Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 21:35   #121
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Kanyakumari NH7 : Route Queries

Toll in almost the entire stretch between Bangalore-Chennai, seems to have been revised from 07 Jun. While returning back to Bangalore from Chennai on 05 Jun, was handed over a hand-out at Pallikonda toll plaza which had the information below :

For cars -

Vaniyambadi - Toll fare for single entry revised to INR 60 (I think the earlier fare was INR 30)

Pallikonda - Toll fare for single entry revised to INR 60 (I think the earlier fare was INR 45)

If the 6 laning is only till Kishnagiri why are the other stretches also being increased? The handout also read the company as 'L & T Krishnagiri Walajahpet Tollway Limited'. With rising fuel costs, the additional burden of increased tolls are only going to reduce the number of drive-down to Chennai, atleast in personal case.
Old 10th June 2011, 09:54   #122
BHPian

To add, the toll at Attibele booth also is going to be revised I think. The backside of the receipt says User Fee revision from July 1. Currently it is Rs.20 one way and Rs.30 day pass.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:20   #123
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
To add, the toll at Attibele booth also is going to be revised I think. The backside of the receipt says User Fee revision from July 1. Currently it is Rs.20 one way and Rs.30 day pass.
As it is I feel cheated by paying a toll at Attibele because I always take the Whitefield-Sarjapur-Attibele Road but still have to pay the toll when crossing Karnataka (though I never used Hosur Road) !
Old 10th June 2011, 16:47   #124
BHPian

^^ If you want to avoid Attibele toll, you can take either Sarjapur - Bagalur road or take Attibele - TVS Factory route to Hosur although both add 3-4 kms to the distance and a bit of poor Hosur roads.

Vaniyambadi toll can be avoided by taking Barugur - Tirupattur (not so good roads for 4 Kms but otherwise ok) - Vaniyambadi SH (the one to take for Yelagiri). Again a little extra distance and 3 Kms of Tirupattur and a KM of Barugur local traffic versus Rs 60 toll.

Cheers
Old 5th August 2011, 19:59   #125
BHPian

Thanks to all!
I am planning a B'lore to K'kumari during end-Aug. This thread has seemingly all information that I need.
Old 6th August 2011, 09:34   #126
BHPian

If the Hosur - Krishnagiri 6 lane road is implemented with said under pass & flyovers, it will be good for us, as Hosur local traffic is a big problem, and too many "U" turn points/ junctions its really tough to keep a good speed during day. I only hope if NHAI can solve the issue while entering Hosur near TVS factory check post, who has travelled in evening to night will know.
Old 8th August 2011, 12:27   #127
BHPian

^^ Agree with you Asdon; I live in Hosur and drive to Whitefield everyday; It takes anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to cross Hosur, from the Attibele tollbooth on NH7 to the Ashok Leyland Unit II (past Bathalapalli), a distance of some 10kms only.

Hosur being a bustling town and growing rapidly, the NH7 passing through has become a big wide town road that gets clogged with town traffic morning and evening. It is a shame to call it National Highway.
Old 8th August 2011, 15:02   #128
Senior - BHPian

Towards Hosur from Bangalore, there are always dozen+ vehicles "parked" on the left lane near Ashok Leyland Plant 1 (one near St Joseph school). The area being infamous for this "roadside parking" and countless accidents since 90s still doesnt have any foot overbridge or anything (although I doubt anyone would use it).

Rather than multiple U-turns, its actually bad driving/riding without any care for rules in the entire stretch that is a source of concern. Not that other towns are any better, the kind of fast traffic influx the town gets and the least care for safety even under these circumstances is what makes the stretch a bit dangerous. Thankfully the bus stand has shifted to its original location, otherwise the bikes and autos driven on the wrong side were a big headache.

PS: BTW, did you guys know NH7 is known as the bypass road in Hosur
Old 26th March 2012, 18:44   #129
Senior - BHPian

I had started this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...nyakumari.html 3 years ago - and now am back again asking about the same route.

This time, its a different bike - the Honda CBR 250R and again, questions

Is the complete route good roads without a break - except for places like Hosur? Anything that I have to be aware of? I am planning to start at around 4 AM and since it is the CBR, I plan to ride hard and complete the 690 odd kms in one ride. This is going to be a strictly-reach-home-early-and-safe rides so no sight-seeing, too many stops etc.

Would appreciate updates and any tips. Especially with the weather blazing.

I also plan to ride back the same route. Date for onward is 4/4/12 and return on 8/4/12.
Old 26th March 2012, 19:17   #130
BHPian

It's a straight stretch via Madurai. Very good 4L roads all the way till Kanyakumari and can easily be done in a day. If you cruise at say 80-90 km/h, you can do it in 10 - 11 hrs without breaks.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 19:22   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I had started this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...nyakumari.html 3 years ago - and now am back again asking about the same route.

Is the complete route good roads without a break - except for places like Hosur? Anything that I have to be aware of? I am planning to start at around 4 AM and since it is the CBR, I plan to ride hard and complete the 690 odd kms in one ride. This is going to be a strictly-reach-home-early-and-safe rides so no sight-seeing, too many stops etc.

Would appreciate updates and any tips. Especially with the weather blazing.

I also plan to ride back the same route. Date for onward is 4/4/12 and return on 8/4/12.
We had travelled to Kanyakumari last December end and of course with a halt over at Madurai. I remember one stretch before you reach Madurai which was being freshly layed and hence a minor delay. The roads were good all throughout but then we were travelling in an Innova. Also since you are on a 2 wheeler I guess you are exempt from the toll but exposed to the hot weather. Wish you a happy and safe journey.
Old 26th March 2012, 19:53   #132
Team-BHP Support

Dead straight 4 lane roads with all the bypasses in place. In fact its so straight forward that you may find it boring!

Edit: asdon has a very good point. During the daytime heat would be simmering. Good to start earlier and cover lots of distances during early hours.

Last edited by ampere : 26th March 2012 at 20:03.
Old 26th March 2012, 19:54   #133
BHPian

Quote:

The road is complete and can be done without halts, but as you will be doing it in a bike, and its summer, so equations do change. As you have mentioned you will start at 4am, you will reach near Dharmapuri by 6, its good if you could pass Salem before 6:30am, else local traffic may give you hard time. Why not start by 3am instead? In my long drives(90% of which are in night) I observed, traffic will be very less during 1:30am to 4am, and you can cover some distance in this time zone and temperature will be very nice too.
Old 26th March 2012, 21:01   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
It's a straight stretch via Madurai. Very good 4L roads all the way till Kanyakumari and can easily be done in a day. If you cruise at say 80-90 km/h, you can do it in 10 - 11 hrs without breaks.
Yup - hope to do it in those speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Dead straight 4 lane roads with all the bypasses in place. In fact its so straight forward that you may find it boring!

Edit: asdon has a very good point. During the daytime heat would be simmering. Good to start earlier and cover lots of distances during early hours.
Yeah Ampere - agree on the boring roads part. But don't mind as I kinda want to just ride. Not a big fan of knee-dragging, so no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
The road is complete and can be done without halts, but as you will be doing it in a bike, and its summer, so equations do change. As you have mentioned you will start at 4am, you will reach near Dharmapuri by 6, its good if you could pass Salem before 6:30am, else local traffic may give you hard time. Why not start by 3am instead? In my long drives(90% of which are in night) I observed, traffic will be very less during 1:30am to 4am, and you can cover some distance in this time zone and temperature will be very nice too.
Ok, sounds like a better idea. But don't want to lose sleep as I reach home from office only at around 10 PM. Want to be rested by the time I start - hence the 4 AM start. But thanks for the headsup.

And guys - since it is going to be damned hot, am planning to get some Gatorade for the ride. Any other names or drinks that I can have?
Old 27th March 2012, 15:48   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Yup - hope to do it in those speeds.

And guys - since it is going to be damned hot, am planning to get some Gatorade for the ride. Any other names or drinks that I can have?
Yes, Tender Coconut which will be available throughout this stretch. In plenty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks