Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:39   #196
BHPian

I will be travelling from ban to hyd, on the 24th of December 2009. Planning to leave Bang by 6AM.

Will try to update the status here!!!
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:11   #197
Senior - BHPian

Andhra:Unstable situation:48hr bandh/Prohibitory Orders till Jan 1,2010

There is a 48hour bandh announced all over Telangana,and the petrol pumps inside HYD have virtually dried up.Ppl travelling to HYD please take note and put off your plans,there are prohibitory orders in Hyd declared by the Police till Jan1,2010.
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:20   #198
Senior - BHPian

Very worrying news indeed! My friend is driving from Pune to Puri tomorrow via H'Bad and V'Wada. He plans to carry 20 ltr can of diesel extra and cross H'Bad region in the night.
Old 24th December 2009, 14:27   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Very worrying news indeed! My friend is driving from Pune to Puri tomorrow via H'Bad and V'Wada. He plans to carry 20 ltr can of diesel extra and cross H'Bad region in the night.

HV Sir,
Even During nights (till 12 or 1 AM) there will be blockages around Tarnaka( Osmania University Area). Please ask your friend not to take Tarnaka, OU side route as situation is very bad there. Its better to take the Gachibowli route on entering HYD at BHEL (From Pune,NH9) and then go via inner ring road from mehadipatnam and join LB Nagar Junction and can continue on NH9 towards VJA.

Thanks,
Srini
Old 24th December 2009, 14:42   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
HV Sir,
Even During nights (till 12 or 1 AM) there will be blockages around Tarnaka( Osmania University Area). Please ask your friend not to take Tarnaka, OU side route as situation is very bad there. Its better to take the Gachibowli route on entering HYD at BHEL (From Pune,NH9) and then go via inner ring road from mehadipatnam and join LB Nagar Junction and can continue on NH9 towards VJA.

Thanks,
Srini
This is the route mentioned...
fromatancheru to:Unknown road to:Inner Ring Rd to:LB Nagar Rd, Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - Google Maps
Old 25th December 2009, 21:46   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
I will be travelling from ban to hyd, on the 24th of December 2009. Planning to leave Bang by 6AM.

Will try to update the status here!!!
Postponed the plan to travel to Hyd on the 24th, when saw the news early in the morning, and since I was ready with a red bull down, went off to Yercaud, for a day.

Left Yercaud , @ 11 AM, on the 25th, for Hyderabad, reached Bangalore @ 3, took a lunch break, and left Bangalore @ 4PM. As mentioned earlier in the post, by a fellow traveler here, the speed breakers are a pain in the neck. After 100 Kms , from Bangalore, the roads are not great and the average speed I got was 55 Km/h, and I managed to hit the bottom of my car, almost on every tit & bit of broken road.

Since, it was getting late , and really tired , plan to stop at Anantpur, and got some really shady place to stay , though this was the best place for parking my car, after looking at other lodges.

Note from Team BHP Support
Please refer to the forum rules before proceeding.
Mention of Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
Thanks.
Support Team.

Last edited by bblost : 28th December 2009 at 19:14.
Old 29th December 2009, 23:16   #202
BHPian

HI Prince,

Wanted a step by step route to get onto the hyd bangalore highway.i stay at miyapur but i am a little confused do you have to use the new jawaharlal nehru outer ring road or do you go to mehdipatnamam first

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hi guys,
I completed my round trip [BLR - HYD] yesterday.

No. of people:
3 initially and then 2 for the rest of the trip.

Reason: Friends Marriage.

Dates:
Start date: 27th Nov 09.
End date : 28th Nov 09.

Car used: Zen 2004 model.

Kilometers crunched:
573 one way (ODO reading till Shamshabad).

Fuel consumed:
A little more than a tank full. (one way)

Mileage:
15-16 km. Could have got more.

Time:
From BLR to HYD = 11 hours (2 hours lost due to heavy fog and
breakfast at Anantpur).

From HYD (Shamshabad) to BLR (Devanhalli) = 9 hours flat including bio breaks, breakfast and prayer brakes. From Devanhalli to Jaynagar 1 hour more.

Route taken:

BLR(Jayanagar) - Devanhalli - Chickbalapur - Penukonda - Anantapur - Gooty - Dhone - Kurnool - Mahboobnagar - Jedcherla - Shadnagar - Shamshabad - Hyderabad.

The trip details.
Started from Jayanagar @ 4:30 AM.

Encountered heavy and I mean heavy fog before chickbalapur. Visibility was zero at times. I wonder what purpose the fog lamps serve that I fitted ater market. Reached a mosque, prayed, and by that time there was some natural light permitting further journey.

I do not understand why do they have speed brakers and so many of them on National Highways. I know NH4 has just 1 or 2 at the max, but NH7 is infested till say 50-70 kms from Chickbalapur. They are not thaaaaaat well marked. So it was very frustrating at night to stop from decent speeds. The first couple of times I burnt some rubber braking, much to the annoyance of the co-passengers making them think about their choice of the driver.

Also till Anantput the contractors building the roads have bad end to end edges once the road has been laid. I mean there is an elevation at the begining of a road just laid which is always encountered by an unplesant thud and once the road has finished at the other end there is another suspension tester waiting. I guess they have made roads keeping in mind only SUVs and trucks and buses and not small cars. So much so that I have a Wheel balancing and suspension check up on the cards this coming week.

Road from Jayanagar to Devanhalli and beyond are good.
Just before Chickbalapur they are nothing to write home about. After Chickbalapur they are again good minus the speedbrakers/suspension brakers/backbreakers/tyre burners.
After that till Anantpur, roads are good but one would lose good time in figuring out diversions and uneven surface of the roads. I was badly in need of an SUV. But again like Prophet Muhammed said : If man were to be given 2 forests of gold, he would desire a third.
So I shut up and carried on.
The same continues from Anantpur to Kurnool.

Coming from the wrong direction is a norm. I thought the initial 2 -3 people coming from the wrong direction were morons but it is a norm here and as long as you stick to any left hand side of the road you are on the correct side of the road. The terms 4 laned and 2 laned roads do not matter, I repeat, do not matter here. Please this is not a rant but some observations.

Then from Kurnool to begining of Shamshabad I was reminded of NH4.
No humps, no wrong side morons and roads that would please you and your vehicle. Saves time and covers distance in a giffy.

I saw a lot and I mean a lot of AP registered Vernas and Skodas all over HYD and en route. I think they are famous there.

We attended the wedding which was near Malkaj giri. We put up at Shamshabad for the night for faster exit from HYD. That paid off really well in the end. While leaving HYD we covered the good stretch at night till Kurnool.

The only sad part is while covering Devanhalli to Jayanagar on the way back a stone from under a truck ricochet and hit the windscreen. There is no crack or anything but from the inside I can see a star/snow flake formation which is very small and from the outside it is no more than a peck. I cannot feel it by hand from the inside. Is this serious and will have to fix this immediately ? I have no intension of a long trip 6 months from now.

All in all it was a good trip but I am spoilt NH4 brat so....
The Biryaanis were awesome. I am so so jealous of the folks staying in Hyderabad.

Thanks guys. Thanks T-Bhp and special thanks to @Milecruncher and @Akadian for answering my queries here.
Old 29th December 2009, 23:36   #203

From Miyapur crossroads, take the road leading to kondapur. This road leads straight to the Outer Ring Road (Jawarharlal Nehru ring road). Head straight on the ring road to hit the Hyderabad - Bangalore highway. Miyapur - start of ring road must be close to 10 kms. and ring road is approximately 22 kms, so in approximately 30 - 35 kms from Miyapur, you must be able to hit the highway. Don't go to mehdipatnam, it will be a round about route.
Old 30th December 2009, 07:46   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus View Post
HI Prince,

Wanted a step by step route to get onto the hyd bangalore highway.i stay at miyapur but i am a little confused do you have to use the new jawaharlal nehru outer ring road or do you go to mehdipatnamam first
Don't know nuts about HYD and internal roads brah! You might want to ask other folks though. I'd say come to Shamsabaad somehow and from there it will be darn simple .
Old 30th December 2009, 10:01   #205
BHPian

Screen shots of hyderabad-bangalore route required

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdrive007 View Post
From Miyapur crossroads, take the road leading to kondapur. This road leads straight to the Outer Ring Road (Jawarharlal Nehru ring road). Head straight on the ring road to hit the Hyderabad - Bangalore highway. Miyapur - start of ring road must be close to 10 kms. and ring road is approximately 22 kms, so in approximately 30 - 35 kms from Miyapur, you must be able to hit the highway. Don't go to mehdipatnam, it will be a round about route.
Thanks for the inputs -slow drive.I was confused because when i checked on google maps it showed me the route via mehdipatnam-attapur etc whereas on this thread tbhpians have used the ring road.
Does any one have screenn shots of the hyderabad bangalore route
Old 30th December 2009, 11:14   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs -slow drive.I was confused because when i checked on google maps it showed me the route via mehdipatnam-attapur etc whereas on this thread tbhpians have used the ring road.
Take the new outer ring road and it drops you directly onto NH7.There is no need for you go all the way to Mehdipatnam and then come back.You wouldnt miss the ring road,it is well marked,look to your right and you would see it.
Old 31st December 2009, 11:27   #207

Quote:
Please find attached screenshot of the route i have mentioned
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-miyapurnh7route.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 19:56   #208
BHPian

Hyderabad-Bangalore-Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdrive007 View Post
Please find attached screenshot of the route i have mentioned
Thanks Slow drive for the inputs.Made the trip last week to bangalore ,followed your map for the linkup to the main highway using the Outer ring Road.
Journey to bangalore was smooth.
Left hyderabad at 5.00 am and reached bangalore at 3.15 pm.Stopped on the way at one of the BP Ghar after Kurnool for bfast.Total stoppage time was around 1 hr.
Around Kurnool and Anantpur roads are not quite good due to the road widening/repairs.Looked out for the massive speedbreakers at railway crossings at Gooty thanks to the forewarning of Team bhpian Prince.
Return journey took an hour longer.
While i was in bangalore made a trip to Mysore.Roads are fantastic had to resist the urge to cross 100kmph.
During the trip had a chance to try out 2 new additions-new set of tyres GPS2 and the sat nav navigator.
The tyres handled very well and no puncture for the whole trip
Used the Satnav navigator on the trip to bangalore and Mysore.Very accurate in Bangalore and Mysore and many times when i was sort of lost the way guided me back.On the highway from Hyderabad to bangalore there are times when it does not show any map at all.
Thanks to all you guys for advice that made a smooth trip possible
Old 21st January 2010, 11:03   #209
Senior - BHPian

I had travelled Hyderabad to Banglore and back last sunday.Hyderabad to Kurnol four lane. Kurnol to Goothy four lane in stretches and could do this stretch in 2hrs. Goothy to Anathpur four laning in patches it took one hour.From Anathpur to Penukonda four lane in patches the worst stetch is Anathpur bypass lot of flyovers in progress and the railway gate speed breakers.From Penukonda four lane till Banglore.Toll road in place once you cross over to Karnataka border.The road is excellent but nearing villages huge speed brakers I was over 100kms/hr could not even brake there are about five of them before you touch Banglore.I broke my suspension bushes that is what my service advisor told me when I gave my vehicle for service after coming back to Hyderabad.Good news Chikballapur bypass is ready and the bridges after chikballapur are all completed.
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:42   #210
Senior - BHPian

I'm driving down to Bangalore from Hyderabad this Sunday. Intend to leave latest by 4 am. Is it possible to do the stretch in 8 hours till Devnahalli?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks