Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 07:47   #1621
Team-BHP Support

Re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Guys
Planning for a trip to Valparai with my pet dog labrador during Gandhi Jayanti and Dassara long weekend. Any leads for good pet friendly resorts in Valparai?
There are hardly any hotels in Valparai. There are some estate bungalows. You need to call them up and confirm if they would allow.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 08:01   #1622
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Planning for a trip to Valparai with my pet dog labrador during Gandhi Jayanti and Dassara long weekend. Any leads for good pet friendly resorts in Valparai?
Not sure about per friendly resorts but look up the Valaprai stay and general information thread for recommendations on various estate bungalows/home-stays.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 12:50   #1623
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Need help with accommodation for 2 nights each in the second week of Nov at Munnar and Alleppey.

Thanks.

Waseem.
Old 8th September 2014, 12:58   #1624
Senior - BHPian

I booked a hotel through www.Stayzilla.com as the deal was pretty sweet. It was a low cost deal, for one night only. Now, I did not do any research about this website before booking, but the whole process itself was pretty smooth. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Old 8th September 2014, 16:09   #1625
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Need help with accommodation for 2 nights each in the second week of Nov at Munnar and Alleppey.
Munnar - look up Clouds Valley, it was nice when we stayed there, place was new back then in 2011. It is close to the town as well, near the KSRTC bus stand and Stadium.
Old 8th September 2014, 16:40   #1626
Senior - BHPian

On munnar, i had stayed at "Black Berry Resorts", closer to town, with some amazing views and some great food. This was back in 2011.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 19:33   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Guys,

Thanks.

Waseem.
We stayed at Sterling resorts.. awesome place. Food is ok ok. There is another resort near by, Ayur county resort. Spectacular views, great views and we found the food to be better here as I had to shift from sterling to this place for a night. Both these places, along with club mahindra are around ~20kms from the munnar town.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:32   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Cochin to Sabarimala - travel and accommodation options

One of my colleagues is planning to go to Sabarimala during mid next month. He would be flying down to Cochin and go to Sabarimala from there.

We see some options online but not sure how reliable they are.

Have any of you availed the services of any reliable tour operators recently who can arrange the cab for the round trip and stay at guest house in Sabarimala/Pamba?

Mods,
Couldn't find a relevant thread when I searched. Please merge if a thread already exists.
Old 16th September 2014, 22:38   #1629
BHPian

Planning a trip to Ooty next month. Will reach Coimbatoor by train in the afternoon of 24rd.
What are the options to reach Ooty from there?
Request you for some budget hotel information for 3 days as well, as I will be running tight on finances due to marriage next month.

This will be my first trip to Ooty, hence request you to give me as many options as possible.
Old 16th September 2014, 23:06   #1630
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Planning a trip to Ooty next month. Will reach Coimbatoor by train in the afternoon of 24rd.
What are the options to reach Ooty from there?
Request you for some budget hotel information for 3 days as well, as I will be running tight on finances due to marriage next month.

This will be my first trip to Ooty, hence request you to give me as many options as possible.
Coimbatore-Ooty travel options:
-Buses ply between Coimbatore - Ooty. You can board from the Gandhipuram Bus Stand (opposite the local bus stand you can see another bus stand which is for these buses).
-Take a bus from Coimbatore to Mettupalayam (same bus stand as above). Then take the toy train from Mettupalayam to Ooty. Check the timings, I think this is in the morning though.
-By road (of course! ), maybe hire a cab, it's an excellent scenic drive via Mettupalayam-Coonoor or Kotagiri
-Not too sure about budget hotels but I have had good experience staying at these places and they may fit your budget range:
Hotel Lake View, outskirts near the Gudalur Road
Hotel Charring Cross, heart of the town near the shopping area and botanical garden
You can also check some Bed & Breakfast places like CypressWood B&B

Last edited by NPV : 16th September 2014 at 23:08.
Old 16th September 2014, 23:14   #1631
BHPian

Hello All!

I'm planning trip to Andaman and Nicobar Islands in November 2014, and required some help for fixing up the accommodation. Can anyone who has made a trip there help? It would be an immense help.
Thanks in advance.
Old 16th September 2014, 23:17   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
-Not too sure about budget hotels but I have had good experience staying at these places and they may fit your budget range:
Hotel Lake View, outskirts near the Gudalur Road
Hotel Charring Cross, heart of the town near the shopping area and botanical garden
You can also check some Bed & Breakfast places like CypressWood B&B
NPV, thanks for the quick reply.

One of my friends has suggested me to book accommodation in Blue Hills International Hotel. Any reviews about this hotel? I might call them up tommorrow and get more information about the rates.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:11   #1633
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
One of my friends has suggested me to book accommodation in Blue Hills International Hotel. Any reviews about this hotel? I might call them up tommorrow and get more information about the rates.
Blue hills international - I haven't stayed there so no idea.
TTDC (Tamil Nadu State Govt. owned) also has a good property and I've stayed there many years ago, not sure how it is now.
Old 21st September 2014, 22:01   #1634
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for stay at pollachi for a day ?
My searches on various threads have so far yielded Nivethas Inn, Hotel Sakthi and Hotel Ramanuja.
Any others ?
Old 28th September 2014, 16:38   #1635
vdi
BHPian

Can someone suggest a decent hotel in Delhi[preferably near a metro station] in the range of 3 to 4k.

Should be very neat and clean as this would be for almost 4 nights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks