Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 10:46   #1591
BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
Sure! I started from Bangalore at 01:30 hours post midnight and reached Lonavala by 1630 hours same day. Purchased toll till Mumbai as the receipt was valid for 24 hours, so getting down expressway at Lonavala exit and joining back within 24 hours wasn't a problem.

We didn't pre-book via internet as we weren't sure where to say enroute. We just kept on inquiring one hotel or the other and zeroed in Hotel Hari International by chance. 2200 bucks was a deal for the room we got.

Attachment 1250117

Another good option before Pune is Hotel Mahendra Executive at Satara (NH4). You can check out there as well

Regards
Thank you for the detailed map. In my case I have to pre-book because I will be reaching lonavala on Saturday night. I am expecting there will be weekend rush since place is a favourite among Mumbai-Pune people I guess.
Yes Mahendra Exectuive is a good place. I had stayed there during my Kaas valley visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Any particular reason for not including Mahabaleshwar is this plan. It will be enroute has the best infra compared to even Lonavala, and the best weather in the monsoons.
Malshej is just a day drive at the most. (And it is a pretty long one too). Amboli has a better monsoon experience and is also enroute for you.
Try and squeeze in Bhandardhara, if the distance is fine with you.

Maby many hotel options around the market, I stayed in citrus last time don't remember the prices. Also many stat options in Panchagani.

Have a great trip. Godspeed
I have been to Mahabaleshwar last year. Its a wonderful place no doubt. So I want to see around other places. Will look up Amoli and Bhandardhara on the internet. Thank you for the suggestions.
Old 16th June 2014, 11:04   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Hi Guys,
I am planning for a monsoon trip to the following places in Maharashtra. Can anyone suggest me decent budget accommodation?
(1) Lonavala
(2) Malshej Ghat - I am thinking of MTDC
(3) Aurangabad
(4) Ahmednagar

AhmedNagar/Aurangabad will be our base for visiting Ellora/Ajantha.

Thanks in advance
When do you intend to make this trip?
Lonavala and Malshej Ghat are both very scenic during the rainy season, but it has not yet started raining in true sense. So, it would take a few weeks before you can start seeing the water-falls, for example. At the moment, it is raining heavily in some parts of Gujarat and occasional showers in areas around Pune and Mumbai.

Aurangabad and Ahmednagar - well they would be lot cooler than normal during rainy season.

Keep in mind that the road conditions deteriorate drastically after the first couple of rainfalls.

I have been to Malshej Ghat for night stay once a couple of years ago and there was sizable family crowd as well. I don't see any major issues. If it rains too much, then the trees on the roads could fall and block the road or there could be landslides. But that is a different problem. You will need to do advance booking for the weekend stay. It is always full, but we were lucky back then.

Last edited by S_U_N : 16th June 2014 at 11:06.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 11:48   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
When do you intend to make this trip?
Lonavala and Malshej Ghat are both very scenic during the rainy season, but it has not yet started raining in true sense. So, it would take a few weeks before you can start seeing the water-falls, for example. At the moment, it is raining heavily in some parts of Gujarat and occasional showers in areas around Pune and Mumbai.

Aurangabad and Ahmednagar - well they would be lot cooler than normal during rainy season.

Keep in mind that the road conditions deteriorate drastically after the first couple of rainfalls.

I have been to Malshej Ghat for night stay once a couple of years ago and there was sizable family crowd as well. I don't see any major issues. If it rains too much, then the trees on the roads could fall and block the road or there could be landslides. But that is a different problem. You will need to do advance booking for the weekend stay. It is always full, but we were lucky back then.
I am planning to start from Bangalore on July5th. I will be at Malshej Ghat on a weekday may be on July7/8th. In any case I will be doing my booking in advance at MTDC for Malshej.

Aurangabad/Ahmednagar they will be base for us to do Ajantha Ellora.
Old 16th June 2014, 21:11   #1594
BHPian

My brother and I will be travelling to Chennai on Thursday. Need a budget accommodation for one night, preferably near the High Court.

Will be leaving towards Hyderabad as soon as I complete my work.

Can Chennai Bhpians please help me?
Old 16th June 2014, 22:34   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
My brother and I will be travelling to Chennai on Thursday. Need a budget accommodation for one night, preferably near the High Court.

I am also looking for a budget accomadation for 2 nights at chennai for family.
Old 17th June 2014, 21:26   #1596
BHPian

Quote:

This is a repeat of my previous post. Need help from Chennai Bhpians as I will be in Chennai on Thursday.
Old 17th June 2014, 21:45   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
In case if it for US consulate visit, check out Hotel Spring

Quote:
This is a repeat of my previous post. Need help from Chennai Bhpians as I will be in Chennai on Thursday.
I reside in this part of the city and being the oldest part of the city, there aren't any new age hotels that I know of. However, I searched google a bit and found the one below, it is located near central which is couple of kilometers from High Court.

http://www.holidayiq.com/Good-rooms-...92-Review.html
Old 17th June 2014, 22:17   #1598
Senior - BHPian

@mods : If this post is not in line with thread, request you to delete the same.

I have to frequent New Delhi a lot of times for professional trips. Now, currently the organization I work for has a "corporate account" with a near to useless hotel in Pahargunj.

Personally, I hate that area which is infamous for a lot of negative things. However, it also serves as the best hub for easy connectivity. Would like to know which is more than reasonably good hotel for one night stay in Pahargunj. I stay in parahgunj, travel to faridabad in cab and back.
All the hotels I have visited so far lack good natural light, have stuffy rooms, and mostly, they are nothing but large row houses with structural integrity being a big question mark.
My budget would be Rs. 2200 /- per day (24 hrs.).
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, many times, I have to visit via flight, where in my stay would be in Faridabad. Any recommendations on that front would help too.
Old 19th June 2014, 15:18   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
If you are okay with a stay at Egmore, Udipi Home and Hotel Chandra Park are good options. Udipi home's only veg restaurant Mathsya is very good. In case if you choose Udipi Home, request for the renovated rooms. Chandra Park's food (veg and non-veg) is just average and pricey too. But there is Hotel Saravana Bhavan, opposite to the rear entrance of Chandra Park.
Arun.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 01:01   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
@mods : If this post is not in line with thread, request you to delete the same.

I have to frequent New Delhi a lot of times for professional trips. Now, currently the organization I work for has a "corporate account" with a near to useless hotel in Pahargunj.

Personally, I hate that area which is infamous for a lot of negative things. However, it also serves as the best hub for easy connectivity. Would like to know which is more than reasonably good hotel for one night stay in Pahargunj. I stay in parahgunj, travel to faridabad in cab and back.
All the hotels I have visited so far lack good natural light, have stuffy rooms, and mostly, they are nothing but large row houses with structural integrity being a big question mark.
My budget would be Rs. 2200 /- per day (24 hrs.).
Any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, many times, I have to visit via flight, where in my stay would be in Faridabad. Any recommendations on that front would help too.
Hi
Last year I stayed at Hotel Today on Desh Bandhu Gupta road.
Split AC,white bedsheet, white towel, wall mounted TV,good sized room,bathroom with an exhaust fan and a ceiling fan. Rs 1300 for a single with a double bed.No natural sunlight as such. Please check out.
Regards
PS: They dont pay commission to the auto/taxi guys so it is not recommended by them
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:34   #1601
Distinguished - BHPian

I need to stay for a night in Dharwad this week-end...any suggestions? Just me - so a single bed and a clean bathroom will be great (do I need air conditioning?), I would much prefer parking within the compound of the hotel. Should be walkable to the following address (i don't want to be driving around in that small town).

Mahishi Charitable Trust
Babashankari Kalyana Mantap
Kelageri
Dharwad

Thanks guys,
Old 24th June 2014, 09:42   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Below is a offer we got while looking for a Goa stay. Though the rate is a sweet deal, I'm not convinced about the advance part and 90 minute session. Does anybody else received such an offer?

"We offering you and your family a special promotional holiday at unbeatable prices in Goa at Royal Palms Benaulim for the month of June and July 2014!!!

All you have to pay Rs.4000/- for 3N/4D and from which 3000/- is a Resort Credit which you can fully utilised against Resort Restuarant and Spa Bill.

Besides the booking fee you have to pay Refundable security deposit of Rs.3000/- at the checkin time which will be fully refunded to you at the time of checkout and Rs.200/- per night Goa Govt. Luxury tax and no other charge.

Checkin time is 4 p.m. and checkout is at 10 a.m.

The above offer is valid from 13th June - 25th July.

You understand and agree that 90minutes of your time are required during your stay to participate in a complimentary VIP Preview in our resort with your family."
Old 24th June 2014, 09:55   #1603
BHPian

My experience is that most likely the 90 minutes will be a high pressure Time Share selling or MLM scheme presentation. Be careful.

Once I was getting repeated calls from Country Club inviting me for this and that. Finally when I asked the guy who was calling how they got hold of my number, they said they had a tie up with Spencers. Then I remembered that there was a "lucky draw" box once when I went shopping at one of their outlets and I had dropped my card. Never again! And even Spencers couldnt be technocally blamed because the "Drop Box" was just outside the main entrance.
TKMCE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 10:30   #1604
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I am planning a trip with family to Wayand by the last week of june.

1. Would this be a good time to visit in terms of weather?

2. Any suggestion for a good homestay /villa. Going with extended family of around 8 members and hence not looking for a hotel or a resort.
It is monsoon time and will be raining.You can try Rainbow holiday home, Kalpetta if you prefer a home stay.
http://www.rainbowholidayhome.com/
NGM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 11:10   #1605
BHPian

Came across this useful thread, I have planned a trip to Goa with my wife during the long weekend in the month of August.

For my stay in Goa, have booked a boutique resort, “Casa De Goa” near Calangute beach. Basis the reviews on TripAdvisor and the website seems to be a good property.

Has any BHPian stayed there earlier? If yes, please do share your views about the place and its proximity to the beach. Also, any advice on the car rental scene in Goa?

Cheers,
Vinay

Most Viewed