Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 16:39   #61
BHPian

Thanks akroy. I went through your travellogue (Coorg '06) and have a feeling that weather will be the same. I'll take the Virajpet route while going and the Kushalnagar one while coming back. The info on the turn I need to take after Hunsur for Virajpet route was really helpful. Hoping that roads have improved cheers:
Old 27th June 2008, 16:39   #62
BHPian

The initial 10 KMs (as per @akroy) after you take left from the main highway after you pass hunsur town, is done up and good, but it is narrow and you may have to slow down if you get buses/trucks from the opposite direction.

I also suggest to take the route mentioned by @akroy.
Old 27th June 2008, 17:02   #63
Senior - BHPian

The road from hunsur to madikeri via gonikoppal is good. Its narrow but 2 vehicles can cross pretty easily. Well you can easily do speeds of 70 in these roads.
The route is as below
Hunsur-pancholi- Thithimathi(35kms)- Gonikoppal(15kms)- Virajpet(15kms)- Madikeri(38 to 40Kms)

When you reach gonikoppal just drive through the town straight to go to virajpet
AT virajpet go straight till you reach a slope with a circle. Take left at this circle and this is one more slopy road and you will be able to see the clock tower. Before the clock tower around 50 mts take a right to get to the madikeri road.

Languages which will help you is Kodava(Coorgi), Kannada and Malyalam.
Old 27th June 2008, 17:31   #64
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the "exact" route and the tip on language. You rock.
Old 27th June 2008, 17:36   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithinnarayanan View Post
The initial 10 KMs (as per @akroy) after you take left from the main highway after you pass hunsur town, is done up and good, but it is narrow and you may have to slow down if you get buses/trucks from the opposite direction.

I also suggest to take the route mentioned by @akroy.
Good know that the road has been done up. I've four others accompanying me and Fiesta has low GC, so road conditions were a concern. Thanks for the tip.
Old 7th July 2008, 16:53   #66

Coorg trip from Kochi

Hello guys/gals,

We are planning a trip this Wednesday morning from Kochi and plan to return by Saturday morning. Since the tour plan itself was totaly unplanned, we dont have much idea about the different points to touch en route. The primary destination is Coorg.

Would welcome some data on the following

1. Not to miss places at Coorg?
2. Any option other than Coorg -> Mysore considering that we have only three days for the tour?
3. Route to mysore?

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th July 2008 at 17:21.
Old 21st December 2008, 22:57   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Friends,

Have been fancying a trip to Coorg from Bangalore and I am planning to stay at one of the Tata plantation trails. Surprisingly not much information on this forum about these plantation trails. I found that they have three estates Cottabetta, Woshully, Taneerhulla. Just wondering which of these three is a good place for a family of six.

Are these bunglows like mini-hotels with lot of rooms? I am hoping for something smallish that can be used by just one family. I don't mind going to chikmaglur if Tata has better/more suitable bunglows there.

Not planning to 'see' much, just like to eat some yummy local food, walk and rest. So good local food is high on the agenda.

Are these places easily accessible by regular sedans?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 21st December 2008, 23:22   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Orange County - How good?

Guys

How good is the Orange County Resort?

A friend of mine is planning for his honeymoon trip in Feb'09 and happened to check out the OC website. Great photos on the site but what's the real deal like? Coz I was shocked to read the below review,

Orange County Resort - Coorg Guide, Orange County Resort - Coorg Booking, Orange Country, Coorg - MouthShut.com

Any other good alternatives in Coorg also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OMG!! The reviews on OC Resort are so very bad in some websites! Seems I don't even have to ask about it now! So pls suggest a good resort in Coorg guys

Last edited by kiku007 : 21st December 2008 at 23:31.
Old 22nd December 2008, 12:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

Well the review in Mouth shut looks its written by a person who didnt expect some stuff.
First of all if a person is comin to the estates he cant expect no insects around!! This is how nature is in this area. Well i have not stayed in orange county but for one thing i know its slightly overpriced.
Kiku: Do check out some homestays buddy. Good offers are there
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:20   #70
BHPian

I stayed just before Madikeri in a home stay. The host Venu & his wife were extremely considerate. Needless to say - their estate is beautiful! Check out the link
http://coolcacheestatestay.com/

though I don't know if it qualifies as a plush honeymoon stay, but is certainly a nice place to stay
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:46   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a lot for your input guys.

One of the reviews said the OC Resort was ridiculously expensive. Rs.85 for a mineral water bottle? This isn't a Taj Group Hotel to charge such rates!
Old 23rd December 2008, 00:58   #72
BHPian

You can try this too. Nice home stay.

Alath Cad
Old 23rd December 2008, 03:42   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

One of the reviews said the OC Resort was ridiculously expensive. Rs.85 for a mineral water bottle? This isn't a Taj Group Hotel to charge such rates!
I stay in coorg.buzz me if i can help in any way.
Old 23rd December 2008, 08:18   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

Why do want OC when our in-house BHPian princezahed has launched his own home stay. Get in touch with him and I am sure you will get a good deal and a great experience as well.

Abhi
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Why do want OC when our in-house BHPian princezahed has launched his own home stay. Get in touch with him and I am sure you will get a good deal and a great experience as well.

Abhi
Thanks Abhi. You guys are all coming here during Jan end, right?

@kiku007:Sent you a pm.Please check it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks