Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2022, 11:20   #631

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Absolutely worth it. Given it bypass the Bangalore-Tumkur totally. Also Doddaballapur road is now expanded its easy to drive all the way till Madhugiri. I have not taken the Sira road. But expect this should also be great!
This is my go to route when I travel towards Hiriyur/Chitradurga and further as I stay in Yelahanka area. Roads are good all the way till Sira. Very minimal traffic and hence peaceful drive.
sixersiddu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 12:54   #632
BHPian

Hi I'm planning to travel from Hyderabad to Kerala on 23-Dec. (Via Hosur - Coimbatore)
Starting 6 am from Hyderabad and pass through Bangalore around 4pm.

Is taking NH44 is the best option to reach Hosur as I'm traveling with my Kid and don't want to take the internal roads ?
Note : it is the start of peak holiday season 23 Friday.
Old 6th December 2022, 12:12   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconRed View Post
Hi I'm planning to travel from Hyderabad to Kerala on 23-Dec. (Via Hosur - Coimbatore)
Starting 6 am from Hyderabad and pass through Bangalore around 4pm.

Is taking NH44 is the best option to reach Hosur as I'm traveling with my Kid and don't want to take the internal roads ?
Note : it is the start of peak holiday season 23 Friday.
I have the same question. Driving from Hyderabad to Trivandrum. The google map is taking me right through Blore and I would like to avoid that. Is there any bypass or outer roads that can help me not get into the city?

Planning my halt at either Dindigul or Madhurai depending on what time I reach there.
chipsnchops is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 13:12   #634
Senior - BHPian

The previously used bypass roads around Bangalore are not in good condition, you can try to partially bypass Bangalore by taking the Dobespet - Nelamangala - NICE Road. If you are entering Bangalore in the early morning, reaching NICE Road(PESIT) from Hebbal should not take more than 45 minutes.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th December 2022 at 13:13.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 17:04   #635
Team-BHP Support

The old NH207 or the new NH648 is now being converted to 4/6 lane (also called Satellite Town Ring Road or STRR).

Under this project Bangalore is supposed to get a full 300km peripheral circle : Dobbaspet-Doddaballapur-Devanahalli-Hoskote-Baglur External - Hosur External (cuts Krishagiri Highway beyond Hosur) - Anekal - Ramnagar - Magadi - Guddemaranahalli - Dobbaspet.

If you see Google maps in satellite mode you will see 4-lane construction work and bypass work at Doddaballapur and Devanahalli.

At Hoskote the STRR is supposed connect to the new Chennai expressway which is also coming up (you all can see this in satellite mode in Google).

This is long desired project which got stalled thanks to funding I think. Once it came under the aegis of Central Govt Bharatmala plan, it has got some wings. This definitely eases the burden on NICE for traffic bypassing Bangalore and be huge relief for all in Electronic City and travellers to/fro Bengalore.

Another development which is supposed to happen (I think already started) is the dedicated 4-lane corridor starting from Hosur road just before Attibele and leads on to the old Dharmapuri highway all the way to Dharmapuri via Rayakottai/Palacode. This definitely helps south bound traffic as this can be free of Chennai bound traffic. This section was a SH and now has already converted to a NH (844).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...way_844_(India)

There is also a plan for a peripheral ring road PRR (a full circle around NICE road). I am less hopeful of this. But if the STRR comes alive especially in the south, it would be huge relief to Bangalore. For many decades the ORR and the NICE roads have been carrying the burden of Bangalore bypass traffic and as a result the resident commuters of Bangalore have suffered in silent agony. Hope we would live to see this come alive and actually harvest the benefits!
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 18:44   #636
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you see Google maps in satellite mode you will see 4-lane construction work and bypass work at Doddaballapur and Devanahalli.
The Doddaballapura bypass passes very close to Colombia Asia Hospital (now Manipal) and will hardly take less than 15 minutes from Yelahanka (NES) junction.

Work is in full swing for this bypass including erection of pillars and supporting structure for the elevated section. This was on last Saturday:

On Bypassing Bangalore-20221203_100606.jpg

Since this is a "ring" road, there is certainly hope that they will provide entry/exit ramps here since Doddaballapura road is also one of the major entry points for regular traffic from Gauribidanur/Hindupur side into Bangalore and once completed, it will provide a quick exit out of the city too.

On the other hand, the Devanahalli bypass will literally cut into a plotted property developed by a major builder from south that their scale model also has this road passing from their property right from the center while they claim that the entire perimeter belongs to them but the road!

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th December 2022 at 18:46.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 12:53   #637

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Stayed at Hosur on the first day and started at 6 am the next day and at Nandi Upachar, Devanahally by 8 am..
Any leads on decent stay at Hosur on the highway itself?

Surprisingly MMT or GoIbibo doesn't show much hotel options for stay at Hosur.
Old 24th January 2023, 14:06   #638
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekcochin View Post

TGI Fortuna Grand. Seems like a decent place. Do check it out. I dont know much. Have just heard about it. Location

The other one is Claresta

Last edited by ampere : 24th January 2023 at 14:09.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 14:15   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
I was looking at Sira - Madhugiri - Thondebavi - Doddaballapur
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I had taken this route last month when we returned from Dandeli on a Sunday evening and it took us exactly 2 hours to reach Yelahanka from Sira, in bliss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixersiddu View Post
This is my go to route when I travel towards Hiriyur/Chitradurga and further as I stay in Yelahanka area. Roads are good all the way till Sira. Very minimal traffic and hence peaceful drive.
For this route, do we have to go all the way till Gauribidanuru or is there an internal route from Thondebavi to Madhugiri?

Last edited by theredliner : 24th January 2023 at 14:25.
Old 24th January 2023, 14:35   #640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
For this route, do we have to go all the way till Gauribidanuru or is there an internal route from Thondebavi to Madhugiri?
I dont think we have any route that can help gain time and distance. You will have to go all the way till Gauribidanur. Its a good option because there on the road is awesome all the way till Yelahanka.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 15:03   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekcochin View Post

I stayed in the Sakura Inn. It is decent one for a night, small yet clean room. Only drawback is they don't have secured parking. I booked it through Agoda.
JohnnyBoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 15:30   #642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely no need to go all the way to Gauribidanur. However, the longer route via Gauribidanuru will be efficient due to wider and faster sections.

The route from Tondebavi right in front of ACC also passes through some very scenic sections after Alipura.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 16:13   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
I stayed in the Sakura Inn. It is decent one for a night, small yet clean room. Only drawback is they don't have secured parking. I booked it through Agoda.
Hi Johnny, Thanks. I think you did Kochi-Hyderabad? In this sector, I plan my night break at Hosur.

Would you be able to share:
a) Your experience in this route. Breaks taken including any restaurants, hotels (Sakura Inn already shared by you)
b) Route taken. Did you bypass Bangalore or traveled through the city?
c) Other useful tips
Old 24th January 2023, 16:33   #644

Quote:
There is internal route via Alipura. We need to take diversion near the cement factory just before Thondebavi. This stretch is also fairly good. I last traveled on this route in Aug 2022. The last 4-5 kms stretch before joining NH-69 was being relaid. Not sure if it is complete now.
sixersiddu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 12:20   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The route from Tondebavi right in front of ACC also passes through some very scenic sections after Alipura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixersiddu View Post
There is internal route via Alipura. We need to take diversion near the cement factory just before Thondebavi.
Thanks. Just for clarity, do I have to take the road that goes through Bommaladevipura?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks