Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2017, 15:12   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Has anyone recently traveled on NH207 between Doddaballapur - Dabaspete? How is the road condition?
Last time I drove was in first week of November. That time there were many spots with potholes and add to it the road widening work blocking the one lane at some places.
The widening work is still in progress and the potholes remain although not that bad during the day time to negotiate.

My only grouse with this road was at nights, the construction debris is badly managed and all of a sudden you will notice a heap of sand right ahead of you.

The 4 lane work is getting there, in bits and pieces but might easily take few more months to complete.

This update is from 3 weeks before.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 16:00   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The widening work is still in progress and the potholes remain although not that bad during the day time to negotiate.
This update is from 3 weeks before.
Thanks! I am starting from Chennai early morning, so it would be broad daylight when I take this stretch.

I am not sure if my below query is related to this thread or not. Anyway I will put it across.
I see this road between Kolar and Devanahalli, which is shorter by ~ 20KM compared to going all the way via Hoskote.
https://goo.gl/maps/8zAWFgdA3Sw

Does it make any sense taking this route? For sure it avoids the traffic at Hoskote and Devanahalli but at the same time it seems, I have to drive through Kolar.
Old 10th January 2017, 16:36   #423
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone recently traveled on NH207 between Doddaballapur - Dabaspete? How is the road condition?
Last time I drove was in first week of November. That time there were many spots with potholes and add to it the road widening work blocking the one lane at some places.
I rode on a bike few weeks back, It is manageable, definitely better than entering the city. Construction work still going on though.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 16:52   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does it make any sense taking this route? For sure it avoids the traffic at Hoskote and Devanahalli but at the same time it seems, I have to drive through Kolar.
I have done this once. It was by accident, we just took the straight coming from Dobbaspete at Devanahalli thinking it was NH207. Road was great condition. Watch out for uneven small bridges (transitions are not smooth and you may flyoff doing good speeds) and mild 2 wheeler traffic.

Around noon-ish Kolar wasn't a big deal to cross.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 12:50   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Tarmac on the flyover is done. But street lights are not yet installed. Hopefully it should be open by Jan.
I believe the flyover is open to traffic now. Can someone please confirm?
Old 11th January 2017, 15:26   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Tarmac on the flyover is done. But street lights are not yet installed. Hopefully it should be open by Jan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I believe the flyover is open to traffic now. Can someone please confirm?
Thanks to Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas held this month, the flyover on the dreaded Railway line before Goreguntepalya on ORR is officially open, in both directions.

On how wide it is for a road like Outer Ring Road and the traffic density here, don't complain but it definitely is better than the mess earlier.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 12:09   #427
BHPian

Sarjapur bypass is blocked for some repair works and diverted via some village roads. Kindly avoid Sarjapur-Bagalur route.
pgginish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 21:59   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quick update Devanahalli - Dodballapur - Nelmangala.
The roads are good throughout.
Some stretches are almost single road.
As I traveled in the morning took about 40mins for this stretch.
gajadonga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 23:14   #429
Senior - BHPian

Each & every time I come to Bengaluru, the Traffic disappoints me a lot.

My Mind is like, We have come so comfortably here, now that we have entered the city, reaching home will be a big headache.

My situation is very peculiar. The Residing Area's (Own & Relative's) are Kalyan Nagar, Koramangala, HSR Layout, RMV Extension, BSK 3rd Stage. Now, I have to access these areas by driving through Traffic bottlenecks each & every time.

There is no alternative, even if it's there, I haven't found it yet. This makes me difficult to live with. Is there a route where I can get to one of these areas quickly ? I won't mind slightly longer distance, but traffic jams, I hate them.
Old 19th January 2017, 12:35   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Last week I took this route to bypass Bangalore, while driving from Chennai. Road conditions are decent and have not changed much than what is updated in this thread. Road widening work is still progressing in very slow pace and that has resulted in quite a many diversions and at some places making the road almost to a single lane. One good thing is all the major potholes are patched up now and the remaining ones are being done when I returned on Monday.

Quote:
I see this road between Kolar and Devanahalli, which is shorter by ~ 20KM compared to going all the way via Hoskote.
https://goo.gl/maps/8zAWFgdA3Sw
During onward journey I took this route and it helped save some time and KM's. Condition of road is similar to NH207 beyond Devanahalli with some random potholes and very sparse traffic. I could cover the distance in about 45-50 minutes and there wasn't much issues crossing Kolar since it was early morning.
Old 24th January 2017, 08:49   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

I will be driving back from Pondy this long weekend 29th Jan and plan to take Chitoor - Kolar route. I need to get to Yeshwantpur from kolar and hence was thinking of taking the Devanahalli route. Or am I overthinking this and should i just stick to Hoskote - KRPuram - ORR. I should be in Kolar by 4 pm and hence not sure what route to take. Any advice?
Old 24th January 2017, 10:09   #432
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Or am I overthinking this and should i just stick to Hoskote - KRPuram - ORR. I should be in Kolar by 4 pm and hence not sure what route to take. Any advice?
Take a call at the Hoskote toll plaza - if traffic is too high then go via Budigere cross-Mandur to Devanahalli and then to Hebbal, mekhri circle and Yeshwanthpur or even Hebbal-ORR-Gokula-Yeshwanthpur.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 11:40   #433
BHPian

Hello team,

I'll be driving down from HYD to BLR and Ooty on FEB1.

1. My halt for the night at BLR is near electronic city flyover so I'll be taking - devanahalli - hoskote - whitefield - e-city. Is this okay?

2. While coming back from mysuru - I'm thinking of this route -
I'll pass wonderla and take the NICE road upto neelamangla, then take the road to doddaballapur and then to chikballapur - does anybody see any problem with this? I would really not like to encounter any traffic as I'll be on my way back home and need to reach early.
Is there any alternate (good and fast) route to reach the BLR - HYD highway from Mysuru?

*I'm traveling with wife and 3 year old kid in my Dzire.

Thank you guys.
Old 30th January 2017, 11:58   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Hello team,

I'll be driving down from HYD to BLR and Ooty on FEB1.

1. My halt for the night at BLR is near electronic city flyover so I'll be taking - devanahalli - hoskote - whitefield - e-city. Is this okay?

2. While coming back from mysuru - I'm thinking of this route -
I'll pass wonderla and take the NICE road up to nelamangla, then take the road to doddaballapur and then to chikballapur

*I'm traveling with wife and 3 year old kid in my Dzire.

Thank you, guys.
Considering that you are travelling with your kid, the route chosen by you is Ok. One suggestion is, you can opt for Chikballapur-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala-NICE Road-E-City while coming from Hyderabad.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2017, 12:14   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
One suggestion is, you can opt for Chikballapur-Doddaballapur-Nelamangala-NICE Road-E-City while coming from Hyderabad.
You don't suggest whitefield route, traffic? and this would be around 40KM extra? No problem, if I can get smooth access.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Most Viewed