Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 11:54   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
I need a info for the resorts in Pondicherry. Looking for a good /neat and decent place with good food availability .

The options are

1) Kailash Beach resort
2)Soorya Beach Resort
3)Nalla Eco freindly beach Resort
4) Hotel Ginger .

Could some one please help me decide based on their experience which of these places are good enough. Thanks (Budget 1500 -2500)
Try Soorya Heritage instead it is not beach side but very large rooms with period furniture and walkable from the french quarters of Pondicherry.
Old 5th October 2009, 11:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Wayanad

Stayed in Ayurved Yog Villa at Kuruwa Island in Wayanad

2000 Rs for a cottage with breakfast lunch and dinner for a couple.
Good Vegetarian food and nice cottages all of which are facing river.

Ayurvadic treatments are also available.

This place is very near to "Pepper Green Village" recommended heavily on T-BHP , You need to take left instead of right once road ends at Kabini river. I reached there by mistake instead of Pepper green but never regretted the decision and saved a couple of thousands

Last edited by amitk26 : 5th October 2009 at 12:01.
Old 6th October 2009, 00:15   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Stayed in Ayurved Yog Villa at Kuruwa Island in Wayanad

This place is very near to "Pepper Green Village" recommended heavily on T-BHP , You need to take left instead of right once road ends at Kabini river. I reached there by mistake instead of Pepper green but never regretted the decision and saved a couple of thousands
I too visited a Yog Center just while staying in PGV. I didnt new that they have also accommodation. Is the resort is in Red Color ? Are you sure u has to take left ? I think near the river if u take left u will reach the PGV.
By the way put the Ph no if you have...
Old 6th October 2009, 01:03   #94
BANNED

MUMBAI BEST ACCOMODATION

Rented out a 4 bedroom accomodation for 3 days at Mumbai Andheri-East Area -ORITEL SERIVICED APARTMENTS just off POWAI Police Station.

Wonderful management, good rates,Very clean rooms and spacious living area, clean bathrooms, great service. Nice pool, good sports area, nice Gym. had 3 complimentary breakfast, which was actually only2. early check-in (5:00am) and late check out (4:00pm), was charged only for 2 days.

Worth the money and highly recommended.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Overview Of Oritel Service Apts.pdf (615.3 KB, 2869 views)
Old 6th October 2009, 09:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
I need a info for the resorts in Pondicherry. Looking for a good /neat and decent place with good food availability .

The options are

1) Kailash Beach resort
2)Soorya Beach Resort
3)Nalla Eco freindly beach Resort
4) Hotel Ginger .

Could some one please help me decide based on their experience which of these places are good enough. Thanks (Budget 1500 -2500)
Stayed at Kailash Beach Resort when I was in Pondicherry last fortnight. Tariff for a double room was 3500 but got a 10% discount as I had booked three rooms, infrastructure is excellent, service is very average, food prices are exhorbitant and food quality is average. Would recommend that in case you want to stay here, plan to have your meals in the city, you get much better fare at cheaper prices.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Stayed at Ginger, Mangalore. 2999 for 3 days for 2 adults.

Place was clean and very well maintained. But food options not much. Especially when you have a kid.

No South Indian stuff like dosa, iddli available, except for breakfast. And restraurant closes at 1500, after which you do not get much except snacks, till dinner time.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:57   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
I too visited a Yog Center just while staying in PGV. I didnt new that they have also accommodation. Is the resort is in Red Color ? Are you sure u has to take left ? I think near the river if u take left u will reach the PGV.
By the way put the Ph no if you have...
Yes you are right , You need to turn in opposit direction to Pepper Green Village. The red color one is main building which houses dining hall , kitchen and halls for Yoga / massage and other treatments, There are cottages spread out around the central building where accommodation is provided.

I will check the number and post it later.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

Stayed at Premier Hotel Karwar. 1200/- for ac room with road side view. clean, good food, courteous staff. tel 08382-229925. recommended.
Old 7th October 2009, 10:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Stayed in Coir Village Thrikunnapuzha in Allapuzha. Cottages are on a small island and Office & Restaurant on another small island. There is no bridge between the islands and there is a private ferry by the resort. We could bargain a package 4 cottages for 10 adults and 3 kids for 1 day at 15K with breakfast; the 12 noon checkout was relaxed to 24 hrs. Food was just average and expensive otherwise a different experience in the middle of water. People interested in angling can try to land some Pearlspots (Karimeen), but will get bite only in the morning (don’t ask me why but that was my experience) Coir Village Lake Resort
Old 8th October 2009, 12:51   #100
BHPian

Kukkesubramanya-Horanadu-sagar-udipi-sagar-kuduremukh

Recently had been to the above mentioned places and the details of the accommodation:

Kukke : Hotel Kenchambika Krupa Residency,
Near K.S.S College.
Telephone: 08257-281651/283251/9448501641/9900902061/98481265378/9841265379
Proprietor: Promod K H
Location: Board visible to the right side while entering the town.
Rates: 300/couple for a day
Food: Not available and have to the hotels near the temple

Decent place for a night to stay for family. Does not have the luxuries of big hotels.

