Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 19:58   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Suggest some really good place, economical for me, good for her. She is a nature lover & an avid photographer. Coorg has happened quite a lot. So some offbeat homestay or place which is less crowded & closer to nature.
Check out Flameback at Mudigere www.flameback.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitKumarVinay View Post
Thank you, NPV. I will check their website and give them a call.

Regard,
Amit
You can check out Krishna Inn as well.Bhasuri Inn is not a vegetarian hotel just so that you know.Kanoos Residency is also very good-again serves non veg.Rugmini Regency is good.Gokulam Sabari is a good place as well.Mayura Residency is another good place.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 20:16   #1712
Team-BHP Support

Please also note that Flameback is also a pet friendly place. Its there mentioned on their site.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 20:24   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Hi Folks

I've got a situation here. 14th Feb happens to be on a weekend (Saturday) this year and i need to take my wife to a serene place, close to Bangalore, for an overnighter.

Suggest some really good place, economical for me, good for her. She is a nature lover & an avid photographer. Coorg has happened quite a lot. So some offbeat homestay or place which is less crowded & closer to nature.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Regards
Saurav
Saurav,

Trust me, this year we all are in the same situation as you.

You mentioned that you have done Coorg a lot of times. Have you been to Orange County, Kabini? Although it is expensive, but you are guaranteed to be blown away with the hospitality, ambience, food and the overall package. Being expensive also means that the place is not very crowded.

The above feedback is based on the personal first hand experience of the place and not captured from a travelogue or tripadvisor.

Cheers,
Saurabh
TheDesertRat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 22:10   #1714
BHPian

Planning to do a Shimla, Manali, Dharmasala, Dalhousie, Amritsar trip with friends. Would prefer budget hotel with triple sharing rooms, good restaurant, hot water etc around 2.5k. Any suggestions please?
Old 14th January 2015, 22:21   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Check out Flameback at Mudigere www.flameback.in
Thanks for the suggestion mate. Looks great. I have written to Mr. Bharath, the proprietor, about rates & a possible reservation. Lets see how it comes out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
Saurav,

Trust me, this year we all are in the same situation as you.

You mentioned that you have done Coorg a lot of times. Have you been to Orange County, Kabini? Although it is expensive, but you are guaranteed to be blown away with the hospitality, ambience, food and the overall package. Being expensive also means that the place is not very crowded.

The above feedback is based on the personal first hand experience of the place and not captured from a travelogue or tripadvisor.

Cheers,
Saurabh
So, i got a namesake here! well Orange County i have known for a long time, but way beyond my budget friend. But would definitely do it someday!
Old 26th January 2015, 12:56   #1716

Wayanad query

Hi everyone
My wife and I, we're planning to drive to Wayanad, Kerala this weekend. I do not have any friends there, and websites like cleartrip and tripadvisor have a lot of hotel listings. A safari, and spending as much time as possible outdoors is the idea.
Any pointers regarding places to stay would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 26th January 2015, 17:07   #1717
BHPian

Re: Wayanad query

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamomfs View Post
Hi everyone
My wife and I, we're planning to drive to Wayanad, Kerala this weekend. I do not have any friends there, and websites like cleartrip and tripadvisor have a lot of hotel listings. A safari, and spending as much time as possible outdoors is the idea.
Any pointers regarding places to stay would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
Check out Blooms Green Farm in Wayanad (http://www.bloomsgreenfarm.com). We stayed there about a year ago. Excellent place. Talk to Johny and tell him that you were referred by a friend Venkat (me) of Dr Shibu Pillai. He'll remember (he is more likely to remember Dr Pillai).

Its a homestay. Johny and his family and staff are extremely hospitable.
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 18:10   #1718
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Shyamomfs,

I stay in Wayanad. Please PM me, your exact requirements (Budget for a couple per night, sightseeing plans and number of days). I might be able to help.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 19:04   #1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Check out Blooms Green Farm in Wayanad (http://www.bloomsgreenfarm.com). We stayed there about a year ago. Excellent place. Talk to Johny and tell him that you were referred by a friend Venkat (me) of Dr Shibu Pillai. He'll remember (he is more likely to remember Dr Pillai).

Thanks Venkat, I'll look it up. Appreciate your quick reply
Old 26th January 2015, 19:08   #1720

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

Thanks a lot Venkat. I'll look into Blooms Green farm. Really appreciate your quick reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Shyamomfs,

I stay in Wayanad. Please PM me, your exact requirements (Budget for a couple per night, sightseeing plans and number of days). I might be able to help.
Hi Dhanushs,
I'm still a Newbie, and cannot PM just yet. Is there any other way we could get in contact? Thank you.

Regards
Shyam.
Old 26th January 2015, 19:47   #1721
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

For our trip from Palakkad back to Bangalore this past weekend, we decided to start at 4pm after attending a wedding and stay overnight somewhere near Salem. Option in my mind was the Sree Sarava Bhavan Travellers Inn near the Vaigundam toll (on right side as we were traveling towards Bangalore). Had a quick chat with @ranjitp1 who suggested trying at the Saravana Bhavan Classic about 15-20Km before Vaigundam, also on the Sankari bypass. This would be on the left side.

Reached here around 7.30pm. The place is not owned or managed by the Saravana Bhavan Classic people, in fact the lodge is run by the building owner and they've rented the place in front out to the restaurant.

Entrance to the lodging area is from the side of the building, there are AC and non-AC rooms (10 rooms in all) and they have 12 hour and 24 hour tariff options, very convenient for travelers.

Rooms are new, well maintained with Cable TV and clean wash rooms.

Tariff:
AC - 1500 (24 hrs), 1300 (12 hrs)
Non AC - 1300 (24 hrs), 1100 (12 hrs)

Sri Saai Stay Inn
PTR Plaza, Sankari West, NH-47 (Salem-Coimbatore bypass), Tamil Nadu - 637303
Tel:04283-254321
Mobile:+91-9448184499

Would definitely recommend this place for an overnight transit stop.

Last edited by NPV : 26th January 2015 at 19:57.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 20:27   #1722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamomfs View Post
Hi Dhanushs,
I'm still a Newbie, and cannot PM just yet. Is there any other way we could get in contact? Thank you.
Well, you can post your exact requirements here.
Old 26th January 2015, 23:22   #1723
BHPian

Just been to Wayanad near Manathavady. Stayed @ Pugmark Resort, Wayanad. Good Place.

Link : http://pugmarkswayanad.com/

Contact Person : Mr. Shinaj : 9447546386. Refer to him by my name, Ajay from haripad.

This place is near to Tholpetty Wild life sanctuary, Irupu Falls & Thirunelly Temple. Bansaura Dam is also a good place to visit & Road from Bansura to Vythiri are excellent and very scenic.

Accommodation is pretty good with good staff & food.

Last edited by Vasuki : 26th January 2015 at 23:25.
Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 00:23   #1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Just been to Wayanad near Manathavady. Stayed @ Pugmark Resort, Wayanad. Good Place.

Link : http://pugmarkswayanad.com/

Contact Person : Mr. Shinaj : 9447546386. Refer to him by my name, Ajay from haripad.

This place is near to Tholpetty Wild life sanctuary, Irupu Falls & Thirunelly Temple. Bansaura Dam is also a good place to visit & Road from Bansura to Vythiri are excellent and very scenic.

Accommodation is pretty good with good staff & food.
Thanks Ajay, will call him up. Multitude of options seems to be the problem here Really need to decide within the next 24hrs (have received ultimatum!)
Old 9th February 2015, 07:44   #1725
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Quoting my own post. Any advice/suggestions for the above query?
Ooty has accomodations galore. Few I can thin about: Sherlock, King's Cliff.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks