Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2014, 05:29   #1606
BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Folks

A shout out for some help and advice , planning a road trip from Hyderabad - Bandipur - Nagarhole - Madhumalai around October / November and looking for accommodation advice, aim of the holiday is to enjoy the wildlife sanctuaries of the above mentioned and go on jungle safaris , will be accompanied by few ladies in the group so prefer a family oriented accommodation, initially considered Kabini River Lodge and Bandipur River Lodge but have dropped the idea as they charge per head / night which will turn out expensive for 3 night stay for a group of 5 , having spent time on the forum researching the options I'm zeroing on Masinagudi , is this the right way , is this place close to all the above mentioned places in a practical sense. All help and advice will be deeply appreciated.
Regards
Vickzkool
Old 9th July 2014, 14:36   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
Folks

A shout out for some help and advice , planning a road trip from Hyderabad - Bandipur - Nagarhole - Madhumalai around October / November

I'm zeroing on Masinagudi , is this the right way , is this place close to all the above mentioned places in a practical sense.
Nagarhole is pretty far from Masinagudi.

Mudumalai & Bandipur (btw, it is not Madhumalai) is close from Masinagudi. But staying at Masinagudi, it may not be possible to reach Bandipur for the first safari since you can enter the forest from Masinagudi side only after the check post opens (@6am IIRC). But still Masinagudi is a good option for Mudumalai & Bandipur
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 18:23   #1608
Distinguished - BHPian

Nagarhole will have to be done separately. Bandipur -Mysore- Nagarhole takes around 3 hours. Also please note that road which passes through Bandipur forest closes during night (09.00 PM - 06.00 AM).
For stay in Bandipur you can opt for forest dept run guest houses which can be booked online, they cost around Rs. 2000/ night for a room which accommodates 4. Link

TBHPian Ankan had stayed there few months back.

For Nagarhole I guess it will be better to stay somewhere nearby instead of travelling from Bandipur, also I am not sure if jeep safari is conducted in the forest. I had gone on a bus safari through the forest, but that was few years back. When I visited Kabani Jungle lodges couple of months back it was told that jeep safari is conducted only by JLR, saw tourists from other resorts dropped at JLR and taken in JLR's jeep for safari.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 04:34   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Nagarhole is pretty far from Masinagudi.

Mudumalai & Bandipur (btw, it is not Madhumalai) is close from Masinagudi. But staying at Masinagudi, it may not be possible to reach Bandipur for the first safari since you can enter the forest from Masinagudi side only after the check post opens (@6am IIRC). But still Masinagudi is a good option for Mudumalai & Bandipur
Thanks for the info , appreciate your suggestions , it's really useful for me as I'm not well versed with the geography of the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Nagarhole will have to be done separately. Bandipur -Mysore- Nagarhole takes around 3 hours. Also please note that road which passes through Bandipur forest closes during night (09.00 PM - 06.00 AM).
For stay in Bandipur you can opt for forest dept run guest houses which can be booked online, they cost around Rs. 2000/ night for a room which accommodates 4. Link

TBHPian Ankan had stayed there few months back.

For Nagarhole I guess it will be better to stay somewhere nearby instead of travelling from Bandipur, also I am not sure if jeep safari is conducted in the forest. I had gone on a bus safari through the forest, but that was few years back. When I visited Kabani Jungle lodges couple of months back it was told that jeep safari is conducted only by JLR, saw tourists from other resorts dropped at JLR and taken in JLR's jeep for safari.
Suhas , thank you very much for the info , exactly the info I was looking for , I have read Ankan's travelogue but somehow missed the Bandipur accommodation info, but thanks to your exact pointer I will be definitely staying at the guest house you have mentioned in Bandipur , only interested in the jeep safari so if it is a bus safari I will give it a miss and just opt to drive around Nagarhole and Mudumalai during day time to just soak in the atmosphere. Appreciate your timely post which has been super useful.
Old 14th July 2014, 17:14   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I need accommodation @ Masinagudi for a fairly large group of 25 people in the 4th week of August.

A villa/cottage with 8-10 rooms preferred in the price-band of 1.5k/2k for a DBR.

Waseem.
Old 17th July 2014, 08:48   #1611
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Resorts in the Western Ghats - National Green Tribunal (NGT) halts work

The Western Ghats have been in the news for a long time since the area is considered ecologically sensitive and there are various groups for and against the development of tourism, resorts, etc

The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has now directed resorts in the Western Ghats to stop construction work.

More details here, source:New Indian Express, Bangalore Edition 17 July 2014

MODS:If another appropriate thread exists, please merge.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:17   #1612
BHPian

Re: Resorts in the Western Ghats - National Green Tribunal (NGT) halts work

Could not read the article , but I feel construction activities will affect the environment in western ghats . Good move by NGT. Once you start constructing resorts , there is no crowd controlling and it will result in more environment destruction in the name of tourism.Western ghats is home to a wide variety of natural resources. Frankly speaking there are enough resorts for anyone to enjoy , it is time to put the foot down , stop all these commercial activities and save the western ghats.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 23:06   #1613

Myself, wifey and 5 month old baby are planning for travel by road from Chennai to Mysore to attend a wedding in first week of September.

I'm looking out for a good budget hotel (around 4k for 2 nights); in and around 2 kilometres from the Zoo area. As we're carrying the baby, expecting the room to be decently spaced, and not cramped; and provide decent basic amenities.

Any suggestions of a good hotel meeting my requirements, please.
Old 21st July 2014, 00:47   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushibeta View Post
Myself, wifey and 5 month old baby are planning for travel by road from Chennai to Mysore to attend a wedding in first week of September.

I'm looking out for a good budget hotel (around 4k for 2 nights); in and around 2 kilometres from the Zoo area. As we're carrying the baby, expecting the room to be decently spaced, and not cramped; and provide decent basic amenities.

http://www.staymango.com/hotels/co20...ore-india.html

http://www.countryinns.com/mysore-hotel-in/indcxms
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 10:51   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushibeta View Post

If you are comfortable with service apartments, there are some available. You will get a fully equipped kitchen as well in addition to a hall.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 02:20   #1616
BHPian

HI Bhpians,

I will be stopping over in Singapore from July 29th to Aug 3rd 2014 on my way back to Bangalore . I am looking for some good accomodation like value for money budget hotels/hostels preferably near Little India location for Single traveller ,any suggestions please advice .
New Hotels and Hostels facility is also fine .
Intention is spend less on accomodation and more on sight seeing and food.

thanks
MSVG
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:53   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
HI Bhpians,

I will be stopping over in Singapore from July 29th to Aug 3rd 2014 on my way back to Bangalore . I am looking for some good accomodation like value for money budget hotels/hostels preferably near Little India location for Single traveller ,any suggestions please advice .
New Hotels and Hostels facility is also fine .
Intention is spend less on accomodation and more on sight seeing and food.

thanks
MSVG
Tai Hoe Hotel www.taihoehotel.com
Soluxe Inn www.soluxeinn.com
Perak Lodge www.peraklodge.net
South East Asia www.seahotel.com.sg
Strand www.strandhotel.com.sg
Venue www.venuehotel.sg
Parc Sovereign www.parcsovereign.com
Grand Chancellor www.grandchancellorsingapore.com
Hamilton www.hotelhamilton.com.sg
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:23   #1618
BHPian

Had been on a team outing to this place called Whispering Meadows [Masinagudi Estate] in Masinagudi. A very nice place, warm hosts and very good simple food.

Very decently priced and worth the visit.
For more information http://trailroot.in/ . There are multiple properties at various locations listed under trailroot.

Last edited by arunkumars : 22nd July 2014 at 12:24.
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:11   #1619

Thanks for your suggestion Ranjit!

Mango hotels is very well within our budget and seems good too when reviewing on the internet. I'll call the hotel and check it out.

Countryinns is a bit on the higher side, I'll check it out later on a leisurely trip later on probably

I'm about to get a deal with Jade Garden which is 2 kms away from the kalyana mantap, let's see if it clicks well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
If you are comfortable with service apartments, there are some available. You will get a fully equipped kitchen as well in addition to a hall.
I liked the idea of service apartments very much, and indeed checked out couple of them on the net (Oasis Inn etc), but wifey, at this stage feels she'd prefer a hotel. So, hotel it'll be!

Thanks for your tips Coolclouds!

Regards,
Kaushibeta
Old 24th August 2014, 15:09   #1620
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Guys

Planning for a trip to Valparai with my pet dog labrador during Gandhi Jayanti and Dassara long weekend. Any leads for good pet friendly resorts in Valparai?

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks