Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 19:52   #181
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Can any one suggest few decent hotels between Rs.2500/- to Rs.3500 /- in Jaipur.

This is my first visit to Jaipur and I need to visit Sawai Man Singh Medical College and it would be great if you can help me out with any hotel near to this place.

Regards,

Vikram
Old 24th January 2010, 20:03   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Any feedback on Hotel Bhimas in Tirupati, does it have parking facilities ?
Hi,

To my knowledge there are two Hotel Bhimas. One is Bhimas Paradise and it has ample of parking space and the other is Hotel Bhimas. Its on the main road near Railway station but they have a cellar parking.

Regards,

Vikram.
Old 24th January 2010, 20:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vikram, I made a booking for tomorrow in Bhima's Paradise and they told me that they've got parking.

How's the situation now in Andhra - I hope it's OK to visit Tirupati from Bangalore ?
Old 24th January 2010, 21:01   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Hotel MR International, Madurai - Rs. 700/- for non ac & Rs.1200/- for AC
regards
Deepak

Hotel MR International is not Ok if you are driving down, Difficult to manoever the car to the location. The hotel is just 2 min walk from the west gate of the Meenakshi temple.

I stayed at Royal Court near the Madurai Railway junction located about 1Km from the Meenakshi temple. Accomodation was good though priced at 3K +12.5 % tax. There are a number of hotels in that area. Please ask for rooms away from the main road, to avoid being disturbed by train & road traffic noise.

I learnt that most of these hotels do not accept bookings on the phone (they will politely tell you no rooms are available) unless you call them locally and inform them that you will reach the hotel in a short while.
Old 24th January 2010, 21:05   #185
BHPian

Quote:
How's the situation now in Andhra - I hope it's OK to visit Tirupati from Bangalore ?
Go a head with your plan and there is no problem in that part of AP.

Wish you a Happy and Safe journey.

Regards,

Vikram
Old 24th January 2010, 21:32   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vikram, I made a booking for tomorrow in Bhima's Paradise and they told me that they've got parking.

Just back from Tirupati. No risk due to Andhra situation. You can go ahead.

I stayed in Bhimas Residency. Standard double room costs Rs 1750 including tax.

Regards,
Rajat
Old 24th January 2010, 21:38   #187
Senior - BHPian

Thanks again guys.

Rajat , I think you are referring to another hotel "Bhimas Residency" . I made a booking in "Bhimas Paradise " where the rate is 750/- for non a/c and 1250/- for a/c.

Hotel Bhimas Paradise

Last edited by sdp1975 : 24th January 2010 at 21:40.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:10   #188
Senior - BHPian

Have stayed here a couple of times though not recently, parking facility is available, check out their website, maybe that will help - Hotel Bhimas Paradise
Old 1st February 2010, 14:57   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post

I learnt that most of these hotels do not accept bookings on the phone (they will politely tell you no rooms are available) unless you call them locally and inform them that you will reach the hotel in a short while.
+
Yes, most budget hotels do not accept bookings through email or phone but one can go through travel guys like 'makemytrip' or 'travelguru' etc
as they may have a running contract with some of the hotels.

Last week I was about book a room in a 3 star hotel in chennai and rates quoted by them was little above rs.3k per night (inclusive of taxes). Then I checked through one of the above travel people and the rate I got from them was cheaper than the hotel's tariff rate. Again I got another 15% discount because I booked the room using VISA card - so basically I saved rs.2k for 2 nights stay ? So sometime it will be cheaper if book through good travel agents.!
Old 27th February 2010, 14:48   #190
Senior - BHPian

Stayed in Mykkara homestay in Muthanga.. Highlight - is hardly 500 mts after Muthanga Safari point and is bordered by forest all around, could see deers, wild boar and Giant Malabar squirrel sitting in the homestay varanda.. elephants are present around the resort, should be a paradise for wildlife lovers, shutterbugs and trekking guys. There is a caretaker and cook and they will prepare any food you ask for (suppy has to come from SultanBathery, so adv notice on your preference is required). Other facilies are average and is what you can expect in 55 year old Kerala house.. Mykkara Homestay | Wayanad | Muthanga
Old 27th February 2010, 15:31   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Bhimas Paradise is really good. Had food many a times. Its on the other side of the main signal near the bus stand.
Old 1st March 2010, 18:24   #192
Senior - BHPian

Guys any suggestions for stay at COORG ? i can find only 2 in this thread based on search option - need some recent updates - please advise
Old 1st March 2010, 20:08   #193
Senior - BHPian

Any good hotels in Rameshwaram with parking facilities ?
Old 1st March 2010, 22:01   #194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys any suggestions for stay at COORG ? i can find only 2 in this thread based on search option - need some recent updates - please advise
The best one is Coorg International. But costly and food is at best OK. It is in the center of the town.

Others may have good details in homestays. May work out to be better.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:16   #195
BHPian

Coorg homestay

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Narayan,
Search the travelogues section for Coorg threads - there are plenty of them, and almost in each thread you will get quite a bit of information about a wide variety of home stays. In my opinion a home stay is much better option to enjoy your holidays when you are in Coorg. Some of them have got really fantastic locations - amidst lush green environment, away from the city crowd.
Last October when we went to Coorg we stayed at a home stay called Palace Estates. You can get detailed information from their web site - palaceestate.co.in. We were blown away by the location.
And BTW I got the info about Palace Estate from this forum only - through Dadu's thread - thanks Dadu, if you are reading this .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks