 2007, 17:37   #36
Team-BHP Support

Thanks all, so we begin the journey tomorrow morning.

And hope its not raining too much out there, plan to do some light trecking also
Old 10th April 2008, 10:23   #37
BHPian

Route from Virajpet to Kushalnagar

Hi,

I would be driving down to Madikeri the next weekend (19th). The route I taken while going from Bangalore would be:
Mysore road - Hunsur - Kushalnagar - Madikeri

Wanted to come via Virajpet on the journey back. Is there a route on the lines of
Madikeri - Virajpet - Kushalnagar - Hunsur?
The stay is in Kushalnagar, hence the need to reach there on the way back.

Whats the route between Virajpet and Kushalnagar? Do we have to touch Periyapatna? Or is there a viable short-cut? Also, information on road condition and travel time would be useful.

Thanks,
NMA
Old 10th April 2008, 21:29   #38
BHPian

a) At Mysore road, watch out for a right turn just after srirangapatana (towards KRS/Ranganthittu) and reach Hunsur road - periyapatana - kushalnagar and madikeri. Been this route last weekend to stay in nisargadhama. Hunsur until periyapatana road is pretty good. 2-3kms in periyapatana is awful - and further on till Kushalnagar is good again. From Kushalnagar, again road is not good. BLR - Hunsur you can do within 2.5 to 3 hours and Hunsur to Kushalnagar in 30-45mins & from there to madikeri - another 30mins.

I guess if you are going to virajpet from madikeri - and need to return to Kushalnagar - it might need to come via periyapatana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Hi,

I would be driving down to Madikeri the next weekend (19th). The route I taken while going from Bangalore would be:
Mysore road - Hunsur - Kushalnagar - Madikeri

Wanted to come via Virajpet on the journey back. Is there a route on the lines of
Madikeri - Virajpet - Kushalnagar - Hunsur?

Whats the route between Virajpet and Kushalnagar? Do we have to touch Periyapatna? Or is there a viable short-cut? Also, information on road condition and travel time would be useful.

Thanks,
NMA
Old 11th April 2008, 09:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
I guess if you are going to virajpet from madikeri - and need to return to Kushalnagar - it might need to come via periyapatana.
@nssrini: Thanks for the information. I was thinking if there was a road shorter than the Virajpet-Periyapatna-Kushalnagar route. Any idea about the time taken to reach Kushalnagar from Virajpet via Periyapatna?

Thanks,
NMA
Old 11th April 2008, 10:56   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
ok got kings cottage the lady there informed that roads are ok apart from some one or 2 bad patches.
what is the deal you got?
cheers:
Old 11th April 2008, 11:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

@nma83 Dude you dont need to go to kushalnagar from virajpet to get to hunsur. Take the route of Virajpet- Gonikoppal- Thithimathi- Hunsur.
This route goes through the thithimathi forest and is the shortest route from virajpet to mysore.
Dont think of GOING BACK to kushalnagar.
Old 11th April 2008, 11:55   #42
BHPian

Quote:
@nma83 Dude you dont need to go to kushalnagar from virajpet to get to hunsur. Take the route of Virajpet- Gonikoppal- Thithimathi- Hunsur.
This route goes through the thithimathi forest and is the shortest route from virajpet to mysore.
Dont think of GOING BACK to kushalnagar.
Hi maddy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Thats why i wanted to know the time taken from Virajpet to Kushalnagar.

NMA
Old 11th April 2008, 14:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Well i would suggest that you take your luggage before leaving the place dude. Or you got to take the route as follows
Virajpet- Ammathi- Siddapur- Kushalnagar

will take you around 60 kms
Old 13th April 2008, 21:01   #44
BHPian

Condition of road?

Quote:
Well i would suggest that you take your luggage before leaving the place dude. Or you got to take the route as follows
Virajpet- Ammathi- Siddapur- Kushalnagar

will take you around 60 kms
Maddy, Thanks for the route info. How much time does it take to traverse the 60kms? Are the roads decent?

Thanks,
NMA
Old 24th June 2008, 00:36   #45
BHPian

Route Update

Planning to take the beaten track (Bangalore – Mysore - Hunsur – Piriyapatna - Kushalnagar – Suntikoppa – Madikeri) to Coorg this weekend. Any updates on road conditions? Especially after Kushalnagar?

Also, I've heard that there is a road to the right just after Srirangapatana that goes to Hunsur. Any markers for this turn/junction?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks