Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2020, 17:48   #541
BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Is there any route that connects the South East of the City (while coming from Hosur) to the Hyderabad highway and completely bypasses Bengaluru city? Google maps suggests taking a right at Atibele and passing through Hoskote and joins the Hyd highway at Devanahalli. How is this route in terms of surface quality and traffic?

Distance and time wise both routes (one above and the route through the city) seem to take the same time.

Need suggestions as we are planning a non-stop drive from Coimbatore till Hyderabad and want to check if there any route options that completely bypass Bangalore city traffic as we will need be in the whereabouts of Bangalore around noon.

Preference is a mix of good surfaces with moderate traffic as we don't want to be exhausted by the time we cross Bangalore.

Last edited by racer_ash : 30th December 2020 at 17:50. Reason: additional info added
Old 31st December 2020, 12:03   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Is there any route that connects the South East of the City (while coming from Hosur) to the Hyderabad highway and completely bypasses Bengaluru city? Google maps suggests taking a right at Atibele and passing through Hoskote and joins the Hyd highway at Devanahalli. How is this route in terms of surface quality and traffic?

Distance and time wise both routes (one above and the route through the city) seem to take the same time.

Need suggestions as we are planning a non-stop drive from Coimbatore till Hyderabad and want to check if there any route options that completely bypass Bangalore city traffic as we will need be in the whereabouts of Bangalore around noon.

Preference is a mix of good surfaces with moderate traffic as we don't want to be exhausted by the time we cross Bangalore.
I normally take this route from Hosur.
Bagalur - Alambadi - Chikkatirupathi - Thirumalashettihalli - Hoskote - Devanahalli.
I had traveled a month back on this route.
The stretch from Bagalur to Chikkatirupathi road work was going on hope it's complete by now.
Many intersections and twisty road but can save toll and time during the day. Usually it takes 1.30mins from Hosur to Devanahalli in the night. During the day it is subject to traffic conditions at Hoskote Town and a railway gate at Thirumalashettihalli.
The roads conditions are good throughout.

Last edited by gajadonga : 31st December 2020 at 12:06.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 22:36   #543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
One option is the Attibele-Sarjapur-Varthur road, gets one directly to old airport road beyond Kundalahalli towards Hope farm junction in Whitefield.
Also note if any one is trying to go past Sarjapur town, the back end access to Chikka Tirupathi/Bagalur blocked. This was as of last week. All traffic was diverted as shown below.

On Bypassing Bangalore-sarjapur.jpg
Old 26th January 2021, 22:42   #544
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Also note if any one is trying to go past Sarjapur town, the back end access to Chikka Tirupathi/Bagalur blocked. This was as of last week. All traffic was diverted as shown below.
This shouldn't be an issue for Attibele-Sarjapur-Varthur route, correct? Just need to make a left turn at the sarjapur police station, stay on sarjapur road till Dommasandra and turn off to right towards Varthur. One will not need to go towards chikka Tirupati.
However, if one is taking Hosur-Bagalur, one cannot get onto the Varthur road direction because of the blockage, correct ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 11:18   #545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This shouldn't be an issue for Attibele-Sarjapur-Varthur route, correct? Just need to make a left turn at the sarjapur police station, stay on sarjapur road till Dommasandra and turn off to right towards Varthur. One will not need to go towards chikka Tirupati.
However, if one is taking Hosur-Bagalur, one cannot get onto the Varthur road direction because of the blockage, correct ?
Agreed. But question was many try to avoid the Attibele toll and take the Hosur Bagalur route and come back to get to Varthur. That may get difficult for some time.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 14:24   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
I normally take this route from Hosur.
Bagalur - Alambadi - Chikkatirupathi - Thirumalashettihalli - Hoskote - Devanahalli.
The stretch from Bagalur to Chikkatirupathi road work was going on hope it's complete by now.
Update on the road conditions from last week drive.

Devanahalli to Sulibele
The roads are with potholes in some stretches but manageable.

Sulibele- Hoskote - Samenthanahalli - Chikkatirupathi.
Roads are in good condition.

Chikkatirupathi to Alambadi.
Small stretch of 4 to 5kms is bad with pot holes..

Alambadi - Hosur.

Good road conditions.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 11:40   #547
BHPian

I'm travelling from Hyderabad to Ooty next week and need advise on bypassing Bangalore. I have bypassed Bangalore in October by taking a right at Nandi X and going on to the Mangalore Highway upto Bellur X and on to Mysore.
Would like to know if it is advisable to go from Penugonda in A.P to Madakasiri, Dobbaspet, Gudemaranahalli and on to Mangalore Highway.
Need help/advise on road conditions and any time saving.
Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 12:36   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydtraveller View Post
I'm travelling from Hyderabad to Ooty next week and need advise on bypassing Bangalore. I have bypassed Bangalore in October by taking a right at Nandi X and going on to the Mangalore Highway upto Bellur X and on to Mysore.
Would like to know if it is advisable to go from Penugonda in A.P to Madakasiri, Dobbaspet, Gudemaranahalli and on to Mangalore Highway.
Need help/advise on road conditions and any time saving.
Thanks
Madaksira to Dabaspet remains in super good shape and hence no need to worry If road conditions are a concern.

Once at Dabaspet, you have a choice to join Mangalore highway either at Nelamangala or via Shivagange at Gudemaranahalli. I will choose Gudemaranahalli. Roads are good here too.

Last edited by paragsachania : 30th January 2021 at 13:04.
Old 30th January 2021, 20:48   #549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would suggest Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemarahalli. Distances are nearly same and it helps avoid Nelamangala town and a toll.

Yes but some effort need to clear past Dobbaspet town.

Overall I hope Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet is holding up.
Old 30th January 2021, 22:10   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Overall I hope Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet is holding up.
Absolutely good. I drove last month and that too in dense fog on my way to Hubli. The surface here and there is patchy but overall easily driveable despite of expansion work that is stalled.

Latest news reports mention that this will gain some traction now.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 13:37   #551
BHPian

Thanks Paragsachania and Ampere.

Have taken the Devanhalli (Nandi X) , Doddaballapur, Dobbaspet route in October 2020 and I prefer it to entering/exiting Bangalore.
Would like to try Penugonda,Madakasira, Dobbaspet route.

Will update once i take it.
Thanks again.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st January 2021 at 14:08. Reason: Adding some line spacing :)
Old 31st January 2021, 17:35   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Paragsachania and Ampere.

Have taken the Devanhalli (Nandi X) , Doddaballapur, Dobbaspet route in October 2020 and I prefer it to entering/exiting Bangalore.
Would like to try Penugonda,Madakasira, Dobbaspet route.

Will update once i take it.
Thanks again.
As you can read from my earlier response on the same thread, the roads from Madakasira to Dabaspet are in excellent shape.

This is from my drive twice from the recent past.
Old 14th March 2021, 16:49   #553
BANNED

Query to all the experts!
Long time lurker and finally on T-bhp.

If I take the Magadi nice exit ( From pesit side), which locality do I end up In?

The Nice toll guys say Gollarahatti, the maps say bydarahalli.
Kindly advise , someone who takes this route regularly?

Ps: Idea is to connect to Hassan highway, as quickly as possible from south Bangalore side!
Old 14th March 2021, 18:08   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Kumara View Post
If I take the Magadi nice exit ( From pesit side), which locality do I end up In?
You will exit at Gollarahatti side.

Quote:
The Nice toll guys say Gollarahatti, the maps say bydarahalli.
Kindly advise , someone who takes this route regularly?
I took this exit only yesterday morning. You will get onto Magadi road at Gollarahatti which is a semi urban area and crossing this on a normal day won't consume much time anyway.

Quote:
Ps: Idea is to connect to Hassan highway, as quickly as possible from south Bangalore side!
Since I drove on yesterday itself let me tell you that NICE Exit to Magadi road that was carpet like is now patchy at few places. So you need to be careful when driving on this road. Also, when you are closing in near Magadi, there is road expansion work in progress (not sure if its 4 lane expansion though).

Lastly, there is now a toll booth few kms before you hit the Hassan highway on this State Highway. Fastag is functional and the one way fare to cross this booth is 45 INR for LMVs.

Will this be the fastest route to reach Hassan road on a normal day - May be not given the present patchy conditions. But surely on a Saturday morning since you will avoid 3 busy booths - NICE road Exit, NBTL Entry and Devihali at Nelamangala.

Last edited by ampere : 14th March 2021 at 20:52.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 18:29   #555
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You will exit at Gollarahatti side.

I took this exit only yesterday morning. You will get onto Magadi road at Gollarahatti which is a semi urban area and crossing this on a normal day won't consume much time anyway.

Since I drove on yesterday itself let me tell you that NICE Exit to Magadi road that was carpet like is now patchy at few places. So you need to be careful when driving on this road. Also, when you are closing in near Magadi, there is road expansion work in progress (not sure if its 4 lane expansion though).

Lastly, there is now a toll booth few kms before you hit the Hassan highway on this State Highway. Fastag is functional and the one way fare to cross this booth is 45 INR for LMVs.

Will this be the fastest route to reach Hassan road on a normal day - May be not given the present patchy conditions. But surely on a Saturday morning since you will avoid 3 busy booths - NICE road Exit, NBTL Entry and Devihali at Nelamangala.
Thanks a ton Parag!
I need to exit via nice toll exit at Magadi, if I take the 100 rs toll ticket at Nice toll, hosakerehalli.
I'm a lil confused as to the statment, when you say nice exit is avoided?

Looks like I will continue taking the nice exit ( at madanayakanahalli) , the only bummer is the massive 136 rs toll cost!
Ps. I stay near Bsk bus stand.

Last edited by ampere : 14th March 2021 at 20:50. Reason: fixed quote tags

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks