Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 00:06   #1726
BHPian

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Hi everbody.
Need hotels to stay where I can get value for money. Case in point is Hotel Today on the main Desh Bandhu Guta road,Paharganj, large room with LCD tv, split AC, white bedsheet white towel and a western style toilet. All neat and clean and to top it a fan in the bathroom . Rs 1300 for single occupancy
Area would be like Bangalore Brigade Road or Mumbai's Linking road Bandra, so when I come out of the hotel there is some crowd.
1)Kolkatta
2)Kolkatta airport
3)Aizawl
4)Agartala.
Prefer to go and see and then check in.
One more point. Can I land up,in the afternoon, and find a place in Aizawl and Agartala? Because there would be no way out if accommodation is scarce.
Please help. Thanks a lot for your patience and answers
Regards
Old 15th March 2015, 21:10   #1727
BHPian

Hi everybody
My post of 11th March. Unfortunately no reply.
I am sure quite a lot of you have travelled to these places and can share your experiences.
Two more places a) Jaipur and b) Kota.
I will be leaving on wed 18/3 need the info quickly. May not log on once I have left. At the same time would not like to hunt for a place with luggage.
TIA
Rgds
Old 16th March 2015, 16:11   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everbody.
Need hotels to stay where I can get value for money. Case in point is Hotel Today on the main Desh Bandhu Guta road,Paharganj, large room with LCD tv, split AC, white bedsheet white towel and a western style toilet. All neat and clean and to top it a fan in the bathroom . Rs 1300 for single occupancy
Area would be like Bangalore Brigade Road or Mumbai's Linking road Bandra, so when I come out of the hotel there is some crowd.
1)Kolkatta
2)Kolkatta airport
3)Aizawl
4)Agartala.
Prefer to go and see and then check in.
One more point. Can I land up,in the afternoon, and find a place in Aizawl and Agartala? Because there would be no way out if accommodation is scarce.
Please help. Thanks a lot for your patience and answers
Regards
Can't help you much about Aizawl and Agartala.

But in Kolkata, after you come out of the Airport Compound and turn left to join the VIP Road or Nazrul Islam Sarani, and proceed a little bit towards the place called Baguihati, there are a few decent looking hotels right on the main road itself, on your left hand side.
Don't remember any specific names. But you will have to take a taxi from the airport, because they are not exactly within walkable distance, specially when you have luggage. And that's what I think will be a little problematic - because of the short distance, not many taxi fellows may be interested or may be asking for too much.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 19:28   #1729
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys,

A close friend and fellow enthusiast has started a homestay in Wayanad (strict vegetarian), www.aditihomestay.com, Panamaram to be exact, in his ancestral property. I have been there and it matches the "home" stay tag perfectly. A vintage house, with all modern amenities.

The price IIRC is 3000 for a room.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 10:18   #1730
BHPian

Hello Friends,

My team and their family, close to around 30 members planning to visit Coonoor and Ooty. We will start from Chennai on April 3rd and planning to stay in Coimbatore for the night. Can any one suggest good hotels in Coimbatore to accommodate these many people.

Also kindly suggest best place to stay in and around Ooty over the weekend.
Old 19th March 2015, 11:53   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubramoniamAB View Post
Hello Friends,

My team and their family, close to around 30 members planning to visit Coonoor and Ooty. We will start from Chennai on April 3rd and planning to stay in Coimbatore for the night. Can any one suggest good hotels in Coimbatore to accommodate these many people.

Also kindly suggest best place to stay in and around Ooty over the weekend.
Hotel KR residency in avinashi road,Opposite to KMCH( Kovai medical center) is a new hotel with neat rooms, car parking available. charges arount 3500 plus tax. I got a bargain price of 3000 inclusive tax for double occupancy.
www.thekrresidency.com
Old 19th March 2015, 12:31   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer_919 View Post
Hotel KR residency in avinashi road,Opposite to KMCH( Kovai medical center) is a new hotel with neat rooms, car parking available. charges arount 3500 plus tax. I got a bargain price of 3000 inclusive tax for double occupancy.
www.thekrresidency.com
Thank you streetracer_919

Do you recommend TTDC hotels out there? The reason being some of them feel 3500 for Hotel KR residency a bit on the higher side.
Old 19th March 2015, 12:31   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Can any one suggest good hotels in Coimbatore to accommodate these many people.
Hotel Annapoorna, RS Puram is good. They have plenty of rooms but book them well in advance. Double occupancy will be around Rs. 2300/-.
Old 19th March 2015, 13:30   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

If you are willing to push on till Mettupalayam - Sathya Hotels is a good option, just after Black Thunder.

The rooms are good - I don't remember the tariff, but they were quite moderate. They also have a dormitory
Old 19th March 2015, 14:44   #1735
BHPian

Thanks a lot Arun.k, mallumowgli

I am still searching for options to see how best I can accommodate our folks.
Old 19th March 2015, 14:55   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you streetracer_919

Do you recommend TTDC hotels out there? The reason being some of them feel 3500 for Hotel KR residency a bit on the higher side.
I have no idea about TTDC hotel. There is a hotel named ESS Paradise in Gandhipuram priced at 1.5 to 2k for AC room.
Is parking an issue for you? How are you travelling?

Last edited by streetracer_919 : 19th March 2015 at 14:57. Reason: mistake in hotel name
Old 19th March 2015, 15:03   #1737
BHPian

Quote:
I have no idea about TTDC hotel. There is a hotel named ESS Paradise in Gandhipuram priced at 1.5 to 2k for AC room.
We will be traveling in 2 XUVs, City, Amaze, 2 Figos and a Fabia. So parking is a must.

Thanks again streetracer_919
Old 19th March 2015, 15:39   #1738
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
There is a hotel named ESS Paradise in Gandhipuram priced at 1.5 to 2k for AC room.
ESS Paradise in Gandhipuram (Nehru street) is good but parking is only on the road outside.
Also one can try Hotel Aswini just opposite to ESS Paradise and Aswini Deluxe beside ESS (more upmarket and higher tariffs compared to Aswini).
Old 8th April 2015, 22:55   #1739
BHPian

Hi,

Please advise the decent accomodations (clean bedding, washrooms, safe car park and easy access to temples) on the following places:
  • Pushkar
  • Bhilwara
  • Mount Abu
  • Dwarka
  • Somnath
  • Sarangpur (GJ)
  • Triyambakeshwar
  • Shirdi
  • Parli Vaijnath (Hotel Anasuya Palace?)
  • Aundha Nagnath
  • Nanded
  • Omkareshwar (MP)
  • Ujjain

A road trip is being planned after a week or so. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 8th April 2015 at 23:00.
Old 28th April 2015, 11:02   #1740
J.Ravi

During our recent drive to OD, SK, AS & AR, I booked accommodation in Ginger Hotels through Make My Trip and got good discounts compared to Ginger Hotels website!

A thread on Accommodation & Rates-hotels.jpg
  (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks