Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2018, 12:37   #511
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kanyakumari NH7 : Route Queries

Once you cross Karnataka border and enter Hosur, please watch for barricades near junctions placed all along the NHAI. There have been innumerable vehicles hitting these barricades (even i hit one) and ended-up with lot of damages to the car.
The problem is, in lot of places, you would not know it is there till you are pretty close to it, it will surprise you in lot of places.
Please be very careful.
Old 9th January 2019, 21:07   #512
BHPian

I traveled on this route on 30th December starting 6.15 am from Bangalore to Attingal thinking the roads through Thenmala are bad, that cuts through to Attingal. The route taken was Bangalore Dindigul Madurai Nagercoil Kovalam Attingal. The routes are good and I was able to complete it in 11 hours flat with three breaks and two fuel breaks.
coolrats is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 07:55   #513
BHPian

Planning for a Bangalore Kanyakumari trip and planing to take the NH7. But I also need to take a detour to Vellore and can only start from there by 6 pm that day. Considering the long drive with family I would like to take a night break somewhere and head towards Kanyakumari next day. Staying at Vellore would not help as the distance to Kanyakumari is almost similar to Bangalore.

A. Should I return to Krishnagiri and then take the night break at Salem or Somwehere on NH7 ? I do not want to drive long hours after Vellore in the evening but also like to stay close to NH in a safe place.

B. Is there any route which can help me proceed faster directly from Vellore without returning to Krishnagiri ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th January 2019, 08:32   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
A. Should I return to Krishnagiri and then take the night break at Salem or Somwehere on NH7 ? I do not want to drive long hours after Vellore in the evening but also like to stay close to NH in a safe place.

B. Is there any route which can help me proceed faster directly from Vellore without returning to Krishnagiri ?

Thanks in advance.

If you are looking at a faster route then I would suggest taking the Krishnagiri route. Also, Salem would be a better option to break, you have multiple options here.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 21:33   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
If you are looking at a faster route then I would suggest taking the Krishnagiri route. Also, Salem would be a better option to break, you have multiple options here.

Thanks, any suggestion on a decent family hotel with car parking ? Would prefer budget hotel since it's just to stay for the night.
Old 24th January 2019, 21:58   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Thanks, any suggestion on a decent family hotel with car parking ? Would prefer budget hotel since it's just to stay for the night.
I have stayed in Shrie Shaanth, this is near the bus stand, at least 2Kms from the highway. I paid around 1200/- (Booked via Makemytrip)

Try Grand Estancia via Makemytrip, at times I have seen deals less than 2K. This is on the highway.

CJ Pallazzio is also on the highway.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 22:32   #517
BHPian

I have finally got a much awaited break from work and have decided to hit the road. The plan is to start from and end at Bangalore with the tentative route being a Coastal Odyssey from Mahabalipuram to Mangalore.
Days available-
Ride- Kawasaki Versys 650
People- 2 (self and wife)

Planned Itinerary
Day 1
Blore to Mahabalipuram
Day 2
Mahabalipuram to Rameshwaram (via Velankanni)
Day 3
Halt at Rameshwaram, visit dhanushkodi
Day 4
Rameshwaram to Trivandrum (via Tuticorin, thiruchendur and kanyakumari following the coast)

Day 5
Trivandrum to Kochi
Day 6
Kochi to Kannur
Day 7
Halt at friend's place
Day 8
Kannur to Bangalore (via Mangalore)

All arrangements for stay have been booked.
1. I am looking forward to suggestions on the route with due deference to road conditions. Particularly for the stretch in bold above
2. Places to halt for food on any of the above stretches.
3. If there's any route to be avoided, kindly let me know.

Last edited by handsofsteel : 10th November 2020 at 22:38.
Old 22nd March 2022, 00:16   #518
BHPian

We are planning to drive BLR-Kanyakumari. Starting from Electronic City between 2 to 3AM, so exit out of BLR should be relatively easy.

From Kanyakumari, would like to visit Rameswaram followed by Velankanni and then back to BLR. Night halt- Kanyakumari, Rameswaram.

Please let me know which is the best route, road condition and time taken- specifically for BLR-Kanyakumari. (Would like to limit myself to 100kmph max).
Old 22nd March 2022, 08:52   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Please let me know which is the best route, road condition and time taken- specifically for BLR-Kanyakumari. (Would like to limit myself to 100kmph max).
There is only one route for BLR-Kanyakumari unless you want to deviate from the highway. Its 4L roads all till Kanyakumari. Depending on your speed and number of stops, it will take 8-10 or 11 hours.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:08   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know which is the best route
Bangalore-Kanyakumari is straightforward.

Kanyakumari-Rameswaram - If you are comfortable driving a 1.5 lane road with mostly no traffic, you can take the Kanyakumari-Tiruchendur-Tuticorin. Otherwise take Kanyakumari-Tirunelveli-Tuticorin. From Tuticorin, its ECR to Ramnad and only road to Rameswaram. Ramewaram-Velankanni is agains straightforward, you'll take the ECR north of Ramnad.

Bangalore-Kanyakumari should take about 9 hours plus breaks. You should mostly reach by lunch.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:12   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From E-City it is about 630 km, and if you limit yourself to max 100 kmph your average I think would be in the 70 kmph range - which then makes your trip an even 9 hours long.

Add food, bio, refuelling, sightseeing, rest stops etc. and you get a decent arrival time estimate.

As far as the route goes - just take Hosur road from E-City and keep going till the end. The road is excellent throughout.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 09:58   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Bangalore-Kanyakumari is straightforward.

Kanyakumari-Rameswaram - If you are comfortable driving a 1.5 lane road with mostly no traffic, you can take the Kanyakumari-Tiruchendur-Tuticorin. Otherwise take Kanyakumari-Tirunelveli-Tuticorin. From Tuticorin, its ECR to Ramnad and only road to Rameswaram. Ramewaram-Velankanni is agains straightforward, you'll take the ECR north of Ramnad.

Bangalore-Kanyakumari should take about 9 hours plus breaks. You should mostly reach by lunch.
Kanyakumari- Rameswaram, for a 6-7AM start which is the faster route?
Also, Velankanni- BLR, which is the suggested route?
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:17   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Kanyakumari- Rameswaram, for a 6-7AM start which is the faster route?
Kanyakumari-Tirunelveli-Tuticorin route will be quicker as it is 4L till Tuticorin.
Old 24th April 2022, 17:37   #524
BHPian

Quote:
We are planning to drive BLR-Kanyakumari. Starting from Electronic City between 2 to 3AM, so exit out of BLR should be relatively easy.

From Kanyakumari, would like to visit Rameswaram followed by Velankanni and then back to BLR. Night halt- Kanyakumari, Rameswaram.

Planning for this drive in the next 2-3 weeks. Please suggest good hotels to stay (4 wheeler parking) both at Kanyakumari (2 days) and Rameswaram (1-2 days). If there are any facing the sea, it would be a plus point. Also, any good restaurants for seafood at these locations?

Last edited by xotiq : 24th April 2022 at 17:38.
Old 24th April 2022, 17:41   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest good hotels to stay (4 wheeler parking) both at Kanyakumari (2 days) and Rameswaram (1-2 days).
We stayed at Sparsa in Kanyakumari. Across the road from the beach, walking distance to sunrise and sunset points and ample secure parking.

Link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/as3DqL8SNVwVpza3A
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks