Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 26th December 2018, 12:37   #511
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Kanyakumari NH7 : Route Queries

Once you cross Karnataka border and enter Hosur, please watch for barricades near junctions placed all along the NHAI. There have been innumerable vehicles hitting these barricades (even i hit one) and ended-up with lot of damages to the car.
The problem is, in lot of places, you would not know it is there till you are pretty close to it, it will surprise you in lot of places.
Please be very careful.
deadguy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2019, 21:07   #512
BHPian

I traveled on this route on 30th December starting 6.15 am from Bangalore to Attingal thinking the roads through Thenmala are bad, that cuts through to Attingal. The route taken was Bangalore Dindigul Madurai Nagercoil Kovalam Attingal. The routes are good and I was able to complete it in 11 hours flat with three breaks and two fuel breaks.
coolrats is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 07:55   #513
BHPian

Planning for a Bangalore Kanyakumari trip and planing to take the NH7. But I also need to take a detour to Vellore and can only start from there by 6 pm that day. Considering the long drive with family I would like to take a night break somewhere and head towards Kanyakumari next day. Staying at Vellore would not help as the distance to Kanyakumari is almost similar to Bangalore.

A. Should I return to Krishnagiri and then take the night break at Salem or Somwehere on NH7 ? I do not want to drive long hours after Vellore in the evening but also like to stay close to NH in a safe place.

B. Is there any route which can help me proceed faster directly from Vellore without returning to Krishnagiri ?

Thanks in advance.
pgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 08:32   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
A. Should I return to Krishnagiri and then take the night break at Salem or Somwehere on NH7 ? I do not want to drive long hours after Vellore in the evening but also like to stay close to NH in a safe place.

B. Is there any route which can help me proceed faster directly from Vellore without returning to Krishnagiri ?

Thanks in advance.

If you are looking at a faster route then I would suggest taking the Krishnagiri route. Also, Salem would be a better option to break, you have multiple options here.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 21:33   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
If you are looking at a faster route then I would suggest taking the Krishnagiri route. Also, Salem would be a better option to break, you have multiple options here.

Thanks, any suggestion on a decent family hotel with car parking ? Would prefer budget hotel since it's just to stay for the night.
pgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2019, 21:58   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Thanks, any suggestion on a decent family hotel with car parking ? Would prefer budget hotel since it's just to stay for the night.
I have stayed in Shrie Shaanth, this is near the bus stand, at least 2Kms from the highway. I paid around 1200/- (Booked via Makemytrip)

Try Grand Estancia via Makemytrip, at times I have seen deals less than 2K. This is on the highway.

CJ Pallazzio is also on the highway.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote