Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2016, 22:50   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Varthur road is not worth it. Best is 207

90km of Devanahalli to Hosur can be done under 2 hours deterministically via 207.
Yes. I missed that it's passing Varthur. I would also not take Varthur knowing how slow it can yet around Varthur itself.

However, 2 Hours that you mention is not bad at all. Saves so much of energy for the last leg with no crawling at KR Puram too.

Else during noonish ORR is also a good contender.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 23:05   #407
Senior - BHPian

Agree with ampere.

NH 207 is the best as of now.

From Hoskote to Chikkatirupathi u need to ask for directions at 2 intersections if u r driving for the first time.

Comfortably 2hrs is the running time between Devanahalli to Hosur.

Sometimes Attibele toll can take sometime to cross that is avoided in Chikkatirupathi - Baglur- Hosur route.
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 06:41   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Best is 207 from Devanahalli all the way to Hosur if there is no construction happening.
90km of Devanahalli to Hosur can be done under 2 hours deterministically via 207.
Devanahalli to Hoskote via NH207 took me 33 minutes yesterday (sunday) around noon time.
The tarmac is not smooth at many spots. Being a 2 lane undivided road, requires extra alertness to avoid the many potholes especially since there are many 2 wheelers on the road. There are 2/3 spots like the one in the image attached where one needs to crawl.
Attached Thumbnails
On Bypassing Bangalore-1481504776080.jpg  

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 12th December 2016 at 06:51.
hyd_traveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 08:45   #409
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Devanahalli to Hoskote via NH207 took me 33 minutes yesterday (sunday) around noon time.
How was the drive on the other side of 207 ? Hope you didn't have difficulty locating the entry - once you merge onto old Madras road (NH 4) at Hoskote, they've blocked the break in the median so you will need to make a left turn to go ahead, then enter service road and make a U turn below the next flyover. In fact, the service road entry almost beside the 207-old Madras road junction was blocked when I traveled that side last time, hence the need for a much longer detour.
Also, how easy was it to find the way at Sarjapur and Bagalur towns ? GPS/Maps navigation would have made things easier.

Last edited by NPV : 12th December 2016 at 08:49.
Old 12th December 2016, 09:20   #410
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I had to go to Mysore for an unplanned event with not much time on hand, knew it will be difficult to reach Mysore in less than 3 hours as it was a Sunday. I first started off towards the route which I have shared with many bhpians here, I reached Magadi from my home in 30 minutes, then thought of trying another old road from Huliyurdurga to Maddur, so I reached H.Durga and headed towards Maddur, the road widening work is happening inside H.Durga town but it is still better when compared to the bumper to bumper traffic on Mysore Road. As I passed out of the city, I saw a newly laid wide road waiting for me and zipped past across this stretch to reach Maddur in 20 minutes, thanks to my heavily criticised Duster, but hold on , this stretch is still not complete and has few diversions and it may take another 4 months or so for completion. Finally I reached Mysore in 140 minutes on a Sunday afternoon, took the same route while coming back. The road is good for day time travel, during night it is completely isolated till you reach H.Durga town and again up to Magadi. There are no Hotels or Gas Stations on this route.
Attached Thumbnails
On Bypassing Bangalore-magadi_mysore.jpg  

deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 13:51   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
How was the drive on the other side of 207 ? Hope you didn't have difficulty locating the entry - once you merge onto old Madras road (NH 4) at Hoskote,
Also, how easy was it to find the way at Sarjapur and Bagalur towns?
I did not use the other side of NH207. So, no Sarjapur and Bagalur. I turned left onto Old Madras Highway at Hoskote, got onto the flyover and went towards Kolar.
Old 19th December 2016, 15:35   #412
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I read in the papers that the dreaded Goraguntepalya flyover is finally complete and will be opened for use any time soon now. Any updates on the same?

Cheers..
Old 19th December 2016, 15:54   #413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Yesterday I had to go to Mysore for an unplanned event with not much time on hand, knew it will be difficult to reach Mysore in less than 3 hours as it was a Sunday.
- How is Magadi-Huliyurdurga section of SH85? Last I remember it was a combination of good and bad
- Last I remember this section was a few years back. I hope relaying this section will aid many parallel options.
Old 19th December 2016, 17:04   #414
Senior - BHPian

Hi ampere, road repair is now completed upto H.Durga from Magadi Town. It is not smooth but pothole free atleast for most of the stretch till H.Durga. Thereafter there are small patches of road where work is in progress till you reach Maddur. Maddur Tiffany's will be to your left side when you reach BM Road. This road is useful to people who want to bypass Bangalore while coming from Devanahalli.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 17:16   #415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Hi ampere, road repair is now completed upto H.Durga from Magadi Town. It is not smooth but pothole free atleast for most of the stretch till H.Durga. Thereafter there are small patches of road where work is in progress till you reach Maddur. Maddur Tiffany's will be to your left side when you reach BM Road. This road is useful to people who want to bypass Bangalore while coming from Devanahalli.
Thanks for the update. This is good. But if folks are coming from Devanahalli, I would still suggest the Doddaballapur-Nelamangala-Neligere-Sriangapatna section. Its much better (though still not hump free! )

But it is really good to see many of these parallel sections getting better. There are 3 arterial roads, with many exit points.

- Hassan Highway (Yediyur, Kunigal, Neligere, CR Patna)
- Mysore road (Ramnagar, Maddur, Mandya, Srinrangapatna)
- Kanakpura road (Kanakpura, Halagur, Sathanur, Malavalli, Kollegal etc)

Availability of interconnections between these points adds to the choices in much better way.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 14:28   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Hi all,

I read in the papers that the dreaded Goraguntepalya flyover is finally complete and will be opened for use any time soon now. Any updates on the same?
Tarmac on the flyover is done. But street lights are not yet installed. Hopefully it should be open by Jan.
guruji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:07   #417
BHPian

Dear All,

Planning for a drive to Hosur from Bangalore this Saturday. Will be starting from Hyderabad around 8 AM. Is NH 207 still the best option to bypass Bangalore? How long will this take now and are there any diversions en-route or can I blindly follow google maps?

Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:34   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotha View Post
Dear All,

Planning for a drive to Hosur from Bangalore this Saturday. Will be starting from Hyderabad around 8 AM. Is NH 207 still the best option to bypass Bangalore? How long will this take now and are there any diversions en-route or can I blindly follow google maps?

Thanks
https://goo.gl/maps/gdhvQB2mqBA2

Nandi Upachar-Left Fork-Leave Highway-Devanahalli Busstand-Left Turn-Hosakote-Malur-Bagalur-Hosur

Conservative timings:
6-7hrs Shamshabad-Devanahalli
Another 2 hours from there to Hosur.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 22nd December 2016 at 19:36.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 13:30   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
https://goo.gl/maps/gdhvQB2mqBA2

Nandi Upachar-Left Fork-Leave Highway-Devanahalli Busstand-Left Turn-Hosakote-Malur-Bagalur-Hosur
Thanks Ranjit. Did Devanahalli-Hosur in exactly 2 hours. Started at Nandi Upachar at around 6 PM and reached Hosur by 8 PM. Journey on the way back was slightly faster and was able to cover this in 1.45 Hours.
Old 10th January 2017, 15:02   #420
BHPian

Has anyone recently traveled on NH207 between Doddaballapur - Dabaspete? How is the road condition?
Last time I drove was in first week of November. That time there were many spots with potholes and add to it the road widening work blocking the one lane at some places.

Most Viewed