Horanadu: Stayed in 2 places

1) Hotel Durgamba
Location: Just before entering the temple town, on to the left.
Service:Is average.
Charges: 500+ on weekdays and 700+ on weekends and holidays
Place: Rooms on the first floor are excellent, especially the rooms which open on to the road. The view is just great.
The telephone does not work hence am not able to give the details.

2) Padmambika Lodge
Proprietor: M N Bharath Raj
Tel no: 08263-269737/9448815420
Place: Only as a last resort you should go to this place since the rooms are not very clean.
Charges: 250+ on weekdays and 500+ on weekends.

3) The rooms at the the choultry run by the temple authorities:
Check the following link: WELCOME TO "SHRI ADHISHAKTHYATHMAKA ANNAPOORNESHWARI AMMANAVARU TEMPLE, SHRI KSHETRA HORANADU" "

Charges: 80+ per day
Availability: They do not take a telephone booking and the tourists have to wait for the allotment. Otherwise the accommodation is decent.

Sagar: Hotel Varadashri
Telephone no: [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]08183- 228999
Best place in sagar to stay.The restaurant serves decent food.
Charges for 4 bed room: 500/day

Udipi: Ramakrishna Lodge
Location: Just beside Geetanjali theater and 10 minutes walk to the temple
Charges:600/day for a room with 2 extra beds
Room service: good
Restaurant: food ok but service very bad

Kuduremukh -samse homestay:

This is not yet started, but when we travelled in the mid of September, we were informed that they are going to start. Details of the same are enclosed here if any of the group members want to check:

The persons name is bharath raj. Samse forest. Near check post after kuduremukh going towards kalasa, samse. Ph no: 08263249393/249360. He has a shop by name Malenadu Mallige which is very next to the check post.

Could be a wonderful place to stay. Any one traveling and staying in this place can update this thread with the latest information.

Finally, wish to thank Soumya for starting this wonderful thread. This is so much useful.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 8th October 2009, 14:40   #101
Team-BHP Support

Hotels in Coimbatore

What are the decent hotels to stay in CBE? I would prefer some thing on the NH47 if possible or on the Avinashi road. Its easy to get out of CBE in this case.
Old 8th October 2009, 17:20   #102
BHPian

Admar Guest House @ Udupi.

In Udupi, one can stay at admar mutt guest house, which is right opposite to woodlands hotel. Decent place, neat beds and toilet. The room rent is Rs 200 for couple. Parking is available. Very close to the temple.
Old 20th October 2009, 01:55   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I am looking for accomodation for one night in each of the following places:

A.P.: Rajahmundry, Srikakulam,

Orissa: Gopalpur, Berhampur, Rambha (OTDC), Cuttack,

W.B.: Siuri, Maldah, Barddhaman, Siliguri

These are basically pit stops so all we are looking for are clean places (with air-con) with decent food. Parking will be a great bonus to the steeds that carry us.

If anyone has stayed at these places a review would be fantastic. An indication of prices and contact details would be really over the top!

Any information or help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 20th October 2009 at 02:00.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
MUMBAI BEST ACCOMODATION

Rented out a 4 bedroom accomodation for 3 days at Mumbai Andheri-East Area -ORITEL SERIVICED APARTMENTS just off POWAI Police Station.

Wonderful management, good rates,Very clean rooms and spacious living area, clean bathrooms, great service. Nice pool, good sports area, nice Gym. had 3 complimentary breakfast, which was actually only2. early check-in (5:00am) and late check out (4:00pm), was charged only for 2 days.

Worth the money and highly recommended.
Had been to Oritel last month. Nice facility and excellent service,highly recommended
Old 20th October 2009, 12:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi,

W.B.: Siuri, Maldah, Barddhaman, Siliguri

Cheers,
I am not sure about the any hotel in Siuri or Barddhaman. But I can suggest you that there is lots of nice hotels in Bolepor which is mid of Siuri and Barddhaman. You have a lots of choice there from budget hotel to star hotel. At the same time you can visit this place also if you want. Famous for many thing.
Looks like you are planning for grate road trip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks