Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2022, 18:25   #601
BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Hi, Will be going from Hyderabad to Mysore. How do i bypass Bangalore to go on to Hassan road ?
Should I do Penugonda - Dobbaspet - Hassan road OR Cikkaballapur - Hassan Road ?
Priority is good roads and not distance.
Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 18:42   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydtraveller View Post
Hi, Will be going from Hyderabad to Mysore. How do i bypass Bangalore to go on to Hassan road ?
Should I do Penugonda - Dobbaspet - Hassan road OR Cikkaballapur - Hassan Road ?
Priority is good roads and not distance.
Thanks
I guess you should also look at Anantapur - Penugonda - Madhugiri - Tumakuru - Hassan road, it's mostly a single lane, but good to drive.

My native is Madhugiri, I always enjoy my drive from Dabaspet to my place for it is a nicely laid single road.

PS - Madhugiri is known for its single monolithic hill, which is the second largest in Asia, you can also see it while passing the town.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 10th May 2022 at 19:00.
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 19:17   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I guess you should also look at Anantapur - Penugonda - Madhugiri - Tumakuru - Hassan road, it's mostly a single lane, but good to drive.

My native is Madhugiri, I always enjoy my drive from Dabaspet to my place for it is a nicely laid single road.
Thanks ,
How is the traffic density from Penugonda to Thumkur?
And from Thumkur do I take Dobbaspet - Gudemaranahalli road OR Hebber - Kunigal road ?
Thanks

Last edited by ampere : 10th May 2022 at 20:33. Reason: Fixed quote tag
hydtraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 19:54   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydtraveller View Post
Thanks ,
How is the traffic density from Penugonda to Thumkur?
And from Thumkur do I take Dobbaspet - Gudemaranahalli road OR Hebber - Kunigal road ?
Thanks
Penugonda to Tumakuru traffic is easily manageable, mostly you will find occasional buses and trucks, not much of four wheeler traffic.

If you are going via Tumakuru, it has to be through Hebbur, however I am not aware of the road conditions.

Another route will be Madhugiri - Dabaspet - Hassan road, here again I know the roads upto Dabaspet and not aware of road condition from Dabaspet to reach Hassan road, which is possibly via Kudur.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 13:03   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
do you still recommend the Nagmangala - Pandavapura option?
6 am Start from Garuda Mall area would mean you run into 7 am morning traffic on Mysore road from Bidadi. While large stretches are 6L, the pain will be those diversions with multiple speed breakers, where you will end up crawling behind slow/heavy traffic. My choice would still be Nagmangala - Pandavapura.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 17:14   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

1. Given the progress of 6-laning work going on the Bangalore - Mysore highway, do you still recommend the Nagmangala - Pandavapura option?

2. Would that still be the recommendation if we take the bike?

I live in Central Bangalore (near Garuda mall) and we probably would leave by 5 - 6 am.
I would say only 40% is open for 6 lanes, because bypasses are not open, and you still drive through cities of Mandya, Ramanagara etc.
If you are not stressed out at people cutting through where there are diversions and narrow stretches (which is substantial) it is okay with regular route, but expect that and have a sedate drive, you will be okay.
In the past I used to be stressed at that, but recent drive, I stuck to my pace and was able to beat that negativity with the traffic
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 17:27   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove between Dabaspete to Doddaballapura recently on NH648 and it was a smooth drive on the completed sections, and not too bad on the diversions. Ignore Google showing route closures. There is one level crossing but not a long wait in my experience.

Highly recommended to those wanting to cut through from Tumkur Road towards Bellary Road..

EDIT: Huge progress since this last update from Parag: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5192342 (On Bypassing Bangalore)
Attached Thumbnails
On Bypassing Bangalore-screenshot_20220513172757.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th May 2022 at 17:45.
Old 13th May 2022, 18:10   #608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
We might be doing a Mysore run this (or next) weekend. Split for choice between the Interceptor and SCross so that's probably will be decided on the day of traveling wrt rain (otherwise INT650 has the preference).

1. Given the progress of 6-laning work going on the Bangalore - Mysore highway, do you still recommend the Nagmangala - Pandavapura option?

2. Would that still be the recommendation if we take the bike?

I live in Central Bangalore (near Garuda mall) and we probably would leave by 5 - 6 am.
I suggest the pandavapura - nagamangala option. The Mysore road has too many diversions and still needs to pass through the city. Only issue with your option 1 is there are quite a few seed breakers in the 2 lane road which might be frustrating. And the route is 30 kms longer than the mysore road
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 10:13   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sarjapur to Varthur road is also not in good shape is what I heard last month. If one is coming from Attibele, you will hit this road and entire stretch from Attibele - Sarjarpur - Varthur is considered bad. Varthur road is also always traffic heavy.
Sarjapur to Dommasandra Circle road has been relaid (not sure about the opposite direction). The flyover construction work is on-going at the circle.

Dommasandra Circle till Gunjur road was widened and relaid months back. But there is very heavy traffic on this stretch till Varthur, especially in the afternoon hours.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 12:18   #610
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Hyderabad in the first week of September from Kochi. The plan is to start by 2 pm and stay at Salem on the first day and reach Hyderabad by next day evening.

I will be at Bangalore by the peak traffic hours on the second day, so thinking to bypass it through either of the following routes suggested by Gmaps.

1. Attibele-Varthur-Hoskote-Sullibele-Devanahalli-Chikkaballapur
2. Hosur-Chikatiurpathi-Hoskote-Devanahalli-Chikkaballapur
3. Hosur-Baglur-Malur-Hoskote- Devanahalli-Chikkaballapur
4. Shoolagiri-Athimugam-Berigai-Malur-Hoskote- Devanahalli-Chikkaballapur

Solicit comments on the above routes or suggestions for alternative routes for bypassing Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th August 2022, 12:58   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
I am planning to drive to Hyderabad in the first week of September from Kochi. The plan is to start by 2 pm and stay at Salem on the first day and reach Hyderabad by next day evening.

I will be at Bangalore by the peak traffic hours on the second day, so thinking to bypass it through either of the following routes suggested by Gmaps.

2. Hosur-Chikatiurpathi-Hoskote-Devanahalli-Chikkaballapur
3. Hosur-Baglur-Malur-Hoskote- Devanahalli-Chikkaballapur
4. Shoolagiri-Athimugam-Berigai-Malur-Hoskote- Devanahalli-Chikkaballapur

Solicit comments on the above routes or suggestions for alternative routes for bypassing Bangalore.

Thanks in advance.
I always think it's better to directly go thru Bangalore city than those options, there's a long flyover from Hosur to Koramangala which cuts most of the traffic. Kormangala to Bangalore airport is just one long road with few diversions( around 3-5 signals at most) this is the busiest part of the travel which probably requires 1.15 hrs in bad traffic and 45 mins with no traffic. once you hit mekhri circle, the traffic is a non-issue since its a long road with no traffic signals until you leave Bangalore( even the hebbal flyover is a nonissue since u are going in the opposite direction of the traffic)
Old 4th August 2022, 13:07   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Avoid going through Varthur, at all costs.
Not sure about option 4, but to me option 3 looks fine, better than 2.
redCherry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 13:36   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just cut across the city. It is not worth to take all these detours though it may avoid city. The conditions of all those roads are uncertain. The city traffic that you have to go through to cut across is not that bad as it is not the IT belt which is where the traffic is bad. You are good till Silk board flyover anyway as it is toll road till there. And then put on the map to see the best route within the city to reach the Hebbal Flyover which is the exit point towards Hyderabad.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 14:15   #614
Senior - BHPian

The connecting roads between Whitefield and Hosur Road via Sarjapur and Chandapura are in worst condition. As suggested by fellow member, these old short cuts are of no use today.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 14:57   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest stretching a couple of hours more on day 1 to reach Hosur, staying overnight there and cutting through Bangalore in the early morning hours (5-7 AM) of the next day.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks