Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 19:54   #31
BHPian

Place: Singapore
Hotel: Rendezvous
Class: 4 Star
Rates: Cant recall but quite expensive than the normal budget hotels which the tour operators sell as 3 star or luxury 3 star.
Location: Not very far from Orchard Road, Simlim, little India etc.
Review: Went there for my honeymoon last year and loved the stay. I was very fussy about the hotel and hence paid a premium for a good hotel and the money spent was worth it. Nice and clean rooms, clean bathroom, all other feautres like minibar, coffee - tea maker etc. The breakfast was complimentary and was lovely. The hotel also has a nice swimming pool.
Overall: Since the destination was decided at the last minute, all other good and relatively cheaper hotels were booked. The hotel I had previously stayed in and liked was also booked so opted for this. Very recommended!

Last edited by WanderNomad : 10th January 2009 at 19:56.
Old 1st February 2009, 13:15   #32
BHPian

Budget accomodation around jogeshwari(west), mumbai.

I would require budget accommodation in the stretch between goregaon(west) and jogeshwari(west) in mumbai for 8 persons for 2 nights. Please suggest me budget accommodation in n around this area.
Old 1st February 2009, 19:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Here is my list of Budget stays in rajasthan -

Jaipur - Hotel tara Niwas ( around 1500 Rs for a 2 bedroom ) per night. Located in Bani Prk area of jaipur. Plenty of foreigners stay here.

Jodhpur - Inn Season - Again 1500 rs or so per night. Excellent home stay sort of place.

Udaipur - mewar Haveli - 1500 Rs ( Rated top hotel there ) & caravan serai ( 1200 rs. ) . Both these places located opposite each other. Taking the car here is a bit tricky but manageable.

Will update more as I remember.

Very nice thread by the way.
Old 4th February 2009, 15:09   #34
Axe

City: Udaipur

Name: Mountain Ridge (MOUNTAIN RIDGE)

Type: Homestay

This is a great homestay a few kilometres outside Udaipur. Good place, very nice staff, and reasonable: 2500 per night. The owner, Piers Helsen, has lots of information and useful tips about Udaipur and its surroundings and will also organise treks and hikes in case one wants. He'll arrange an auto to take you into town and bring you back, but it's best if you have your own car.
Old 4th February 2009, 16:42   #35
BHPian

accomdation Ooty

Iam looking for accomdation with my family in Ooty , Could some one suggest good places to stay , Budget would be around 1000-2000 Rs.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Those looking ...............
they website is www.hotelgnanam.com,You could find the tarrif in their website

I have also stayed in Hotel Oriental towers tanjore , Please please avoid this Hotel at any cost , it was a nightmare for me and my wife .

The rooms were stinking and a fridge was getting rusted and when i opened it i almost fainted .Jesus Christ i have no words to descibe our experience there.

URL :www.hotelorientaltowers.com

www.plaresidency.com

I am surprised by your experience, has a very nice time in Nov 2007 at Oriental Towers, the rooms were on the top floor, very airy and good, tariff around 2750/- for my wife and 2 kids with extra bed, stayed 3 nights. TTDC Tanjore is not all that good, from what I saw of the rooms there.

Surprise,

We stayed at Park Hotels; we drove from Tanjore to Rameswaram and stayed there. Decent place, its one of the few good hotels there. Decent food, clean place, power cuts were on for about 6 hours in the day time, fan was on with the gen set, no A/C, don't know the situation now. Costed around 2500/- with extra bed for 4 of us, Ok, I guess. Its a clean place with plenty of parking space.

--Ramky

Last edited by ramkya1 : 5th February 2009 at 12:07.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Iam looking for accomdation with my family in Ooty , Could some one suggest good places to stay , Budget would be around 1000-2000 Rs.
Try TTDC, they have office in Bangy, book in from there, economic and centrally located. Know of people who have stayed there and been happy.

--Ramky
Old 5th February 2009, 23:41   #38
BHPian

Hotel Lakeview is a good option, tariff is aroung Rs 1200/- for a cottage.
The service is not all that great, but you will get a spacious cottage with bedroom and living room with fireplace. Also the place is very close to the town centre.

I stayed there for couple of times no bad experience.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:21   #39
BHPian

Here is a nice site:

..:: WELCOME TO GOLDMINE INFOTECH PVT LTD ::..

Click on "portfolio" and couple of sites are listed like hellokanchipuram, hellothiruvannamalai etc; they inturn have info on hotels/rates/phone no and places to see etc.
Old 11th February 2009, 08:21   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Try staying at Lakeview. It is pretty close to the ooty lake.
The cottages were good and clean. Their restaurant is also good.
It has checkin/checkout at 12:00 noon.
The do have a travel desk which organizes daily local sight seeing trips in and around ooty.
Old 10th March 2009, 10:39   #41
BHPian

Waynad:

In Wayanad
Hotel Woodlands
@Kalpetta.
Rates : Rs.1,600 per day (Dec 20-23rd, 2008)
Very clean Rooms, friendly staff, decent car parking.
Recommend for families, looking for VFM

Thanks
manju
Old 14th March 2009, 18:58   #42
BHPian

@ Muzhupilangad

Resort: Palm shore, Beach resort
Contact #: 0497-2831187
Room rents: Rs1100 - Rs2200 (that's what they say )

Great place to stay, just a few meters away from the beach. You can literally spend your evening, soaking and playing in the beach, and walk over only when you really really had enough.

Rooms are very clean, hot water available in the bathroom (solar), TV, A/C. Food has to ordered before hand, its cooked on request basis or arranged. Water, cool drinks, beer, ice cream available, hard liquor can be arranged on request.

Beach is clean, the only drive in beach around. Pretty decent crowd around. And really shallow for a long way, so you can just walk around, do keep an eye open for some of those crazy car drivers who just drive the length of the beach in the water.

The first floor rooms with balcony cost more. Extra bed is available at Rs500/-. If you are booking a couple of rooms, you can bargain on the price. Only warning, just make sure that there is no BIG group booking during your stay. When we were there, we had a big group of 20-25 odd people landing there at night, and they made quiet a racket.

Here is a pic to give you an idea how close it is to the beach.

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-p3080030.jpg

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-p3080032.jpg
Old 22nd March 2009, 20:55   #43
BHPian

budget serviced apartments in jogeshwari(W)/Goregaon(W)

Folks,

Please suggest me about serviced budget apartments in and around jogeshwari (W) and Goregoan (W). I would require this for a week.

Thanks.
Old 4th April 2009, 14:07   #44
BHPian

Hi BHPian. Please update this thread too while you are traveling to diff place.
Old 4th April 2009, 14:41   #45
BHPian

Hotel MR International, Madurai - Rs. 700/- for non ac & Rs.1200/- for AC
Hotel Maadini ( Sea View ), Kanyakumari - Rs. 600/- For non ac & Rs.1200 for AC

regards
Deepak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks