Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2014, 13:17   #1546
Senior - BHPian

re: A thread on Accommodation & Rates

Are there any good hotels in Murud-Janjira other than the exorbitantly charging Golden Swan beach resort. Planning for a 2 N stay in Murud in last week of this month.
Old 19th March 2014, 23:48   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If in the 1500 range,then this http://www.hoteljankiexecutive.com/tariff.html

If in the 2k+ range then this http://www.vitshotelaurangabad.com/l...mmodations.htm

Else there is the Taj,Lemon Tree

1500 is more the range. Will cheek it out next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post
I have stayed in Lemon Tree, Aurangabad. Very good hotel, has swimming pool, game room, nice restaurant, some open area near the pool. They also have big lawns in the front but are generally used for wedding receptions, etc. It's a very good stay option for a family in Aurangabad.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately at present I was looking more for a transit accommodation and wouldn't have time for pools. But will remember this on a pleasure trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
I have stayed in Janaki executive on couple of occasions and found it to be decent.They have a roof top restaurant and the food is good too.

Waseem.
Thanks Waseem. Will keep this in mind for my next trip.

Just to update: Due to various reasons we had to shelve the plan of a halt en-route. We drove to Shegaon via Aurangabad and stayed there for a night and came back the next day.

But after the above feedback, I can look forward to a leisurely trip next time!
Old 27th March 2014, 10:14   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Would any Bangalore BHPian be able to recommend a decent PG accommodation in Whitefield, preferably single and near ITPL - for 2 months (May/June)? My son has landed with an internship and the office is in Whitefield.
Old 28th March 2014, 10:58   #1549
Distinguished - BHPian

Any good hotels around Anna University in Chennai or any place nearby?. Its for a family stay with budget around 2K.
Old 28th March 2014, 11:19   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Any good hotels around Anna University in Chennai or any place nearby?. Its for a family stay with budget around 2K.
There is an Esthell Hotel at Adyar - looked decent. No personal experience

http://www.esthell.com/hotel/
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 08:54   #1551
BHPian

I need to stay one night in Karur or Dindigul on my way to Munnar from Bangalore. The requirements are budget hotel with AC and clean toilets. Any reference would be highly helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th April 2014, 09:28   #1552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
I need to stay one night in Karur or Dindigul on my way to Munnar from Bangalore. The requirements are budget hotel with AC and clean toilets. Any reference would be highly helpful. Thanks in advance.
If you can push till Theni, then you have Western Gatz. Decent place.

http://www.hotelwesterngatz.com/
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 11:52   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you can push till Theni, then you have Western Gatz. Decent place.

http://www.hotelwesterngatz.com/
Thanks for the response Ampere . I am starting after my work around 4:30, I think it would be a little late to reach Theni. But I would keep the number of this place handy.
Old 4th April 2014, 16:14   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
You can try PLA Residency which is kind of new hence expect to be decent, other option is Hotel Hemala. It is a small town so do not expect much beyond just average exp in any of the budget hotels. Residency is there if you have fat budget.
blorebuddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 18:37   #1555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the response Ampere . I am starting after my work around 4:30, I think it would be a little late to reach Theni. But I would keep the number of this place handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
You can try PLA Residency which is kind of new hence expect to be decent, other option is Hotel Hemala.
Oh yes. I did not realise PLA residency is also present in Karur. They are a good set of hotels are located many cities of TN.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 11:08   #1556
SBR
BHPian

From Cochin, my brother is travelling to Ahmedabad on the 10th of this month. This is his first visit to the city (Ahmedabad) as he has to visit a clients place at Sanand.

He plans to stay there for 3 days i,e, 10th, 11th & 12th and from there proceed to Jaipur.

Any decent hotels at Ahmedabad around 2.5K per night and should be at a convenient location to travel to Sanand. Airport pick up would be an added advantage.

Any hotels in Jaipur in similar budget.

Off Topic - What is the convenient and comfortable way to reach Jaipur from Ahmedabad. I have heard Volvos are plenty.
Old 5th April 2014, 12:15   #1557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
From Cochin, my brother is travelling to Ahmedabad on the 10th of this month. This is his first visit to the city (Ahmedabad) as he has to visit a clients place at Sanand.

He plans to stay there for 3 days i,e, 10th, 11th & 12th and from there proceed to Jaipur.

Any decent hotels at Ahmedabad around 2.5K per night and should be at a convenient location to travel to Sanand. Airport pick up would be an added advantage.

Off Topic - What is the convenient and comfortable way to reach Jaipur from Ahmedabad. I have heard Volvos are plenty.
Plenty of volvos and trains available.
Old 5th April 2014, 12:58   #1558
BHPian

Sorry if this is off-topic for this thread, but didn't find a suitable thread elsewhere.

Planning a 4/5-day trip during the long weekend of Good Friday (including Monday, April 21).

Can't decide where to head!! All I know is - the trip should be a self-drive trip!! No bus, flights or trains.

Sea coasts are my favorite, but then it would be too hot at this time of the year. Covered Goa and Pondicherry in the past 6 months, so I don't want it to become an overkill.

Most of the tourists will be lodged at the hill stations at this time, the vacation crowd that is. Only Kodaikanal comes to mind as I haven't driven there still.

Any suggestions are most welcome. If this takes the thread further off-topic, I am open to discussions elsewhere or PMs.

Thank you!
Old 6th April 2014, 19:39   #1559
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post

Any options. Still waiting
Old 6th April 2014, 19:50   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Sorry if this is off-topic for this thread, but didn't find a suitable thread elsewhere.

Planning a 4/5-day trip during the long weekend of Good Friday (including Monday, April 21).

Can't decide where to head!! All I know is - the trip should be a self-drive trip!! No bus, flights or trains.

Sea coasts are my favorite, but then it would be too hot at this time of the year. Covered Goa and Pondicherry in the past 6 months, so I don't want it to become an overkill.

Most of the tourists will be lodged at the hill stations at this time, the vacation crowd that is. Only Kodaikanal comes to mind as I haven't driven there still.

Any suggestions are most welcome. If this takes the thread further off-topic, I am open to discussions elsewhere or PMs.

Thank you!

KTDC at Munnar is a good option. They don't have a swimming pool though. Kodaikanal will be crowded

KTDC at Thekkady is also good , but slightly more expensive

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks